Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

1. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That sounds tasty. More material like "No Roads Left" would be great. (Although he did have some trouble singing it live.)

I could see that happen, especially if the album is going to be heavier as has been hinted (although I'm still skeptical about that).

Btw. that "Aaahhh... aah, hoyy" thing Till does in the pre-chorus is like my favorite part of that song :lol:

2. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Going from the newer stuff that they've been playing, I think it's safe to say that they're gonna have a hard time singing things live no matter what, so there's that.

3. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Don't make it weird, bro. Don't make it weird.

4. lime treacle

You're making it weird, god damn it Pidgey! :lol:

5. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

They could play it in C# tuning and play half the songs from HT and Meteora :lol:

6. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Are you talking about something like a Misa Kitara with a touchpad? That's essentially what Muse used on Madness (but there were two necks for a standard bass to be used after the guitar solo). I don't remember Phoenix getting anything like that. I just remember hearing about Sean Paden getting some GGP guitars and other gear for Mike around the summer. Can anyone link me to Phoenix's nifty bass?

7. lime treacle

Quote by Mike at the end of INSIDE LIVING THINGS:

It's kinda like going forward and going backward at the same time. We're trying to find a way, not only with experimenting with things in the studio, but also comfortable with being what people think of when they think of Linkin Park. In the last two records, we were scared to do that thing, for fear that it might take us backwards, that too much of it would point to the past, and now we feel like we've established enough of our own thing that people know what we're about, and bring in some of the things that we're known for is not a problem anymore, we can do that without feeling like we're regurgitating anything.

I'm posting this because I feel like some people treat LIVING THINGS way too seriously and way worse than it deserves to be treated. Every album has its philosophy, and that quote is the philosophy of LT. Is it really that bad?

8. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This thing: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33392&highlight=guitar

LT's problem isn't that the music isn't "good" or anything like that. It's just doesn't hold up very well as time passes. Another problem is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. During the first half, it's a single-heavy experience. After that, songs start flowing better into eachother.

And even if all of that wasn't a problem, did we really need an "updated" version of HT/Meteora to begin with? They started experimenting heavily on ATS and pretty much dropped the ball at LT. Prime example of this is "I'll Be Gone/Primo", where the demo version is tons more interesting than the album version.

Anyways, again, LT wasn't terrible. It was just subpar. There's nothing wrong with revisiting the past, but at least make it interesting. I think "In My Remains" did this to some degree, with the bridge sounding relatively different (being the military drums). But eh, don't want to have this conversation again. If you think LT's good, that's fine by me, obviously. I just don't agree.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  9. lime treacle

^Awesome.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I'd give In My Remains more of a pass if it weren't aping The Catalyst's structure somewhat.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That thing was a controller. It was never meant to "change" their sound; it was meant for use during songs where Phoenix does nothing but sample-triggering.

12. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

First of all, bring back the concept album approach which made Meteora and A Thousand Suns so fucking awesome.

Cut out the rap, it's boring for the most part, don't say "Let's add a rap here!" Say: "Let's try rap here, and if it sucks, we've all gotta man up and tell Mike that it sucks."

Rap/rock is not cool anymore, and when done badly.. it makes the band look like they're parodying themselves, makes them look like Pitbull. That's right, Pitbull.

220px-PitbullHWOFMay2013.jpg

Pitbull sucks at rapping, do you wanna look like that Mike?

"You told me, "Yes"
    You held me high
    And I believed when you told that lie
    I played soldier, you played king
    And struck me down, when I kissed that ring
    You lost that right, to hold that crown
    I built you up, but you let me down
    So when you fall, I'll take my turn
    And fan the flames
    As your blazes burn!!!"

:facepalm:

Fuck that shit.

In fact, I want a minimal amount of vocals for a while, let Mike and Chester take the back seat and let instrumentation be the forefront of this new album, and i'm talking the real shit - guitar plucking and drum smacking, fuck that electronic shit which doused Living Things like diarrhea.

I mean, if you're gonna do electronics, do it well. I don't want that Maschine preset crap which turned Living Things into generic-ville, I hope the band apologize at some point for the travesty which was Recharged, it was a fail of epic proportions.. with the arrogant title 'Recharged' "We're recharged creatively!" Shut the fuck up, that album was tedious and so was Living Things.

Let the Phoenix rise from the ashes and make something I can bop my head to, make something like Breaking The Habit Waiting For The End With You Faint Session When They Come For Me, hell, i'm even gonna throw you guys a bone and say Skin To Bone was a nice stab at it.

Come on... Do it.

