LPU XIII

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Oct 29, 2013.

1. brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

I like it but icant say I love it. Structurally it's amazing! I wish the band would do more stuff like this! But it just doesn't have to energy like the original. Idk maybe it will grow on me.

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Isn't waiting until listening to LPU XIII in full to judge the track's value a bad thing? Why not just judge this song based on its own merit? Why does someone need the context of other demos? The song is the song. Letting other songs influence your opinion of it is a bad thing if you ask me.

3. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

The argument of "Living Things isn't a bad album because the band wanted it to sound like that" is a terrible argument. Much of the album is condensed into short songs that convey little to no emotion with pretty bad overall sound quality. To negate that opinion with "but that's how they wanted it to sound" is ridiculous. It is what it is.

Yeah. Waiting for the full album rather than judging a band's direction, current music quality, et cetera off of one song makes sense, yet when you're waiting for a collection of most likely unrelated demos...

4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Skin to Bone is simply amazing....

5. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

So Primo is amazing and the structure is way more interesting than it's parent track. I wonder how many tracks started like that and were made into radio versions?

6. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Lost in the Echo, listen to the making of LT. It used to be this really mellow beat, the one on the 2012 intro.

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

None of you just saw me make myself look like an ass right? :shifty:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  8. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Primo is just amazing. When mike was talking about it i thought it wasn't finished and would sound like crap. Instead you get a full detailed song almost better than the Parent track. I think the song is great but LT is higher energy so it needed to be more energetic. The parent track almost sounds rushed, i even thought that when i heard it at first. Now considering primo was made in '10 it has leftover sounds from ATS if you listen very carefully. THE TRACK I REALLY WANT TO SEE... is When They Come For Me demo. That would sound cool. I bet you it had a demo since it is diverse. I want to see ATS demos and LT demos like primo. They are very interesting and almost show where the albums direction was heading before it changed tracks.

IMO- primo beats any other track on LT and may even beat Burn it Down for me! So cool!

9. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Hoping for a full version of this:
    [video=youtube;mnBSrql0Ap4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBSrql0Ap4[/video]

10. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I'm starting to think the version of Castle Of Glass that was used in the music video was the original version and they radioed it up to the album version.

11. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Yes, i remember mike saying that Castle Of Glass once was 6:00 minutes like primo. Even longer than the music video. I bet that will be on LPU XIII also. The Castle Of Glass music was intresting also because it had a simular vibe to primo. Thanks for reminding me.

(Sadly couldn't find the article on this. He said it like a year ago though)

12. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I think that was on the MTV article you're referring to.. :) i forgot the title of the video... :hmm:

Edit: I think this is the one..
    [video]http://www.mtvhive.com/video/770974/[/video]

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

xD.. LP is a lottery when it comes about demos, but more often than not they sound like finished (and good) products, even if the lyrics are "duh nuh nuh" or missing, it's just the way they work. Look at Debris, it's an awesome -and unfinished- demo, it has a well constructed instrumental track but it just missed the 2nd verse and bridge lyrics, which is a bit disappointing because the song had a lot of potential.

I'm really looking forward to this CD.

14. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I don't look down upon Hybrid Theory just because I like demos like Slip and So Far Away. Sure I wish that songs like those should have been on the album, but that doesn't mean I dislike Hybrid Theory anymore than before, nor do I compare each other. Primo and I'll Be Gone took two different directions, don't hate one for being different than the other. At least, that's my opinion. You don't have to like it.

15. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Love it.

It always irks me just a little when the fans will tear something apart with some self-entitled authority, especially on multi-platinum-selling hits. Totally unrelated, I love Meteora.

16. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Ok once again the time of year for lpu is here and there is ONE song im dying to get. It was a meteora demo and was featured on the dvd so they obviously tracked it. Not to mention it seems people love it so I really don't get why it hasn't been released yet. Here is a fan version of it....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sT-d0Emn8Q Anyone else remember this gem? I remember getting meteora and skipping thru every track only to be SO dissapointed. That same process has occurred every year since and its torture lol. Anyone have any info on it?

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

According to several comments in the following link, it's simply a practice track Rob did for his drums and is not an actual demo or a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIC_alc8mUo

Now YouTube comments are is as reliable as Wikipedia so take that as you will.

18. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

If it was just a practice track, it wouldn't have guitar/bass/piano in it. You don't need other instruments in the mix to practice drums. Plus the video of Rob tracking that song is in the studio at NRG, which would have been long past the "practice/rehearsal" phase. You don't book recording time at a studio with six-figure rental fees just to have your drummer go in and practice. The only reason that track has been so closely attributed to Rob for so long is because it's shown during a segment on Making of Meteora where Don is talking about Rob's importance to the record.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Which is why I immediately discredited the credibility of those YouTube comments (i.e. comparing YT to Wikipedia) :lol:. This is also why I texted you to have you come in and clear the air cause I figured you may even have tried to find out more about the track at some point.

I think it'd be cool to sometime ask Mike more about the song, just you know...get some history on it. It's naturally been a very important 20-30 second clip to the fan base.

20. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

As a Wikipedian I gotta strongly disagree. Wikipedia is quite reliable, they're often more critical than i.e. news papers. YouTube comments don't have any quality restrictments...