Primo on A Thousand Suns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Dec 27, 2013.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Do you believe that Primo could've fit on A Thousand Suns? It's more than obvious that the band didn't believe so, but I feel like it would be a great track, somewhere near the end of the album. I feel like it would be a good final track, but I still like that "The Messenger" just comes in out of nowhere with a different sound and closes it.

So for example; Iridescent, Fallout, Primo. Or Iridescent, Fallout, Catalyst, Primo. Primo feels like the resolve of something.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

If they would have touched a few things up in Primo, such as adding another chorus at the end, and overall polishing, I could definitely see Primo fitting great. I could see a finished Primo replacing Robot Boy in the track listing. Not that I don't like Robot Boy, I just would never get rid of The Messenger. :lol: In the end though, no pun intended, I like the version of I'll Be Gone that we got better. I only wish it was mixed better, so you could actually here Owen Pallett's strings!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility that the band would decide to remaster the LIVING THINGS tracks?? I hope they've done that on LIVING THINGS + RECHARGED Deluxe Box Set..

Gibs

What Living Things needs is a new mix, not a remaster. A remaster will only make the sound quality better. But as far as I know, the Deluxe Box Set has neither a remastered nor re-mixed Living Things.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Primo should've been worked on more, and replaced The Messenger at the end. Would make ATS even better imo.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

It could have replaced Iridescent imo.

Gibs

You don't like Iridescent?! :dafuq:

But why?

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

The only song on ATS that I think could be replaced is Robot Boy.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I don't think they could fit it into the grand scope of A Thousand Suns. Primo is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I think I am of the minoritiy here when I say that the end product is better. I'll Be Gone is one of my favorite tracks off of LIVING THINGS, which I know is not a common opinion and I'm okay with that. Anyways, to me, Primo does not carry the same vibe that is in ATS. It's close, but I can't see it as an ATS track.

Gibs

I second this. I'll Be Gone is certainly better than the other similar tracks on Living Things, being In My Remains and Burn it Down. The end product is overall better, but I'll Be Gone, In My Remains, and Burn it Down are all my least favorite tracks on Living Things. They all sound incredibly formulaic and predictable.

Filip

I'll Be Gone is one of my least favorite LP tracks ever. I was surprised with how good Primo is, and now I like the end product even less.

Gibs

I don't think it's THAT bad. If we're talking about bad LP tracks, Runaway, Valentine's Day, those are bad.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Yeah I definitely don't think I'll Be Gone is bad. I think it falls more in the line with a "What I've Done" or "New Divide" but I still think it tops both tracks lyrically and instrumentally.

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

Why is Runaway a bad track..?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Because it is someone's opinion and there's always someone who disagrees. Everyone has different tastes!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Why is Valentine's Day a bad track? Probably one of the better ones from Minutes to Midnight.

And what's with all the Robot Boy hate? Well, I should say non-love. Whatever, what's with it? That synthesizer at the end is one of the highlights to all of A Thousand Suns.

Gibs

Music-wise, I love the way Valentine's Day builds, both instrumentally and vocally. The lyrics, however, come across incredibly sappy and bad. I just sounds like a emotional 13 year-old girl who just went through a "break-up" wrote it.

In accordance to Robot Boy, while a great track, and one of their most memorable on A Thousand Suns, It doesn't have much going for it, in terms of vocal variety. I'm not saying I'd rather see Primo replace Robot Boy, all I'm saying is, that if one track had to be replaced to make room for Primo, it would be Robot Boy. Having all the songs that A Thousand Suns has, along with Primo, would be a bit much, even though it's a fairly short album, considering there's only 9 songs.

The lyrics are incredibly bad, That's why.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Filip

The breakdown is one of the most powerful moments in Linkin Park's music ever.

Meh. Doesn't make it that bad. It's not a great track either.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I guess you haven't realised it's actually about the death of a loved one yet. (Which is pretty obvious given the lyrics. "And the ground below grew colder, as they put you down inside. But the heartless wind kept blowing...")

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

And that line is far from being "sappy".