Music For Relief presents CONCERT FOR THE PHILIPPINES 1/11/14 Club Nokia, Los Angeles

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jan 12, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Linkin Park performed a once in a lifetime set with many guest musicians for the CONCERT FOR THE PHILIPPINES presented by Music For Relief. This important concert event saw the likes of Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, the members of Filharmonic, Mike Einziger of Incubus and Travis Barker of Blink 182 join Linkin Park as they played through an emotional set list for a very special cause.

SETLIST:
    One Step Closer
    Faint (w/2012 Outro)
    New Divide
    Waiting For The End (Apaches w/Wall of noise)
    Breaking The Habit
    CASTLE OF GLASS (Featuring Heart)
    Ballad Medley (Featuring Filharmonic)
    Numb (w/Numb Encore Outro)
    What I've Done (w/Piano Intro + Featuring Mike Einzinger)
    In The End (Featuring Mike Einzinger)
    BURN IT DOWN
    Bleed It Out (Featuring Travis Barker)

Additional Notes
    - After performing CASTLE OF GLASS with Ann and Nancy Wilson, Mike said "That is a dream come true, you guys."
    - Alternative Guitar segments played by Mike Einzinger What I've Done
    - In The End featured a small segment from Pushing Me Away and alternative guitar segments
    - Mike delivered a thank-you message throughout Bleed It Out's intro
    - Travis Barker played an extended drum segment throughout Bleed It Out's bridge

Did you attend the show? Did you stream it via the AXSTV app? Stop by our forums and discuss your thoughts and opinions on this concert event.

Source: AXSTV l Broman

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

d601a6287b5311e3adf0123b25f3136a_8.jpg
    9155c0007b5711e3900612308f8e4524_8.jpg
    bf7371d87b5911e3a3361272a5390f85_8.jpg
    c9b0f1e07b5c11e3a2cf1215b493f9ac_8.jpg
    [video]http://distilleryvesper3-19.ak.instagram.com/dd7a8e027b6611e3a742120ef9859af7_101.mp4[/video]
    [video=youtube;hRX3_oXWwBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX3_oXWwBI[/video]
    [video=youtube;TIAarG5_Pnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIAarG5_Pnc[/video]
    [video=youtube;Fa3U-eOIqf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3U-eOIqf0[/video]
    [video=youtube;djpu5qF70pY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpu5qF70pY[/video]
    [video=youtube;CKOx19K4Gbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOx19K4Gbc[/video]
    [video=youtube;FAC3Otn8Bac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAC3Otn8Bac[/video]
    [video=youtube;-hJupVAdRCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJupVAdRCg[/video]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Shit! They were just wrapping BTH when I tuned in. LPA why haven't you been covering these shows as they've been happening? D: Also according to LPL the band opened with OSC not Tinfoil. Hoping someone recorded the stream so I can watch the beginning before February 15. Also for anybody who would like to donate to MFR for the Phillipines you can text "MFR" TO 85944 to donate $10. Well that was a lot of different thoughts. :lol:

cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

Great cause. Chester seems to look and sound tired..

Hybrid

My AXS stream didn't start until New Divide. Some people's streams started before mine and they heard Faint, so it was assumed that was the opener. As far as covering this show, you know, as it happened, there was a conversation being held in our shoutbox to discuss this show. Go to the archive. It's there. Oh, yeah... Here's your official setlist:

[thumb]https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1525568_10201860060320797_1416337676_n.jpg[/thumb]

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Can they just make Mike Einzinger the unofficial seventh member? It's not like his talent for throwing out solos is being used well in Incubus if their last album is any indication. He could be like Dice Raw and the Roots, playing an important part on albums but nonexistent during live shows.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

It's funny how Chester is so off-key during this concert, but for some reason Burn It Down has never sounded this good pitch-wise. Also, the Mike Einzinger parts are pretty cool, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be a seventh member. Those were not amazing solos, they were decent at best. He starts off pretty well in both cases and he builds them a little, but his phrasing is a little off in my opinion. The solos don't really go anywhere.

I also like the last chorus of Castle of Glass where all of them were singing. That must have been powerful live.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Here's CoG with Heart:
    [video=youtube;b4JeHv_j3j0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JeHv_j3j0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

EDIT: Oh sorry, someone already posted.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Eh, I didn't say those solos were awesome. Just that it'd be a win-win situation if he donated some material to LP6. Shinoda would get the chops necessary to write the cutting-edge rock music he wants to make while satisfying that collaboration itch and Einzinger would wash away the stench that was If Not Now, When.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Chester was off-key? ._.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm really hoping for solos, similar to what Mike Einzinger performed, from Brad in the future.

Edit - Bleed it Out was incredible! Rob really held his own. He needs to let loose like this more often. Travis Barker was amazing as well.

Hybrid

I'm going to go with what my gut says, and my gut says that won't happen. But hey, it's Linkin Park...

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Oh ok, I realize I kind of sounded like a dick so sorry.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hey they just might this time around. They did during MTM and even during WFTE And sorta in WTCFM so it's my entirely impossible.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think honestly the biggest problem is that on some tracks the vocals were very loud, and then on others you had to strain your ears to hear ANYTHING. Case in point: COG w/ Heart. The mics volumes were all over the place...you couldn't make out anyone clearly.

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I've read around that Chester was apparently sick yesterday, like he left during sound check or something. Could've been another night I read about it but I'm certain it was for yesterday.

Bucho

Bucho New Member

I woudn't say Chester sounded off-key, but he certainly didn't seem to exude the same amount of energy I've seen him put out in other concerts, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was still not feeling too great. I agree that Burn It Down sounded better than it usually does live - I think it's probably because Chester wasn't trying to scream on the "We're building it up..." part as he usually does. I thought the more harmonic way he sang the word "up" in this rendition made it sound significantly better. I hope he sticks with this method moving forward.

I also agree the solos weren't stellar, especially when you compare the few times Einziger did a solo on Bleed It Out during the 2012 Honda Civic Tour. It's also too bad the audience participation parts were very hard to hear, maybe because of the smaller crowd? Still, it was an enjoyable concert to watch and keep me up until 2:30 on the East Coast.

I was just able to get my stream going at the beginning of BTH...but it doesn't sound like LP performed simultaneously with The Offspring at all? I was actually hoping to see at least one LP/Offspring mashup. Oh well, maybe someday...

I thought I had also read somewhere that AXS was going to make the full concert available for download at some point. Anyone have more information on this?

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Wouldn't necessarily agree with this. Though it was better than most of the other songs Chester performed last night, live performances of BURN IT DOWN from Rock Im Park 2012, Orange Warsaw 2012, Live in Berlin 2012, Live in Monterrey 2012, and many others easily triumph over last night's.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Sure Chester let the fans sing a lot more than usual, the band did many unusual things that night as it was a charity concert, the band really wanted the attendees to feel special for the money they contributed to the Philippines. Maybe he was drunk/sick who knows, but his performance shouldn't be cause for anyone to be shocked. Face it, his singing voice has been getting progressively flatter since the ATS tour started, and that's just unfortunately how it is. His screams, however, have been back with a VENGEANCE since 2012, so it's not all bad. Seriously, check out this performance of One Step Closer from 2 days ago:[video=youtube;OZK1Xygy8Kw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZK1Xygy8Kw[/video]