Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

I like LP making songs that define what they are about but i really wouldn't mind another hybrid theory/meteora. since LT, the colab with steve aoki and stp, i really appreciate old LP more than ever. Don't get me wrong they are good at making EDM, alternative rock ect. but they are the best at what they started with. imo they should stick to what they are best at which is based on their first 2 albums.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I honestly think that's exactly why they stopped making HT/M. It gets kinda boring when you're doing the things you are best at again and again.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

so true, but how long has it been since ht and meteora? 10-13 years, pretty sure it want be boring if they made another HT/ meteora in their next album.

edit: i sound like a you tube commenter XD

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's kind of what Living Things was about. I personally hope they make another A Thousand Suns, in the context of getting the fuck as far away as possible from any of the other shit they've done.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Shit son, I feel the opposite. A Thousand Suns is king.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm inclined to agree.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Yeah, same here. Not necessarily another ATS that resembles its sounds, but an ATS that resembles their creative mindset when doing it.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

No more EDM. Yes, Reanimation was arguably their most electronic album to date, but it wasn't really EDM per se.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Again, inclined to agree. The one time is fine but it's not exactly the most creative route they could go down.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Agreed.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, "Reanimation" was definitely not dance music, before any idiots decide to group it with "Recharged" that way

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

And the reason why I make the decision is because that mash-up-y style on Reanimation would be a terrific thing to go back to, even if they don't necessarily do Reanimation-style music all over again. It's more the idea of actually taking the time to take apart the songs and put them back together again, instead of slapping some studio effects and a wub-wub on top of it then calling it a remix.

minuteforce

I guess we're onto this topic once again ...

It's more than that; "Reanimation" was an effort to make tracks that were different from other remixes. That's what sets it apart from most of the other remix releases, these "Living Things" remixes in particular.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Recharged will probably have a lot of EDM influences, though. We already know "A Light That Never Comes" is on it, so that's already one example.

I don't mind them experimenting, but Mike has said the band doesn't ride trends, which is the exact opposite of what they're doing right now.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    minuteforce

I can forgive that they'll be "riding trends" like dance music when it comes to remixes. Still, I think that it's a terribly unoriginal approach as far as a remix album goes, especially when you compare it against "Reanimation" and even "Collision Course", both of which arguably broke new ground, for better or worse.

As for "A Light That Never Comes", as long as nothing like it appears on the next studio album, I personally have no problems with Linkin Park making dance tracks. :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[video=youtube;msp_XgAbgw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msp_XgAbgw4[/video]

Too lazy to watch it again, but, at around 7-8 minutes in Mike says the new album sounds nothing like ALTNC.

-

Reanimation was more hip hop than anything.

minuteforce

Oh, yeah, I know that he's said that a few times now. :)

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

Man... I hate this whole EDM/dance/whatever trend. Hopefully he's telling the truth and there's not a bit of influence of this bullshit in the new record.

What I personally really want to see is a mix between the "magic" of Hybrid Theory/Meteora and the organic of MtM.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't know why stressing so much about EDM. Linkin Park per se has made only ONE EDM song, and it wasn't even LP alone but a collaboration.. And the tracks featured in Recharged have little to NO intervention from the band, as they're tracks made by other people.. Apart from ALTNC I think there's only one remix by Mike and I don't think that's enough to say "LP is doing EDM".

Also, they've stated in interviews that they don't plan to introduce EDM in their albums.

tyrskytyyhty

tyrskytyyhty a little taste of hypocrisy

That would be interesting! Something new and fresh.

That sounds very appealing to me! I love the structure of ATS, it's such a magical album. However, it still contains a few typical "verse-bridge-chorus-and so on" songs, so it would be interesting if Linkin Park went even more progressive.

But in the end, I don't really care which direction they go to. I like each album they've made so far and I think I'm satisfied as long as they keep making music. I'm waiting for the new record eagerly. :)