Linkin Park to Play Hybrid Theory In Entirety

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

With HT on the setlist, I think it'll be very easy to drop Given Up from it.. Since on regular sets it's one of the songs that adds more energy and pumps out the crowd.

2. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I get to hear Forgotten AND Pushing Me Away live again.:awesome:

Meteora??? :sweating:

[​IMG]

3. crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

I think it would be a cool experience to hear hybrid theory in its entirety after all these years at a festival with all that energy. I personally would rather hear everything they have done like in there normal shows bit it's all good I would still love to see it

4. akidnamedallen

akidnamedallen New Member

didn't read through all of the comments here, but let me play the "annoyed, long-time LP fan" role here and say...

This is retarded. Live performance-wise, they seem to be going in the opposite direction of what they do in the studio, which is push their music/sound forward. I thought Mike & Chester coming out to perform a rare, raw version of a new song nobody heard/knew much about with Steve Aoki was a sign of some changes in their live shows, taking risks and not worrying about sounding perfect. But then they announce that a few months from now, when they've possibly released their next album, they want to go back to their "nu-metal" days and perform their debut full-length in its entirety. They went from rotating a selection of their new songs between the different setlists they had when touring MTM, to actually not even playing a song live from a new release ("Robot Boy") when touring ATS, to not playing a number of songs when touring LT, and now they've just thrown in the towel and have announced months ahead of a show, they're playing 12-14 of their oldest songs all in one setlist...Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass.

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Actually, it might've been better if they didn't announce these plans and just surprised everyone instead ...

6. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's ONE SHOW. ONE.

7. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

:facepalm:

Obviously you don't understand the point of this performance...

8. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

Having read the thread to this point, some thoughts:

1) I've always thought it funny that the best bands (or the ones I perceive to be possessing of the most genuine talent and creativity) to have "pioneered", come out of, or been lumped together with the "Nu-Metal" scene/era seem to share the least actual commonality with its most derided/cliched/unappealing qualities.

2) A re-master of Hybrid Theory would actually be pretty cool. Whereas most re-masters just seem to hype high-frequencies and attempt to increase loudness, a post-"loudness war" re-master of Hybrid Theory taken from Andy Wallace's unmastered mixes would almost certainly improve the overall sonic quality.

3) Every time the "new vs old LP" argument comes up.. I find myself thinking: Linkin Park, as they now are, could make a record consisting of nothing but the elements (think "toolbox") that comprised Hybrid Theory and Meteora.. and I am fully confident that it would not sound like or be Nu-Metal.

I don't expect or even think I would want that to happen.. I just wonder sometimes if people think heavy power chords and the inclusion of rap are what made/make something Nu-Metal?.. when in reality it was skin-deep lyrics, creativity-lacking cliched rip-offs of better artists, a copy-paste image that probably seems pretty silly in hindsight (do any by-gone images not?), and an over-arching lack of melody that made the overall "genre" how it will be least-fondly remembered. I don't think LP were ever really a part of that.. and I'd be willing to argue that none of the bands from that era that are still around to any significant degree really are either.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. tyrskytyyhty

tyrskytyyhty a little taste of hypocrisy

I definitely agree. It seems like a war has broken out because of this announcement.

10. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

It's hilarious, really

:popcorn:

11. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Agreed. If LP had just dropped this at Download without prior notice, 100% of fans would be shitting themselves with excitement. Instead we have people who will freak out because of one Hybrid Theory show like it's the apocalypse. People need to get over this and move on with their lives :rolleyes:

12. TheZlajaZlo

There's no freaking out among casual fans. I bet they are more like: "Hybrid Theory in entirety? Cool." ...and it's also better marketing wise. I personally, would go out of my way to see them if I knew that they would play HT in advance. UK is too far for me and I need to get Visa, but if they play it in Germany or Austria, I will go for sure.

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This one takes the prize for most overreacted response of the thread.

DUDE, chill, it's ONE show. And you SHOULD'VE read the whole thread. LP's "philosophy" won't be affected by a show and whether ATS lovers like it or not, Hybrid Theory and Meteora are STILL part of their repertoire, they can't just scrap over that material as if never existed, and moreover, HT is their most successful album to date.

Cut your bitching and whining, it makes you look ridiculous and our of your depth.

14. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

One of those threads that brought good news, but should be locked and burned.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Some of the comments in this thread make me want to bash my head into the wall repeatedly. Seriously guys, it's ONE show. Chill out.

16. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Doesn't matter if it's one show or not, if you ask me. They could play a million shows like this and it wouldn't matter. May I remind you that Hybrid Theory is a Linkin Park album, made by the same people who brought you A Thousand Suns. What do you want? The band to disown HT? By playing it front to back, all they're doing is acknowledging that their debut album exists. What the fuck. It's like they can't even play their own music anymore.

Me too. That might be even more exciting for me, actually. Meteora is so neglected.

17. TheZlajaZlo

Some people (I would say younger fans that weren't around when HT was released, but I don't want to generalize or insult someone) think that HT is just some "lame nu-metal album" that LP is ashamed of...

Meteora is the middle child of LP albums :)

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems so. But whatever, I'm glad LP doesn't actually feel that way :)

19. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to Linkin Park before ATS but now my favorite LP album is Hybrid Theory. Besides that how can you be ashamed of a 10x Platinum-certified album. ;)

20. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This would be a really fun concert to attend! I hope you guys are right in saying that the performance will be recorded either for a live stream or a CD / DVD release. I think the two songs I'm most anxious to hear live again are Forgotten and By Myself. I don't understand all the negativity about the event. Linkin Park is going to play their most critically acclaimed and best selling record of the last decade live, front-to-back, and people still get upset. I guess it just goes to show that you can never make everyone happy.