That sound, that thing.

That intelligently composed Linkin Park SOUND.

[video=youtube;j-d6elcbJ54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-d6elcbJ54[/video]

13. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

You lost me when you called meteora a concept album.

14. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Sheesh. Sorry I have to say this.

Apart from the horrible aesthetics of the post, I have to wonder why on earth do you consider Meteora a concept album?

Secondly, the whole Pitbull thing is ridiculous, how is the comparison even valid? It's not like Mike raps in his songs about jevitas and culos over the incredibly overused reggeaton beat (and how would you say a bad rock band sounds like Pitbull is beyond me). Mike has his weaknesses and his verses sometimes aren't too complex but dragging him that low is too much and unnecessary.

Third, you're grabbing the wrong end of the rope in your attempt to slag Recharged. No, the name is not trying to present the album as a 'flag of their creativity' simply because a) it wasn't made by them bar two remixes and b) The name is simply because they had it in mind 'cause of their work in the fb game and stuff (I assume).Don't try to play smart putting words in their mouth like no one would notice.

Fourth, asking LP not to sing or rap in an album is delusional and utopic.

There have been people who come in and make great first posts, but that was bullshit. And welcome to the LPA.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  15. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I like how you ended that.

16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Did you just tell Linkin Park to grow some balls? That's just something I would see from straight from a YouTube comment.
    I'm just... not even going to get into it.

Back on topic.
    I can understand the hate that Living Things receives. It does some good things, yet it has it flaws. The way I see it (and as some of you already mentioned earlier), it's not a good album as a whole. Living Things has great songs (Roads Untraveled is one of my absolute favorites), but it fails to have a focus.
    Honestly I would be very happy if this next album is a concept album but does not sound or feel like A Thousand Suns. I may just be speaking of the impossible for asking for another concept album without feeling like A Thousand Suns, but I also feel like it can be done.

17. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

1. Meteora is in no way whatsoever a concept album.

2. Pitbull is fucking awful. In no way does Mike compare. At least he has good lyrics, that actually mean something.

3. Recharged is simply a remix album, who really cares about it? If you like it, cool! If not, cool! It's in no way a representation of their creative vision going forward.

4. Taking away the Rap/Rock combo would be pointless, their blend is what made them hugely popular in the first place.

5. At the end of the day, LP is LP, they'll do what ever the fuck they want. You absolutely no place to tell them to do anything. Are you a member of the band? No. All you are is someone behind a keyboard, ranting about the actions of a band that has caused them to be such a success. How much have you accomplished in your lifetime? More than likely, nothing comparable at all.

6. If you hate the current status of Linkin Park so much, STOP LISTENING TO THEM! Nobody's forcing you. Go find another band that'll make you less bitter than you currently are over LP.

18. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:blink:

I hope everything they do on their next album is nothing you want. Your hypocritical post came off as arrogant and was an obvious sad attempt at trying to be funny. Apart from having less than a clue about what makes a concept album, your lack of intelligence with anything the band does became ever so apparent with your understanding of how RECHARGED got it's name. Before posting things that you will list as fact on these boards, have it be known that there are many people on here who will call you out on bullshit. And for your "grow some balls" comment, Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns called and said "Been there, done that. Here's a T-shirt to prove it."

Lastly, for Christ's sake choose a different username that doesn't make you look as childish as your first post came off as.

19. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

@Andreina @Gibleson @Hybrid

[​IMG]

20. PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

As I said:

"First of all, bring back the concept album approach"

Did I call Meteora a concept album? No. Did I say that LP approached it like a concept album? Yes.

Let's start on the sonic aspects of the album, you know..

1. How the breaking hard drive sound effect of Foreword leads straight into and compliments the intorduction of Don't Stay and blends perfectly with the opening of the song?

2. How the phone message at the end of Don't Stay blends perfectly into the intro sound scape of Somewhere I Belong, in turn making the build-up that much sweeter?

3. How the build up of violins at the end of Easier to Run fade straight into Faint?

4. How the sound effects and build up at the end of Figure .09 lead straight into the explosion of percussion at the start of Breaking The Habit?

5. How the sound effects from the end of Breaking The Habit lead straight into From The Inside?

6. How the fade in of a flute at the end of From The Inside leads straight into Nobody's Listening?

7. How the synth from Session is present at the end of Nobody's Listening?

Now lyrically:

How the lyrics from this album focus primarily on letting go of someone/something/your behaviour from the past and moving on to become a stronger person? Yeah... Pretty much 90% of all the songs aside from the instrumental.

CheckMate.gif

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014