"A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES" Official Lyric Video & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I always see that and wonder what happened to that guy... :p
    Anyway, this kinda looks like your classic Dumbledore, adding points to Gryffindor so they win the House Cup, ha! But I'm glad to see the song legitimately released now.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thanks. I guess I was just a little frustrated in my reply. In the past week we were blamed and attacked for the ALTNC leak on twitter (even though we had nothing to do with the leak; and it was a mean spirited fan who decompiled the game, cause he didn't want to wait a week for the song to be out), and now this guy laughably calls me arrogant when I'm one of the nicest LP fans you could ever meet. It's just been a tough week to deal with.

3. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's a decent song but it's way too pop. Pretty much the opposite of what I'd like the band to do.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Here's the thing, Derek. You know who you are and what you're about. If anything, it's his ignorant arrogance that has been defeated on this day.

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Let them have their fun, though. I have a feeling that the music on their next studio album will be far, far away from this kind of stuff

6. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Honestly I only listen to this song to hear Steve Aoki's synths, beats and wubs and I don't really care about LP.:lol:

7. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

This, or at least that's what I would like to see!

8. Derek

What's weird though is that this track doesn't really sound like what I think to be the usual Steve Aoki track.

The track to me oddly sounds very Linkin Park and wouldn't sound at all out of place on a LP record.

9. minuteforce

Yeah, the beat is completely different from every other Steve Aoki track that I've heard to date. It's definitely easier for me to enjoy!

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I absolutely love this song, despite weak lyrics and everything, it's just fun, energetic, enjoyable, makes me want to crank the volume up.. I think the guys did an excelent job here and I really hope this song does well.

11. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

The song proves the fact that after 13+ years of writing, they're still dope songwriters. Productions aside, there's a really powerful hook with some of LP's best vocal harmonies to date.

12. Derek

My friend's review of the track:

Best LP review ever.

13. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it without reason. I'm slowly fading away from Linkin Park yet am still hopeful for their next album to be something progressive like ATS. What I said was my reflection for the years I've been here. It always pissed me off that you knew 'everything better' than the rest. I did not mean to offend you or mean it as an attack. You seem like a really cool dude, and I'm very thankful for your amazing job in LPA, you are the reason why in these years I was totally addicted to Linkin Park, and I read everything on this site every day full excitement. Everyone has multiple sides to their personality, and sometimes everyone can slip out saying something. I could've ofcourse misinterpreted you, then I'm sorry.

14. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Oh God, why. Derek, if anything, thank you for the info you've given me in the past year and 3 months.

15. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

"a king can only reign 'til, instead"

Haha, I fucking called it!!!

16. minuteforce

Linkin Park Association would like to take this moment to officially congratulate all of you who 'called it'. ;P

17. Derek

You really need to be careful how you word things then, cause everyone in here (myself included) viewed your post towards me as an attack on my character. It even insulted me as it was way out of left field and felt totally unwarranted. To address the post, in regards to the "knowing everything better"...I've been running LPA for almost 13 years and have been in contact with management for 7-8 of those. I'd never state that I knew more than other people, but I will say that sometimes I learn about things early just because of the resources and contacts I've accumulated over the years. And that's not meant to sound arrogant or like a brag. It's just the way things have progressed. But it wasn't easy to get there. It took years to become as close as I am to management; and while I hope my connections haven't made me seem arrogant, I only get these connections so that I can help out fans like you. I strive to be closer to the band so I can help LPA be a great place, and give fans the info and connection to the band they need.

It's all for the good of the fanbase. It's all about the weight, yo! /pinkman

18. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

I have to be honest, I'm still not sure if I like the song or not.

It does have this Burn It Down feel to it, which I like, cause it makes me want to jump around with multicolored balloons and annoy the crap out of everyone else with my happiness.

But then I very much dislike the lyrics and how Chester's backing vocals have been edited.

I'm still a bit on the fence with this one.

19. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ha ha ha ha that's a nice way to put it. And about the backing vocals, I think that could be some of Aoki.. I imagine the collaborating process, the emailing back and forth, and since each one of them added stuff on their own I could see that backing vocal being Steve's idea.

Also by reading fellow posters saying they haven't heard Aoki made this kind of beat, I'm putting my two cents on it being a LP idea that Steve executed, this type of beat isn't strange in LP songs and to me this has "Rob" printed all over it.

I don't know, it's my guess.

20. minuteforce

How the hell did this shit come from a disagreement over interpreting lyrics?