Thoughts on a new Fort Minor Album

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by crashandburn24, Oct 27, 2012.

crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

Yeah in reality we'll probobly never hear anything like that. But still we can only imagine!

crashandburn24

These minutes to midnight demos on linkin park underground 12 have some fort minor influence in them. Such as debris and asbestos. Pretty sweet

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Won't mind, but I doubt it's ever gonna happen. At most we'd just have the hip-hop oriented songs on an LP album.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Totally get the Where'd You Go feeling from Debris.

Debris > Where'd You Go, btw.

crashandburn24

Definitely, and debris is a deep song just like where'd you go.

crashandburn24

So I took that LP fan survey a couple of days ago and noticed a question that said "How excited are you for the following" with A.) a new LP album B.) A new fort minor album C.) a new dead by sunrise album D.) A new LP tour and so on. It probably doesn't mean anything and is just trying to figure out what fans follow LP for but when i read the fort minor part it got me thinking. If Fans are interested maybe mike will use this as a gauge to see how much of a demand there is. Just speculation obviously but got me thinking none the less. I mean it must be relevant for LP if it was mentioned on their survey.

LinkinParkCroatia

LinkinParkCroatia Active Member

LinkinParkCroatia

Well since '05 Mike met a lot of artists and different sounds.Now he can produce album by himself(TRT was produced partial by Jay-z) as he is more expirienced.Mike said that new FM album will be after 6th LP record(and so Chaz said same for DBS record).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Jay-Z wasn't a co-producer on "The Rising Tied"; he wasn't responsible for any of the writing or production on the album. He acted only as an advisor for Shinoda and helped to oversee the project in that way. Shinoda produced and mixed everything on "The Rising Tied" entirely on his own.

He's said in interviews that, given this, he enlisted Jay to give him feedback to ensure that "The Rising Tied" would be a cohesive and consistent album because, with Shinoda being such a versatile writer, musician and producer, the album could have lacked cohesion by going off in too many directions. That's all that Jay's involvement with Fort Minor really said about Shinoda's production abilities.

crashandburn24

Thats what I heard about Jay-z's part in the rising tied, I bet the next fort minor album if it ever see's the light of day won't include him this time around. Jay-z is always mad busy and Mike has grown a lot in 8-10 years and knows so much more although im sure he will have someone providing feedback.

LinkinParkCroatia

I know that Mike wrote all lyrics and composed all music by himself.To correct myself I'd say that Jay was his tutor on TRT 'cuz Mike was unexpirenced about producing and still learning.He knew that Mike had great potential.And he was the executive producer of The Rising Tied while Mike was music producer.Now I see I made a mistake: http://tinyurl.com/dyxdybg

Jay-z wiki:"Jay-Z was the executive producer of The Rising Tied, the debut album of Fort Minor, the hip hop side project of Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda."

Filip

Have you guys seen the making of The Rising Tied?

LinkinParkCroatia

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ Hey, you might wanna remove those links ...

What you could say Shinoda was inexperienced at was making a straight-up hip-hop album with a strong, cohesive identity and vision. From that creative standpoint, perhaps Jay did "tutor" him and advise him on how to tighten lyrics and whatnot.

But my point, just in case you didn't catch it, is that Shinoda was already very much an accomplished producer by that point, even just judging by the fact that he was able to put together (and, then, mix) "The Rising Tied" pretty much entirely by himself.

It wasn't for any lack of experience or any lack of confidence in music composition and/or production skills that he needed Jay-Z to provide him with feedback. All producers get immersed in their work and need someone who they can trust to provide a fresh perspective on what they're doing, no matter what level they're at. That's nothing to do with experience.

Filip

No, I've seen that. :lol: That's why I asked. Part 2 shows what Jay-Z did for the album. He helped pick out the songs that were good enough for the record. Mike made the record himself, more or less.

crashandburn24

The lyrics on the album recharged that Ryu says on skin to bone are, " fort minor: we major; let's take it to phase 2 the mission isn't finished yet. I've been on the internet hearin fans talk and maybe we should consider it." This has me excited, it could foreshadow what is to come. Fort minor phase 2, I like the ring to that!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It could also mean Ryu is starved for attention, since after Fort Minor ended, not much has happened in his corner. Either way, it's really up to Mike and what Mike decides.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

What do you mean he's not doing much, he just put out Killmatic with Demigodz this year.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I never said that he's not doing much, I said not much has happened. Big difference there. What I meant by that was how SOB dismantled and departed from Machine Shop. Like I know he has done things with GBC and Demigodz, but, I kinda got the hint that SOB was his bread and butter. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see a Fort Minor reunion.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who majored in English during college, the only difference between those two statements is that one is in active voice and the other is in passive voice.