Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

1. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

This is getting incredibly boring, I called it a concept album approach, I did not call Meteora a concept album, only that it had partial sonic elements of a concept album, it can easily be argued that it is closer to a concept album than Hybrid Theory or arguably Living Things; are we clear?

My initial comment had more to do with segueing as Robert mentioned, I thank Robert for conceptualizing what I had in mind.

Let's get back on topic...the new Linkin Park album, now i've cleared that up - for the second time.

2. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol This is getting boring. :rolleyes:

3. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

I only want one thing for the new album at this point, for it not to be a rushed, confused mess.

4. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

LP have become much better at writing songs over the years, it takes them less time to write an album now. ATS & LT both had two years gap between them and their previous album, same with this new album. LP are actually quite confident with the music they're writing now, Chester said that they're actually "ahead of the game" on a radio interview, so that's reassuring that they're not rushing it.

According to Chester ( chesterbnetwork.com/2013/10/chester-benningtons-interview-on-kerrang/ ) the demos for the new album were originally electro/dubstep-y when Mike made them, then he came in and said "Let's make it darker". Now the demos are dark, heavy and have death metal influences (looks like Chester's role in STP may have influenced his vision for the music on the next LP album).

Knowing LP, these demos could be reminiscent of Hybrid Theory and have some real nice screams and rapping in them, but then through the creative process they get replaced by different songs since the band writes their music in such an amorphous manner. Mike's update on the new album on his blog doesn't say anything about the demos being heavy because he knows all that may very well change.

So like Chester said, this new album "people are either gonna love it or hate it".

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

He also mentions that there's been "super-intricate drumming" ... thereby ensuring that the drum parts will be simple as fuck and that we'll all be disappointed. :/

6. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I think it's safe to say that LP6 will be dark and heavy and rock according to Mike and Chester
    but the thing is what does dark and heavy mean? That is the question

7. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

Gangster rap, maybe?

8. MattLP

yeah yeah Mike spittin some 90's flow yo

9. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I wish I could tell if you were kidding or not.

10. chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

I Didn't understand your contradict; Chester said that will have ''super-intricate drumming'', so why you think we will be disappointed about simple drum parts?

(Sorry If I didn't really get what you mean)

It's hard to predict, particularly I consider When They Come For Me a dark song (And by some points heavy) and it's the absolute opposite of by myself, for example, it's hard to know...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  11. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Cause things chester says tend not to come true.

12. chayand1

That's what I had thought hahaha
    But I dont know, it's a very precise information to be ''inverted'', I really want to believe (and confirm) that this Chester's comment it's true, will be awesome to see the maximum power of Rob on the drums.

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

[​IMG]

14. minuteforce

Not necessarily "inverted"; odds are that it'll turn out that Chester (or any other band member) has greatly, greatly overestimated the impressiveness of whatever he's hyping up

15. MattLP

Heavy guitar solo's by Delson

16. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Because when I think death metal, I think Stone Temple Pilots.

This time around I want more prominent banjo.

17. chayand1

Agree, but I really wish that Chester was really accurate in this comment.

Someone in the band (Mike, don't know) said that TLTGYA drums are fucking complex or something like this; not that I desagree totally, I really love the drum track, but it doesn't follow the proportions they said.

18. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I know STP isn't death metal lol What I meant was Chester being in a rock band in STP may have influenced his taste in wanting new LP songs to be more "rock-like" and less electronic than e.g. songs on LT (this is keeping in mind that Mike has expressed that he would like to "get away from the computer for a bit", which may hint at more pure instrumentals that are not distorted electronically for the new songs)

But of course, that could all change through their creative process.

19. minuteforce

I'd say that a better example is the way they hyped up the guitar solos that would appear throughout "Midnight".

20. chayand1

I like the hyping predictions, but the final product dont be exactly what was told isn't necessarily good or bad (In the case for the guitar solos on MTM I really agree with you)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014