The LPA Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SuperDude526, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I think you could be forgiven for being biased toward something like that. :lol: Definitely sounds interesting.
    Also, great write-up on From Up on Poppy Hill! I enjoy slice-of-life type anime, so I think I'll have to check it out now.

2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

3. Serenity

Oooi, I really do not know what to think of the Oreimo OVAs. I have such conflicting feelings right now. @_@ Guess I'll sleep on it.

Edit: Nope, still confused.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Don't read the light novels. :lol:

5. Serenity

Don't bait me, I may just do it... :lol:

6. Jesse

I mean it's not totally different but still weird, nonetheless. Anyway, what confused you and what did you expect, really? :lol:

7. Serenity

I suppose I should have expected that ending, I already knew how the manga had ended according to other viewers. It's just not something I'm used to seeing in stories (anime or otherwise). And I think it especially sucked when Kuroneko was rejected.
    I mean...damn. This guy has his pick of the litter and he goes for...?? I mean, c'mon! :lol:
    In general, that sort of relationship confuses me. Society in general says it's taboo, though I don't really care personally because what other people do is their own business.
    Still....it's kind of weird and creepy to watch. >.>

Speaking of Kuroneko...look who showed up at my front step! :eek:
    [thumb]http://i.imgur.com/R8jqgrx.jpg[/thumb]

EDIT:

http://kotaku.com/hayao-miyazaki-is-retiring-1236597463

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  8. Spidey

Spidey Member

Attack on Titan is probably one of the best animes i've ever seen. Man the plot is really awesome and realistic when it comes down to the feelings that these characters have such as the fear of going out to fight in order for the human race to survive.

9. Serenity

Somebody finally replied to this thread!!!
    I agree wholeheartedly, sir! Attack on Titan really can get pretty intense; I don't remember the last time I've feared for anime character's lives so much.

10. Jesse

Yes, Miyazaki says he's retiring. He's said it before, multiple times. Soon he'll get bored and his interest will go super nova. :lol:

Also give me that Kuroneko figure.

And I didn't think you watched Attack on Titan, Will?

11. Serenity

He's said it before, but he seems super cereal this time, bro.

No

I'm not sure I've said that before. If I recall correctly, I said that I watched the first couple episodes and never followed up. That would have been a month ago. :lol: Though I actually stopped watching it again in favor of Sword Art Online. HNNNNNNNG

12. Jesse

~Gekijou-Ban Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! was supposedly released a while ago. (The 14th of September 2013) It's a anime and movie adaption of the first season told from Rikka's perspective. I guess it was released in theaters because I haven't seen it online anywhere. :lol:

The second season of the anime series is to air in January of 2014.

13. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Hey folks, I've written a new blog post inspired by Cowboy Bebop, which I've finally started watching and is AMAZING!

http://hoppedonpop.com/2013/10/01/cyberpunk/

In other news, new series coming from Watanabe Shinichiro, creator of Bebop called Space Dandy. It looks positively marvelous:

[video=youtube;o480GrsQGmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o480GrsQGmo[/video]

14. Serenity

I was thinking when the movie was announced that it would basically be like one of those recap episodes you see in anime and other TV shows sometimea. It sounds like that wasn't the case for this, and if it was told from Rikka's perspective then that makes it instantly amazing. Hope it surfaces soon. (It actually might have, I haven't look or anything yet.)

That reminds me, I really should watch Cowboy Bebop sometime. :whistling ~gets otaku card revoked~
    Haven't heard of Space Dandy. Looks interesting, though.

15. Jesse

I really want to watch Space Dandy. And Shame on you, Will. How can you have not watched Bebop?

16. Serenity

Believe me, you're not the first person to have asked me that. I think I've seen like...one episode on Adult Swim before. Haha. My only real means of watching it are through torrenting, and I'm not really in a position to do so atm. Once I can, I'll be watching that right after Evangelion and Lupin the Third.

17. Jesse

The sooner the better. Evangelion... people either seem to love it or hate it.

18. Serenity

That's what I hear. I certainly didn't enjoy Fooly Cooly, so I guess I'll see what the deal with Evangelion is. :lol: I really liked Gurren Lagann, though, so...

19. Jesse

Well, FLCL is more about the inane wackiness while Evangelion is a philosophical story with biblical undertones.

20. Serenity

Well hell, that sounds good to me. I think I'll like it.

I just finished a load of anime in the past few weeks...The World God Only Knows, Henneko, Sword Art Online, Ano Natsu De Matteru, Watamote, and Nakaimo. Not to mention I rewatched both seasons of Yuru Yuri again, ha.
    I would probably recommend all those anime series, except for Nakaimo. It's kind of just a generic harem comedy with nothing too great going for it, though it was decent.