Chester and Mike Discuss "The Hunting Party" - Part 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 15, 2014.

1. Ankur Gautam

Ankur Gautam Active Member

this is my first comment..........

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I see.

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

That's a bot. :|

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is my first reply to your first comment.

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This is my first quote to your first reply to his first comment.

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This is my first time quoting you in response to your reply to Derek's first reply to Ankur Gautam's comment.

7. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I think you guys need some more news...

Just like I do. :D

8. Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

^ This! Totally Agree!

Also...

Is there anyone here who put in at LPU to listen to the album on May 23rd with members from the band in Hollywood, CA? I so totally would but I work and live in Phoenix, AZ. My wife doesn't see the logic in taking a day off from work just to drive to Cali to listen to an album and then come back lol. If only she knew how awesome that would be!

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

This is my fi...ah screw it.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

YOU BROKE THE CHAIN. WHYYYY.

11. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I hope so :/

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think we will get some more news today or tomorrow. Monday at latest

13. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

I imagine we'll get some legitimate full album reviews starting this coming week, seeing as there was a listening session for the press according to Derek.

14. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

*shrugs*

Dunno why not just enjoy the album? We are all LP fans alike. I see all this "well I don't like Robot Boy" and I think:

"Well it's safe to say there's definitely 2 crowds here; HT era LP fans and ATS era LP fans."

When I was in high school during my WinMX days and Napster days I remember getting remixes of songs from Linkin Park like In The End, and.. I think I was 16 at the time (28 now)? A much older boy told me during one of my night school classes as we shared earbuds (to kill time at that class) "How the hell could I listen to this *beep*?" That it sounded like "straight up dance music". That's when it had hit me that Linkin Park has the ability to go wherever they please given they make a catchy track.

At the end of the day, Linkin Park is Linkin Park. You are going to be a fan of them as long as they keep the core group in, so far we been lucky not one member has left the team yet. I say we should all be looking forward to this album, even if you are wishing for the old HT sound or if you are hoping for more ATS like sound. I honestly think this is all going to be new technique and mixes we haven't heard. Probably Linkin Park finally take on something I been looking forward to which is 80s guitar craftmanship but not necessarily the sound of HT. I just wanna see that era being approached by LP.

And after listening to UIG on m4a, yea not a bad single. I think the Youtube video's quality doesn't do it justice. And even if Derek did mention it has some reminiscent of Numb at the beginning, the song strays far away from that. Yea the lyrics (IMO) are not my cup of tea because I've gotten much older, but as the LP fan in me.. it's exactly what I would expect to hear and want from LP and UIG is way richer in detail when it comes to sound compare to their previous work.

I am still waiting for Reanimation Linkin Park to come back someday, closest dose I got of that was ATS.

I just say for all of us to stop being picky and nitpicking. And saying "oh they had to go this direction because of this is the hot thing now, or for financial reasons" yea LP is a business but we shouldn't concern ourselves with that! We are the consumers, our job is to pay for this enjoy the heck out of this music before it's time is up.

God forbid they split up, or one of them gets into an accident. Then you are gonna regret saying "oh I had my last straw with LP! Oh this doesn't sound like how I expected, BOO THIS BAND!"

Let's just enjoy the moment :).

Since my tenure in the official forums in '02 before I got dragged to these forums not one day has gone by where LP fans gotta sit down and dissect LPs music and compare it to another band and be like Financial Analyst saying "it's just not making the cut Steve! We gotta shave this otherwise we aren't going to make profits! Look at Amazon with their drones and robots moving the merchandise! WE GOTTA GET OUR BOYS ON THAT!"

Screw it!

I am going to say something here, I personally over a long time have not enjoyed MTM. I thought it was the "middle" album I disliked out of the band, but just like every other HT song I didn't like at the beginning when I first heard LP, I grew to enjoy liking it! Just give it time. Maybe it's not Linkin Park that's the issue and it's 'you' not accepting LP for whom they are.

/end rant :samuel:

Dunno what's worse, Linkin Park fans or Gears Of War fans?

15. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Maybe if the mixing wasn't so bad I would actually be able to hear that.

16. Shadow

Wait for the actual CD or FLAC. It's in there.

And if this hasn't been said before, to pass any judgment on Linkin Park music you need the actual CD quality of the song, no not 320kbps or VBR or 192kbps mp3 or m4a. You need the actual non compressed version of the songs to truly enjoy the craftsmanship LP puts into their music.

And if DVD-A wasn't such a failure, that would've been the ultimate form to listen to all of Linkin Park music. LP is an high definition sound band stuck in a standard definition sound world.

First time I heard The Catalyst I was meh about the song. I think I went as far as saying it was like 6/10. Then I heard it in lossless CD quality and I had a turn on for the album. It makes that much of a difference to hear LP in a compressed youtube video from a compressed source (double compression) than over the actual uncompressed CD audio which adds volume to the mixing.

First time I heard Reanimation? KROQ NY Radio rip via mIRC. Was pumped, when I got the CD.. I was high on Linkin Park.

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

It's not "so bad" it's just bad, and I think you can crearly hear the guitar and drums part and notice that instrumentally UIG is better than Numb or other songs.

18. Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

keep-calm-only-30-days-left-now.png

Hold it together people! :brick:

19. Shadow

Take_bae903_1939492.jpg

20. Residentturdface

Residentturdface Well-Known Member

wow, another video focused on GATS pretty much -.-'' .. if they release one more song before the album comes out next month, they should release one with mike rapping in it i think. I'm getting kinda sick of GATS now lol. Or release 15 second clips of all the songs