"Dexter": Season 8 [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by minuteforce, Jan 29, 2013.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Holy shit this is bad. It stooped to a whole new level of shit tonight.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

10 mins into the episode I couldn't take it anymore and I watched the rest of it in 1.5x speed on VLC player.

Harrison's fall and his crying were pure comedy! Oh man what has this show become!

[​IMG]

travz21

Facepalming wasn't enough, so I kind of just foamed at the mouth and shook violently. That's how bad that scene and the writing was.

At least LOST held it together until the last episode until their shitty writing all unraveled and you saw it for what it really was: Lazy. Dexter's story this season is so bad that they are pulling out all the stops to wrap this thing up in any way they possibly can. It's some of the laziest writing I can remember.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Agent

I'm rewatching season 4 just to remind myself how good the show used to be. God, S4 Dexter and S8 Dexter are like two different characters almost. What was once a show with brilliant dark humor mixed with thrill is now a frickin soap opera.

edit:

Some dude on Reddit came up with a story for the final season that would've been A MILLION TIMES better! It's so obvious...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dexter/comments/1lzoyh/spoilers_what_dexters_final_season_should_have/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    Agent

Sorry for the double post.. but Jesus that was bad!

-

nothing makes sense in this show anymore.

so dexter is 'cured' now? when the fuck did that happen? did the allude to that at all? did any of the inner monologues allude to that? and all of a sudden he simply doesn't need to kill! why? because he found 'love' and the 'people around him brought light to him'..... get the fuck out of here!

this is the big reveal... dexter not needing the dark passenger anymore because he found 'love'? Jesus... i don't even like Hannah.. i couldn't give a shit less if she drops dead right now. did the writers really think the viewers are emotionally invested in their 'relationship' that they just started ONE SEASON BACK?!?!

and what is Dexter's big plan here? get out of country with a fugitive? he 'had a guy' who gave Hannah new identity... gtfo! Hannah's going around in broad daylight without any effort to disguise herself.. and she's supposed to be an escaped convict wanted for murder!!!!

wtf man! just wtf!
    //

travz21

It makes me sick thinking back to earlier seasons. I'm pretty sure they are different writers now, but still. The quality is night and day difference.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Wow.. I have seen all seasons of Dexter and all 11 episodes of Season 8 so far, and oh my god. It's just terrible now. I had hope about midway through Season 8 that something good was going to happen (by good I mean a redeeming quality of the show), but now there is only 1 episode left of the series and it's shit. Episode 11 was just terrible. This ending is going to be absolutely horrible. I don't even think that Dexter's ultimate downfall was becoming human a bad idea for the end. But when nothing major really happens to the main characters, and the show begins to become almost like a boring sitcom of sorts, it sucks. Dexter could have easily killed Saxon in that chair and been done with it, and left to Argentina and started a new life with Hannah. But no, he has to become ''human'' ALL OF A SUDDEN and decide not to kill him, even though LAST episode he was dead set on killing him. Lol. So he kills the marshall guy and shoots Deb, and Deb almost ''confesses'' again in the ambulance next episode, judging by the teaser. Wow. Lame. I had high hopes for the very last season of Dexter, and it's been the worst season yet with nothing good about it. Acting is terrible. Plot is terrible. Just stupid.

Agent

Pretty awesome re-imagining of the last season! Only if....

[video=youtube;Hl407-PZa3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl407-PZa3k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ZachLP

Despite all the negative reactions from myself and many others, I'm somewhat excited for the final episode. Here is my last hope that it COULD end decently.

travz21

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would have made me cream everywhere. Pretty simple writing, but it is brilliant at the same time. It's natural. Plus it put in effort to relate to past seasons. Everything we got this season was fake and forced and lazy.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This actually makes me THE MOST depressed.

ZachLP

Worst ending, ever, for a TV show. Wow.

Mark

[​IMG]

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

If I was to start watching this show, two things:
    • should I?
    • if so, where should I stop?

Mark

First 4 seasons are frigging fantastic. Stop there.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

this. Wow, it was soooooo bad.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I stopped watching Dexter, anyone mind telling me what happened? :lol:

Agent

On paper the idea of Dex leaving everyone because he feels he's a threat to them is dope. But that realization couldn't have come more late! This should've hit him when Rita died, not now!

I don't even wanna go into how sloppily the episode was executed. All that Masuka/Daughter crap was completely for NOTHING. The season overall left a bad taste. It was Dexter's worst season without a doubt.

The only redeeming quality was probably that they didn't give him a happy ending. At least they didn't cop out with him/Hannah/Harrison living happily ever after.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Duly noted. Thanks Mark.

ZachLP

I just re-watched the final episode. SPOILERS It actually wasn't that bad of an ending, considering how the entire season went. They could have ended it worse. Obviously, if they took a different direction with Season 8, the ending could have been way more epic. It was kind of emotional for me to watch Dexter take Deb off of life support and throw her in the ocean. I know he kind of did the right thing because she was in a coma and essentially was dead, but it was really hard to watch, it was an emotional scene. When Hannah stabbed Elway with that needle on the bus, that was kind of an awesome scene. It reminded me of a female version of Dexter, and who better to do that than Hannah. I feel bad for Harrison and Hannah now that they think Dexter is dead, even though he is alive and well, living as a lumberjack somewhere. It definitely rings the ''sequel'' or ''movie'' ring in my mind, and it might not even be half bad if they did it the right way. The whole scene where Dexter killed Saxon was pretty good. I actually thought the actor who played Saxon did a pretty good job this season, just the plot of the season wasn't too good. All in all, it was a good ending for a crappy season. Just my two cents.