X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Oct 29, 2013.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

New trailer. It's so awesome. And it makes Quicksilver look less goofy.

[video=youtube;gsjtg7m1MMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjtg7m1MMM[/video]

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I guess they're not making Quicksilver Magneto's son in this adaptation? It certainly doesn't seem so.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Apparently it will be alluded to. As long as it's not like Nightcrawler's "hey, we're both blue!" BS, it can be redeemable. Maybe.

Gibs

The promo shots for Quicksilver made him look god awful, but honestly, with the trailer, I'm starting to warm up to Singer's Quicksilver.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I loved the trailer but have a few problems with it. How is Charles walking for half the trailer, how is beast human again and why is there a metal sound when Wolverine's bone claws come out.

The Joesen One

I think Beast did something that made him human again and created a device that helped Professor X to walk. And then I think Magneto did something to make him all blue and furry again so that's why he's trying to drown him.

Also, I'm glad to see Havok's getting some action in this trailer. It's been a while since I've seen him in First Class.

MKH

1. Apparently it's just a temporary heal.

2. It was revealed in an interview with Nicholas Hoult a while ago that he's suppressed Beast to be like The Hulk now where only agitation triggers the transformation.

3. Maybe that's just a trailer error.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I has no werds.

MKH

I actually said "Bryan 'The Rapist' Singer" in a comment on IGN today about how Fox keeps throwing money at him to make these movies and then this. Wow, I'm the Clairvoyant.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

It might be rubbish for all we know.

But if he did do it, he should be punished. Which makes me wonder who will direct X-Men Apocalypse. (PLEASE NOT RATNER)

MKH

Apocalypse will do well with Matthew Vaughn and a big budget.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

wtf with all the pedophilia in hollywood?

MKH

New clip explaining how Xavier can walk - sounds to me like McAvoy just didn't want to be in a wheelchair the whole time because how, if you're going with President Nixon's period, is there a spinal treatment that affects your DNA?

[video=youtube;JhpuUD1fWvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhpuUD1fWvs[/video]

Gibs

How awesome is this?

[​IMG]

The Joesen One

The movie was great guys. It's the best X-Men movie since X2. And by the way, wait until the ABSOLUTE end of the credits. I didn't like the way some mutants were underused though.

Quicksilver is thankfully my favorite out of the new mutants, with Blink and Bishop as close runners-up.

Snail

EN SABAH NUR​

The Joesen One

(c) Empire Magazine

[​IMG]

Snail

[​IMG]

Though satisfactory, there seems to be a lot of confusion amongst viewers concerning the time travelling aspect. Some of my friends have voiced their concerns on the issue, and it is an active discussion on various websites.

For anyone confused about the timeline ramifications, this is my take on their approach:

SPOILERS

Remember, this is purely a speculative.

There is only one timeline being explored here.

Consider Beast's comment of which alludes to the thought of how destiny will manifest itself no matter how adverse the events preceding it becomes. Wolverine and Professor X's retort in the exchange challenges that notion, implying that as long as the correct denominator is found, the equation would change.

There are two scenes that expresses this notion in action. The first presents Bishop, Kitty, and the Sentinals vanishing into thin air. Now, one could denote this scene simply as an aesthetic way of interpreting that this is a timeline with the most grim of outcomes and that the characters we see in this shot is dead. However, this suggestion is quickly disposed of through a scene during the film's final act in where Professor X, Magneto, and Kitty faces certain death; low and behold, they vanish in the exact same method shown earlier in the film. If this were a film that indulges upon multiple timelines akin to the 'Terminator' or 'Star Trek' series, we would have witnessed the death of the characters within the aforementioned scenes. The fact that they vanish in both scenes due in part to a change in the past implicates that what we were witnessing no longer exists. It is my belief that it was a literal way of expressing the linear-timeline theory.

Extensively, if it were an alternate timeline, the conscious of the Wolverine that we've been following (X1, X2, X3, Wolverine) would have been eliminated. It wouldn't exist because Wolverine would've been dead in the temple along with the others. By the end of the film, it is apparant that his consciousness had returned to his original body in present day. The only difference is that what has transpired since 1973 had successfully been altered. If there were multiple timelines being explored here, Wolverine's consciousness wouldn't have had anywhere to return to. The timeline in which he came from wouldn't have had a vessel to return to as his body would have been destroyed.

What 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' divulges upon is the transfer of consciousness itself, not time hopping of the physical body. Thus, isolating any sort of changes in the chain of destiny, and altering of fate within its own linear timeline.

[youtube]dO1rMeYnOmM[/youtube]​

Last edited: May 29, 2014