Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah, that was amazing.

2. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

It will be play live in may

3. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

i hope so. im thinking it would be pretty kick ass for the opener. although im wondering what they're gonna do about rakim's verse. im thinking they would just cut it out like a radio edit or something but who knows. we'll see eventually.

4. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

My guess is Mike will do a different verse, maybe something from an older demo that only the hardcore LP fans would recognize.

5. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Like he did sometimes over Bleed It Out? Yeah, I can see that working. And being pretty badass too.

Oh god. This as a concert opener would make me cream. 0_0

6. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

After a night's sleep and a few listenthroughs on good headphones, I've decided this is has some really nice features and some really bad parts.

The good: a few of the guitar riffs are really catchy and heavy, the pre-chorus and chorus especially (especially the first) are awesome. The general energy of the song is pretty amazing. Chester's vocal performance is one of my favorites on any LP tracks.

The bad: The bridge...it's not that it was done by Rakim, it could have been Mike and still would have sounded bad. It doesn't flow with the rest of the song. The intro riff is extremely clunky and I'm surprised this made it past being a demo for the band. The wah pedal sounds a bit too eh...I guess Metallica for me. Sounds like they are trying too hard.

It's a good song, but considering how awesome HT and Meteora were in terms of being "hard rock" songs, it's a bit of a letdown. I do have it stuck in my head though, and any good song must have at least that.

7. jkrawcke224

saaaaaame

THAT would make me cream rivers. holy crap.

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Meteora doesn't qualify as awesome anything.

9. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Really? Some of my favorite songs are on Meteora. At the very least Chester screaming "I won't be ignored" in Faint is awesome?

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah, I posted on LPL that it would be an amazing opener! Imagine starting of with GATS into Given Up into Victimized/QWERTY into Faint. Then they slow it down a bit.

Would be an amazing opening to the concert!

11. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Pet peeve of mine when vocals are too quiet in the mix. Why get Rakim in if we can't hear him?!

12. Blake

This as an opening:
    GATS
    Given Up
    Victimized/QWERTY
    Faint

:whew:

And then closing with:
    The Catalyst
    *insert new album song here*
    Papercut
    One Step Closer
    Bleed it Out

:wheeeeew:

13. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's been said a few times, but right off the bat I was disappointed with Chester's vocals. They're somewhat lacking and I feel like A7X's or even Disturbed's vocals would fit the track better. And I somehow knew before the song ended that he wouldn't scream, which IMO was a huge missed opportunity. Imagine Chester screaming the word "same" - not each time, but maybe twice at least: once before Rakim's verse (which was also hard for me to hear) and at the very end of the song. Not only would this sound awesome, but it would further set LP in a new direction in which Chester's screaming isn't restricted to a bridge (a la Hit The Floor). That's my 2 cents at least. Otherwise, I fucking love the guitars and everything else about the song. Can't wait for the album this summer.

14. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

This sound is amazing when you hear it a few times. At first I was like "meh!..............." and got kinda sad about the direction of their music....but after a few listens, I'm really impressed.

15. Blake

Idk what you are listening to, but I can hear him perfectly fine

16. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Probably the bad quality version on Shazam. I thought Chesters vocals sounded lower. I got a 320kbps version and you can hear both perfectly fine.

17. jkrawcke224

i disagree with the closing because LFY needs to be there. they FINALLY decided to ut that song at the end of the setlist last tour they did, and it works soooo so so so much better there than in the beginning of the setlist. that song is not made for the 'lets get the crowd pumped early' part of the setlist, its for the 'we're almost done so lets make them shit their pants' part of the setlist.

then again i am 100% biased because LFY is my most favorite live song EVER and ive always wanted to wait til the end to hear it instead of just in the beginning. so idk. but that would be an awesome opening few songs tho, for sure.

18. Blake

I see what you mean!

19. blj.davidosn

blj.davidosn Member

You say that for LP Underground users, we can "download" the song straight from our inbox. Am I missing something? all I can find is a link and password to the song on Vimeo. Can't stop listening to the song though!

20. Blake

Even on Shazam I can hear him just fine.