Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

We all discuss what we want from Linkin Park nonstop on this website. There has been threads made dating back to Fall 2012 about the kind of vibes you would like to see on their new album. I just wanted to share my own person ideas with what I would like, going more in depth, while keep the discussion fresh as opposed to digging up a buried thread from last month.

I'm looking for a mix of everything on this album, but with less electronics. I am kind of over their progressive stage because they just aren't the right band for it. Just because they are Linkin Park, they don't have to put out simple structured radio anthems..but I'd like them to maintain a plain sound. I feel like another album full of weird structures and ideas would be expanding on their 2008-2010 era and we kind of already got that. I also would like them to tone down the electronics. We all call Mike the brain of the band, and back then the band themselves called him The Glue. We don't need gorilla glue in Linkin Park anymore. To my knowledge they all can play various instruments so I would like to same them be played. No more loops, no more distorted synths run through a never-ending connection of cords, no more bullshit.

I think they're best sound sonically was Reanimation. It was less nu-metal than the two studio releases, it had more piano, strings, and electronics that didn't swallow the song. I want them to kind of go for that.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, Reanimation is probably one of their most electronic sounding albums. Heh.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Music.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

^ True story.

In my opinion, I kind of agree with your idea that Mike doesn't necessarily have to do 'everything' to write a song. But then again, my favorite albums are Reanimation and A Thousand Suns. I love concept records. I wish A Thousand Suns had more actual songs, instead of 5 interludes, but it's still my favorite one. However, I obviously disagree about Linkin Park not being the band for it. I think they have a unique enough sound to not be ignored in the rising electronic culture. I happen to love that side of them, but I really would love to see an album that's a mix of everything we've seen so far. Personally.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

If it wasn't for Reanimation, youse guys would've never met me. :)

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I think it's time for them to do an acoustic album. Something with more folk inspired songs and even some country influences.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let them choose. I'm fine with whatever.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I lost count on how many times I've posted what I'd like to hear on the next Linkin Park album.

Sigh.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Rob farting on a snare drum.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I want a natural progression from the sound they created for themselves with MTM and ATS. They should just count LT as a one-off type album, and continue progressing after what they created with ATS. That is what I want.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A Thousand Suns-era songwriting/progressiveness with complete disregard to song structure or the "standard album" format, but with more stripped-back, organic, "Minutes to Midnight-ish" instrumentation. ATS is their most well-written album, but MTM is their best-sounding album. I thought after ATS they would figure out a way to re-incorporate some of their more traditional sounds into their newfound experimental style...I just didn't expect the standard verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus 3 and a half-minute song structure to be one of the things they'd break out of the "toolbox" for Living Things.

/my2cents

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I think this could actually work. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace style – a nice balance between full-blown rock and the emotional acoustic stuff.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

The excitement of Papercut, the emotions of In Pieces, the lyrical beauty of Burning In The Skies, the atmosphere of The Requiem, the drums of When They Come For Me, the structure of Robot Boy, the aggressiveness of Victimized... all in one album.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I hope they don't do that trendy EDM stuff

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with everything at this point. As long as it sounds good to my ears, I'll be happy with it.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I have mixed feelings. I want to hear about 20 different sounds but I know that won't happen and that would just be a mess of an album. Just make it good like you always have, Linkin Park.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

How about HT Lyrics and ATS sound, or ATS lyrics and HT sound, i'm sure everyone will be happy Lol

Bobby

Bobby Yo

I think that Linkin Park was on their way to make an 'electronic dupstep' kind of album but decided not no after some testing, ALTNC for instance. They decided to realise this remix album isntead. Right now I think Linkin Park is searching for a new kind of sound (if you remember this contest for LPU members) and a new kind of song structure.
    I want the next album to include some different song structures, not the mainstream one. Linkin Park always tries to have a different sound each album and this time I want them to have some heavy ass guitars with some form of dupstep (but not too much) so you can have some tactical feeling while bouncing when they play live. I hope the next album will revolutionize how the songs will be structured in the future, cause right now most of the songs in the world are built up almost the same way.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

No dubstep. There would be no way to do dubstep without it coming off as a publicity stunt or way to get onto pop radio. Especially after the Aoki collab. Plus for a band always trying to push the envelope creatively dubstep is probably the most uncreative move they could make... oh and I absolutely abhor dubstep lol