Linkin Park: "The Hunting Party" Track-By-Track Preview of the Six Song Sampler

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I can't wait anymore for until it's gone

2. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Thanks man.

3. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Clearly, the smartest thing you can do in life is start up a Linkin Park fan site, and all your dreams will come true - great review, Derek!

4. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

5. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Thank you Derek, for sharing this information with us! Really awesome that you got to hear half the album. I was somehow expecting Keys To The Kingdom to sound soft, this totally surprised me. Really looking forward to Until It's Gone.

6. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

First of all: Damn you Derek
    Second: Derek? DAMN YOU!
    Third: Thanks for that perfect read and for the hard work that got this site the info

I absolutely love the rapping Mike does (as you described it) with the highlight thus far being "..... I'm a five star general infantry controller" . Hehe, and we're the infantry and proud of it, welcome to the party I would say.
    And UIG sounds GREAT! I miss this big atmosphere that you talk about the most in LP's repetoire in comparison to some other bands I really like so I've got high hopes for this time around with the orchestral backdrop and all!

Good luck to everybody surviving the time that we have to wait till the single drops!

7. jouki

jouki Well-Known Member

surviving will be hard

8. Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

This was precisely my reaction reading through that particular description.

I have to say, I'm probably most excited for Until It's Gone out of that batch, based on those last few comments--which is good news since we'll likely be hearing it soon.

Thanks for the solid write-up, Derek, and congratulations on having that opportunity in the first place!

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think its funny that Mike mentions Lorde as not being rock where Dave Grohl said a couple days ago that Lorde gives him hope.

Its funny cause Dave Grohl doesnt like that LP that much or at least that they use backing tracks :D

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To the fansite heads/people on other fansites who have been extremely supportive of us today and spread the word about our article, we thank you! It really is appreciated to have your support.

11. Blake

Sum 41 style gang vocals :awesome:

SO HYPED FROM THAT STATEMENT ALONE

Those Rap lyrics in that post too. OOOOH. SO HYPE

12. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

So hype for Wastelands. Holy fucking shit those lyrics are amazing. Out of all of these track descriptions, surprisingly I'm not too excited for Rebellion but I have to hear it first. Definitely most hype for Wastelands and All For Nothing.

These six track descriptions have me more excited than when we got all of the descriptions towards the end of the Living Things pre release cycle. With that being said, remember guys, there are six OTHER tracks that haven't been played to most people yet.

Edit1:
    Dave Grohl is one of the realest musicians out there. I respect anything he has to say about the current state of rock and even Linkin Park as a whole. The thing is, people don't realize that Linkin Park no matter what they do will never be looked at as huge musicians that broke out of their roots like they did. I mean the dudes from CKY dislike Brad because they think he stole Chad's bitch toss guitar swing stage move. But then again as much as I love CKY if it isn't Clutch or stoner rock music they aren't a fan of it at all.

Also;
    Thank you Derek for taking the time not only to describe the tracks but give a huge portion of lyrics from each song that we haven't got from any other review yet. You're the man and I loved the Altwire post even more.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  13. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Derek! This album sounds so promising. I'm can't wait to listen to it and see the band live again.

14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Derek, how did you get to hear these? Did you go to the studio or was it via email or?

15. Blake

Wastelands sounds wonderful!

those Numb and ATS comparisons for Until Its Gone sound wonderful as well!

Also, Mike is singing lead of Rebellion! Sounds great!

16. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

What's so exciting is this is only half of the album. We have 6 songs that we know NOTHING about. They could be anything.

17. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I just said that on my post. Like this is enough for me but the fact that there is six more songs blows my mind. Song titles like "Mark The Graves" and "A Line In The Stand" still have me on the edge of my seat.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That info is meant to be kept confidential due to agreements with Warner. Sorry.

19. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Neuralizer1.jpg

20. Residentturdface

Residentturdface Well-Known Member

wow, these track reviews seem amazing. Really excited for all of them! Thank you Derek for this great review :)