Early Preview of Linkin Park's The Hunting Party via Loudwire

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 10, 2014.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It looks like the hype for Linkin Park's new album release continues as the press are beginning to release their impressions of a six-track sampler for Linkin Park's new album "The Hunting Party" that has been previewed over the past week to various media outles. The new album that is set for release June 17th is set to be their heaviest album yet. Following Rolling Stone's impressions this morning, Loudwire have now released their own which you can read below or in full here.

‘Keys to the Kingdom’: Right off the bat this track has an old-school punk vibe with a new twist. The hasty drums and explosive riffs a hardcore element to it. Vocalist Chester Bennington unleashes melodies and the balance of Shinoda’s rap verses makes for a powerful combination. Although the band will be playing arenas on their forthcoming Carnivores tour, this song has an underground feel that would welcome them to a small, beat up venue in Brooklyn, N.Y.

‘Wastelands of Today’: This tune starts with a hip-hop verse and the song has a lot of groove with heavy drum and bass. The chorus is catchy yet sludgy and has some grit to it. Watch out for the heavy breakdown in the middle of the song. Linkin Park take you on a sonic roller-coaster ride as they play around with the tempo and ambiance of the song.

‘Until It’s Gone’: It’s a more mid-tempo track with softer lyrics provided by Chester Bennington, who really shows his vocal versatility. The dreamy and atmospheric sounds are enough to whisk you away but Bennington brings you back down to earth as he belts out their take on a familiar chorus: “’Cause you don’t know what you’ve got / No you don’t know what you’ve got / You don’t know what you’ve got / Until it’s gone.” This catchy song is one that’s bound to get stuck in your head for a long time.

‘All for Nothing’: This one, when performed live, will get the crowd moving for sure. With a hip-hop flow in the first verse this quickly turns into almost a punk anthem. The song is relentless and unapologetic, with a stellar guitar solo by Brad Delson. It’s no surprise that this heavy tune is hardcore especially since it features a guest spot Helmet vocalist and guitarist Paige Hamilton.

‘Rebellion’: With a name like ‘Rebellion,’ as a listener you would expect pure chaos and mayhem and that’s exactly what Linkin Park give you. The vibe is almost thrashy with its speedy riffs and galloping drums. While listening to it one might think that it could even fit on System of a Down’s first album — that’s probably because none other than Daron Malakian of System of a Down is featured on this song.

Source: Loudwire

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well ... Shinoda definitely raps on the album. :rolleyes:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

You're fucking ace. Coming out of nowhere :ph34r: :lol:

I like that at least we're being told that Mike is rapping on the songs that were previewed. I'm still waiting for someone to use the "thumping beat" line though lol..

Also, think their description of Rebellion confirms Daron Malakian is playing guitar. Although it does leave room for a possible vocal participation since they only make reference at a "SOAD album", without specifying. I just imagine that "SOAD-like" sound as in guitar.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

HYPE

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Yes please! And thankfully a little bit more down to earth descriptions..

Btw I lost my shit since I just woke up and read it as if something was released at first... you see what you want to see I guess :p

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The descriptions for All for Nothing and Rebellion have got me incredibly excited! :awesome: I'm still very wary of track descriptions though. I remember back when LT came out, I believed ArtistDirect's track description, not knowing they over hype everything. I remember them saying some thing along the lines of "it changes rock as we know it."

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I totally misread or misjudged the thread title and thought "WE HAVE PREVIEWS?!1?!!!ONE?!!"

But still - nice ;)

merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Well regardless to how many other rappers besides Mike and Rakim feature one thing is certain, a large chunk of this album is going back to their HT inspiration, not the sounds of that album because those nu-metal elements are most likely long forgotten by the band but heavy guitar driven, angry vocals, hip hop beats and rapping
    PREQUEL TO HT
    HYPE

minuteforce

:hmm: There is a lot of vagueness in these descriptions

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I opened this thread excited shitless thinking that previews were up :lol: regardless I am quite excited about this!

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am more excited about the style/approach they are taking rather than the descriptions of the songs. They are always misleading and often the song(s) don't sound anything like what you would think after reading about it.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Wastelands of Today title confirmed?

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

SNIPPETTSSSS!!!!!

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Yay we getting the slow song

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Cool. Rolling Stone and Loudwire. Now all we need to complete the trifecta is ARTISTdirect's Rick Florino saying it's their best album ever.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I got an In My Remains kind of vibe from that one.

minuteforce

Hype train just won't be complete without it!

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Not only their best album ever, but a timeless classic and a milestone in rock music history.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

so im guessing Until its Gone is gonna be like Shadow of the Day? if it is FUCK YES!!!

minuteforce

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion like that just yet ;P