Linkin Park: "The Hunting Party" Track-By-Track Preview of the Six Song Sampler

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I don't think you really understand what the term "Double Post" means do you? Let me direct you to this sentence in the Forum Guide, which I suggest you go and read in full before posting again: "We also ask that you try to avoid double posting. What this means is don't have two posts in a row in the same thread. If you make a post, and then want to say something else before anyone else has posted, edit your post and add to it."

I'm not entirely sure how you "don't see" your double posts. Like I said, I don't think you know what it means which is why it's explained above, but just in case you need a visual indication, here are your double posts from this page alone.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/050914-121830_doubleposts.jpg[/thumb]

You should probably also go and read the Forum Rules. :)

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Not gonna comment....

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The irony...

Are there any ironic themes in any of the songs, Derek?

4. korbit

korbit Well-Known Member

I want to know, keys sounds more like qwerty or given up? is there a many screams? Derek tell us more about it:)

5. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

How about we all stop pestering Derek about the tinniest details that don't really matter.
    There's 4 weeks to go until we year the album in full.

6. korbit

korbit Well-Known Member

ok You're right, but I can't waiting until record is out:)

7. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Funny looking back at this and comparing it to what we actually got. Even though Until It's Gone is nowhere near as awesome as we thought it'd be I still love it.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I still don't take back a single thing I said. I may have been more excited about the song when I first said it, but it's still a very atmospheric track (as listening to the instrumental in the photoshoot video proves). It's still a 'brooding' track, with a 'synth reminiscent of Numb' and it still has catchy melodies and gets stuck in people's heads. There's still keyboard riffs and organs that give it an orchestral feel. Nothing I said about the track was misleading, and I still feel it's one of the strongest singles the band has done in a while and one of their best songs recently even if the lyrics are a little trite and cliched. There's a lot about this song to love, even if it is a tad formulaic. Is it my favorite track on the sampler still? No. But it was the hype of the fanbase that made it "nowhere near as awesome as they thought it would be". Not the post itself.

9. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Derek, what was your favorite track from the sampler?

10. Derek

Really tough. What's great about the sampler is that even though the other songs weren't quite as "radio ready" as UIG, they left such a lasting impression that I can actually play them back in my mind (even though I don't have photographic memory :lol:). Mike said he was "looking for ferocity, innovation, and energy without giving up songwriting, sophistication, and craftsmanship." and I think these tracks embody that. They're closer to GATS than UIG in terms of overall "spirit", but they didn't sacrifice song quality for the sake of making the track 'really aggressive'. It's a nice balance. I'm confident people will be pleased.

Probably find myself singing Keys To The Kingdom and All For Nothing the most. So I'd say those two if I were pushed to name favorites.

11. BLACKOUT

I didn't want to ask questions, but what Helmet song does it embody most (AFN)? if you listen to Helmet at all that is :p

12. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I've been saying that for a while, now. The only time I was really hyped about the song was when that 15 second sample was released. Plus I never expected the writing to be some of the best lyrics the band has written. After I saw that the chorus lyrics were "No you don't know what you've got until it's gone," I knew that the lyrics weren't going to be the greatest. I was actually surprised a little, they were better than what I thought.

13. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

So what Derek is saying is that rebellion actually has a rap part but cannot disclose or spoil

14. Derek

I never inferred anything.

@BLACKOUT: The rap parts keep it from being totally Helmet so I can't say one track, I guess the chorus has a similar chord progression to the chorus of "Like I Care" (not the whole song though) but with call and response type vocals in the chorus (Chester does the Sum 41 type vocals in response to the parts Page sings). You'll see.

15. BLACKOUT

Ah thats pretty rad.
    By Sum41 vocals i'll take it you mean Fat Lip-eqsue (which is even more rad).

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

OOOOOHHHHHH

Sum 41 do some of my favorite types of vocal arrangements. This sounds great to me! I am ready for it!!

17. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

How can you still remeber?

18. Derek

I remember conversations I had with people years ago. Don't ask how or why :lol:.

And yes "Fat-Lip" esque. Except Deryck's higher pitched shouts. That's kinda how it sounded.

19. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Would it be more reminiscent of their song "Thanks For Nothing"?

20. Derek

Nope. The shouted parts are quick, not held. Hence my 'gang vocal' description.