LPU XIII Coming Nov. 18th With New Primo Demo

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 14, 2013.

Tags:
    jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Are some of those synths reused in Complimentary?

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Right there at 3:26, but more dominantly at 3:39, I got the vibe that the synth was vamping to build up to a drum solo,, that would then break down into the "tell them I couldn't help myself" bit.

Listening to this is actually kind of frustrating, because it's 4000% better than the final LT version, in my opinion. Some of the lyrics could have been tightened up, for sure. And I feel like the point was kind of lost. You want this person to let you go, but you want them to miss you? That's odd, to me. I think this song could really benefit from being one of those few songs that DOESN'T have the light at the end of the tunnel. They started that shit with Somewhere I Belong... It's okay to go back to that every once in a while!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'll have to join again.Took a break after I got disappointed by 12. I am however extremely intrigued by XIII and what the album will include.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Where can we find the Tracklist for LPU 13? This demo has a potential and its very disappointing that it didn't included in the final process.. 6mins demo?? that's pretty dope..

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the original I'll Be Gone (It's actually my favorite song off of the album), but the Primo version is so much better. Apparently Beta State's song from their LP studio sessions are supposed to be on this (If I remember correctly). Looking forward to it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

"It's time you let me go, let me go. TILL THEN carry on and miss me when I'm gone. Oh don't let anyone give you away. Just carry on, and miss me when I'm gone. Oh don't let anyone take my place, take my place."

The way I interpret it is that the singer wants the person to let them go, but until they finally let the singer go, he wants them to think well about him. Sure that's very simplified, but that's the way I think about it.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not yet released unfortunately..

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Awp. :(

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I have absolutely no complaints. Sure, I can tell that lyrically this might have needed a little polish, but that lack of polish is what gives it a more genuine, down to earth feel. The album chorus was a bit obscure? Esoteric? This just feels more like something I would've sang when I was on my way to BMT.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

This version of I'll Be Gone is better, but it sounds like something out of ATS. It's a shame that this song turned into the version that ended up on Living Things which is one of my least favorite LP tracks. Musically it sounds lazy, but the lyrics and the emotion behind the lyrics were there to make it a classic. At least we have this Primo version now to listen to.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I love how it goes to all the different places and it doesn't feel forced at the same time...

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

^THIS.
    There is a certain flow to this song that makes it so ATS-ish. Been listening to it non-stop since yesterday.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I just listened to it for the second time today.

If the other demos on the CD are of this calibre, we should all be excited

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Why people just can't enjoy the demo and leave LT aside..It has kind of become a fashion on LPA to bash LT and Meteora on every news thread..Yes this demo is way better than the original and I really like it but that doesn't mean that I hate LT..Really disappointed

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Translation: "Your opinions don't conform to my opinion I AM OFFENDED BY THIS please stop posting your opinions if they are not exactly what i want to hear"

Why the internet is generally absorbed with this particular type of childishness i will never understand. (Seriously, it's everywhere.)

(What I hope to gain from pointing this attitude out when I see it is for people to have a greater perspective. Not flame wars or drama. Please bear this in mind.)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I love this.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I hope there will be an option for a yearly membership and a digital download of the CD over a physical one! I remember getting annoyed that the LPUX package didn't have a digital download and I got the $80 edition of that with the tee-shirt.

?? ????

?? ???? New Member

I was watching again "Meeting of A Thousand Suns" and abaout the 15: 20 (when they are evaluating the songs on a whiteboard) Primo was in there . Below Robot Boy .
    So yes. Primo was a demo of the ATS.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

let people make their opinions, whether it shits all over Living Things or not, that's on them, not you.

20. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I'm just curious, is there any indication that LPU13 will feature lots of ATS and LT demos? Somehow I expect the usual alternate versions of In The End and Points Of Authority with a few 1999 grunge type demos. I'm not bashing or being pessimistic, I just don't think we should get our hopes up for a radical track list. Maybe the track list is already out and I just don't know it.