[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Again..... lol You don't realize do you? How can you call someone a "musical idiot" when you are the one that listens to drum and bass... seriously... I actually did laugh out loud because that is just so ridiculous.

2. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Remix Soon?

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Nice find! Seems like there is indeed a short interlude between UIG and Rebellion. And it sounds...cool :)

4. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Oh boy here we go again with the hate.......

5. Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

I noticed that the song is about a minute longer than the radio version.

6. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Just wait for the album. I think the thread with the 6 track sampler left everyone envisioning something greater than what they heard. I myself fell for that. I don't think it's a great single, definitely radio friendly but I am putting my money this song will come into full bloom when heard in the album in it's entirety. Because really it's not a very bad song. If you look at it from a technical stand point it has all the Linkin Park attributes to it, it's a little soft, but it hits you pretty nice. The lyrics are typical linkin park lyrics that pack a punch and there's some ATS sprinkled on top of that. Relatively nice length time.. so it's not bad!

I see this in the manner as Robocop 1987 vs Robocop 2014. If you come in with a mindset of not ever seeing Robocop '87 you'll be like "yea! awesome sauce!" about Robocop 2014.. but.. if you saw '87.. then yea u get the picture. :)

7. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

the fact that a bay laugh
    and lead a song that has been called agressive
    scares me

8. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

GATS made me excited for THP...

This song has effectively killed that excitement.

9. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

How's the weather way up there on your high horse?

10. DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i don't know what to think about it.. :ermm:
    I prefeer GATS, but there's something in this song that is really fucking good also... Chester for instance, he is amazing; the lyrics are kinda repetetive.... well, there are a lot of things to say, but... you know... Chester's voice is too dominated from the guitars and others instruments, i would have liked less guitars, more bass, a better song structure (this actually seems a little bit forced and seems to be made hastily). Love the vibe at the beginning though and the electronic stuff here and there including the choruses that go along with the main voice at certain points of the song, but again, too much caos for me speaking of mixing purposes even if i'm nothing compared to them and the engineers in this branch. I'm hopeful though, i know that this is a single, so it is as it has to be. In GATS you can hear that they don't give a shit of anyting, they don't kill virtuosity for length, you can see them doing something they never did before that is including special guests on an official album and a lot of other things. On the other side we have Until it's Gone that reminds me at the feelings that i heard in Living Things, "yeah cool song, really like it, but i will probably forget it in some months", but i repeat, it's not a bad song, it's good anyway

11. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yikes.

Also, there was an iTunes leak of the song? Where did it come from, is it available everywhere now? Just some countries?

13. tonymadridista7

tonymadridista7 Member

i think most of you all don't realize that this single is really for casual listeners to LP every album had a song like this to promote it,imo the song is decent enough it keeps growing on me that's a sign of a good song...

14. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

They need to release an acapella first ;)

15. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Really didn't expect all these comments after coming on here. I thought at least HALF of people would like it, but almost every comment is negative. Think it sounds muddy because they said they were recording their songs on tape? Maybe this was one of them?

16. wolflink

That noises-interlude is
    probably a water mark
    only derek knows ifit fits directly into rebbelion

17. ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Oh my god, people, calm down...

Everbody of you wants, that the band is successful, right? And 'Until It's Gone' is the real lead-single from THP. Everbody knows that this song will be softer, then the rest of the album. They need one song like this.

Linkin Park is the band with the most critical fans worldwide...

18. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

I like the song for what it is, it's a fun little track, but it's not going to have too much of a lasting appeal (maybe live versions will make me change my mind). But i can listen to GATS over and over again, and still get chills. This doesn't come close to that, for me.

19. anti

anti Member

Soooo much hate. Too much hate, I'd even say.
    Well, one must have an opinion and I'm cool with that.

I myself reaally fuc*ing love it!! The problem is that people read through all these reviews that may not even be the MOST accurate, because you can't put in words everything you hear. Just like you can't describe a painting perfectly with some senteces. Music is art. My advice to those, who were so to say 'let down', would be not to read the reviews as they may build up hopes, but eventually may crash them aswell, because you were waiting for something even bigger. Just an advice. No hate.

Thank you, LP, for this amazing song!

The Hunting Party is going to be INSANE. I am sure of it.

Cheers.

20. wolflink

probably awater mark
    only derek knows if it fits directly into rebbelion