Titanfall

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Mar 11, 2014.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Is anybody else as excited as me for this game? I have the Xbox One special edition with Titanfall ordered and all I have to do is pick it up after work.

By all account and reviews, this looks like one of the most fun first-person-shooter games ever. Just fast-paced, exhilarating gameplay from start to finish. I'm really intrigued by the use of Burn Cards and how the parkour elements are going to challenge my usual FPS strategy.

Will you be picking up a copy? Have you played the beta? Any awesome stories? Go ahead and share.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I played the Beta. Due to spending a grand on tickets and various other things in the past two weeks, I'll be delaying my purchase of the game on PC.

In the meantime, I'm watching a few of my favorite youtubers livestream the game for 12 hours.

Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Luckily enough, my room-mate and I had saved up enough to get and Xbox One for the household just last week, and we've both been having high expectations for this game. I'll probably be getting tonight after work myself.

Side note, I love Respawn's story, the whole "being the chunk of Infinity Ward that were fired/left." It makes the impact that this game is making fairly ironic along side the dying breed that is CoD. Though, I actually kind of liked Ghosts compared to BO2 and MW3.

Mark

I played Ghosts for the first two months it was out, didn't play it for 3 months, then tried getting back into it a few weeks ago in anticipation of Titanfall. I played it for 30 minutes, got sick of it, popped the disc out, and haven't played it since.

Not a fan at all.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Can't wait 3 day left

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It does look good, I admit but I'm not really into multiplayer games much. Maybe I'll get it (on PC) if it's ever on sale someday.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Played the beta, hit max 14 the same day, kept playing the rest of the weekend - too damn good. Picked up my copy last night, played til 5 AM, woke up at 10 and have been at it since - it's TOO DAMN GOOD. It's not about 1080p or FPS or graphics, it's about making a fun as hell game, and this is!

Mark

Xbox Live has been down for me all day. :(

Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

I tolerated MW3 and disliked BO2. The only reason I like Ghosts even a little is because I like the maps. They felt more like war-zones than they had been in the previous two.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Going to get it tomorrow. How are the servers holding up?

MKH

They had a hiccup but it was with XBL - the game itself has been working flawlessly, at least for me!

---

I need a good team for these campaign replays...I know there's only one mission I didn't win as IMC and am about to replay it in hopes I get a decent team, but I have no memory whatsoever of which ones I lost as Militia, and apparently there's no way to switch back without replaying all 9 yet D:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I'll purchase it soon. Not going to be a week 1 purchase for me. Really enjoyed the beta.

MKH

God, Ogres are so incredible - taking out 5 enemy Titans without losing even half my Titan's durability is freaking badass.

Mark

XBL came back online last night around midnight EST. It was down platform-wide, not just for Titanfall. So Mitch, everything is looking good for XBox One if that's what you are buying!

I have only had the chance to play 3 games but holy shit is it fun. I can't wait to become familiarized with the maps and find my own sweet spots and parkour routes.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Ah, good to hear. I loved the beta, but I'm a bit worried on the lag time considering there are no data centers in Australia as of yet.

MKH

I played in the Japan region thingy for the lulz with a ping of 240 ish and it wasn't awful :lol:

Those who have it...when do you play?

EDIT:
    Zampella just tweeted that Australia servers are going online on Friday!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

Yeh it was still quite good at 116ms. But that news is great, awesome stuff. I really enjoy how quick the game feels.

MKH

I need a team to do one more campaign mission as Militia - apparently, if I try to go into a game alone, it immediately puts me as IMC :FUUUUUU:

:FUUUUUU:
    Getting to generation 4 is a BITCH. FUCK THE WEAK ASS RAILGUN. In other news, I've clocked over 34 hours on this :lol: or 45 if you look on XBL, however you wanna do it ;)

Also, did everyone realize all Titans are female? The voice telling you to eject due to high threat level is your Titan ;)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014