[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Speaking for myself, I absolutely realise that, and that's exactly what is wrong with the song. They're deliberately writing a song to appeal to as broad a demographic as possible.

2. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Nobody hates Linkin Park like their own fans.
    Personally I like the song, then again I'm really listening to the cover version I imagine every time I hear a new song.
    I was expecting a lot of people to think the same thing I did, that the album is gonna be awesome!

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Flawless.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The accuracy, and it's really sad. They bitch more than any other fans I've ever seen.

5. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I like the verses, like the bridge too.
    The lyrics are meh, the chorus is meh.

I hope the song grows on me, but I really doubt this would be a song I will be listening to frequently.

But based on the reviews, this was the song that I had less expectations to listen to really.

So, hopefully the other songs are better.

6. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

They absolutely do not need to write songs like this. They already have a huge fanbase.

7. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Ok, I see. So, you're being serious. Alright.
    First of all, yes, I love drum & bass, but I want to ask you, what makes you believe it is the only thing I listen to simply because it is in my username?
    Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps I make it? Under the producer name "Cylock?" Doesn't seem like you thought of that.

And LOL. You make me laugh. Are you really gonna give me the "real music" argument? Is that the greatest point you can pull out of your ass?
    I suppose, the only way to progress from this point is to ask you yet another question, what is the definition of "real music" to you? I'm very curious.
    Also, since I'm assuming you've listened to Drum & Bass before, what exactly have you heard? What artists? What songs?
    Evidently, you have only listened to a small portion of the Drum and bass that exists. This has to be true given your completely closed-minded opinion of the genre.

You're really not following any of your points through with any evidence or substantial reasons to back them up.

As of right now, it's still you who sounds like an idiot.

I will await your rebuttal with hopefully something a little more credible within it.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I like the fact that they included an actual music video type of a video with this. It's a great way for them to play the song on TV until the actual Music Video releases.
    It's very obvious that this song was meant to be a hit, at least for the sake of the label.

So is it out yet on itunes?

9. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

ITunes? So if I preorder the album I will get the song immediately?

10. A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

I think it's a good, solid song. The lyrics certainly are the truth.

Guilty All The Same sounds a bit better to me, but I still like Until It's Gone. In time, it'll grow on me, I'm sure. It should complement the album well and I can't wait to hear that.

Good stuff, Linkin Park!

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Success = Keeping a record deal. Like it or not, that's a fact on many major labels. They need something to promote the CD with, and this song is fine. Chester can't be screaming on every single track. This forum is never fucking happy.

12. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

I think the real reason why some people are hatin on CylockDNB's comments is that you kinda feel the same way but dont want someone to say it. It hurts, but he's not wrong.

After being in the game for so long you except better lyrics from LP. Problem isnt the mixing.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Come on. We care enough to be critical. Everyone else just writes the band off as done and has nothing to do with them. We here on the forums actually still have faith that the band can write good music. That's why we're here and that's why a song like this pisses a lot of people off.

When people say things like "it's just a song," "enjoy it for what it is," "it's for the casual listener," etc., I don't understand how people can still think that way when it comes to Linkin Park. Linkin Park has been writing "just a song" music pretty much their whole careers. They built their career on introverted harder-hitting pop music. How many times can we get a different variation on the same 3 and a half minute dramatic pop-rock track and still enjoy it just for fun?

And then, when they spend months railing against "Disney commercial music," and "herbivores," and "pussy" music, and name-dropping other groups constantly, they still have to sneak this kind of music in there? It's either #BlameWarner or the band just doesn't want to entirely practice what they preach.

14. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

iTunes doesn't have the preorder or song up yet. What he's talking about is an iTunes leak of the song that can be found online. The track has a strange interlude at the end with what appears to be a baby laughing or crying.

15. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I dont know
    We need Derek to help us
    Or Adam to confirm

16. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I'm not angry, i'm disappointed.

I expected more from them. Guilty All the Same must have spoiled me.

17. lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

I had a radically difference experience closing my eyes on the second listen. I too felt that the 'Until its gone' sections were repetitive at first listen, but I think the lyric video actually forced that on me. Listening to the song alone made me appreciate the details/not chorus lyrics way more. I don't know crap about making music, so I'll take your guys' word on the alleged unbalanced mix. I can't hear anything that's sonically bad but that's because I'm probably ignorant to it. I think it is pop-esque compared to GATS and the visceral concept but I think it has an edge to it. It's not a razor but compared to the other songs that are said to more like GATS...I'll definitely take this song in stride.

18. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

THIEVES AND HYPOCRITES

19. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Guys, don't you get that the majority of the criticism isn't about the song being soft. It's about the lyrics being too generic and cliche. For example compare the lyrics of UIG to Burning In The Skies or even Castle of Glass. How many of you actually think UIG has more effort in it's lyrics? Seriously. Instrumentally though, it doesn't sound that bad to me but the mixing is a problem.

20. tonymadridista7

tonymadridista7 Member

Well it's clear,that according to Derek that this is the softer of the 6 tracks he got to listen from the album if the remaining 4 holds up to the aggressiveness promised i don't mind a tune down track also it's probaly Warner brothers that wanted a song like this...this album to me has the most promise since a thousand suns i enjoyed that album my fav is hybrid n least fav is M2M...