What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Now You See Me, C-. What the fuck is with that ending?

2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I thought the same thing. I thought it was cool until that point though.

3. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I usually have this kind of list of movies that I want to watch if I have free time but that doesn't always the case. Haha. I usually end up piling up my list so last week, I went home and yes! was able to watch most of them. :D

THE ART OF GETTING BY: 9/10. Some of you might think this is a boring movie because it is but for some reason it gives me the chills of wanting to move forward in life. Haha. I'm weird. This movie inspires me in a lot of ways.

PSYCHO: 9/10. I mean the classic. What would you expect? Surprised my mom enjoyed it! She usually doesn't like psychological thriller movie but this one made her sit and watched it until the ending.

PEE MAK: 9/10. Guys, if you're too afraid to watch horror movies? Give this one a try. :lol: The guys were from 4BIA.

[youtube]B9xbj_UK1pc[/youtube]

THE BIG NIGHT: 9/10. It's not just all about food, it has a lot insightful things in this movie. Relationships, family, failure and acceptance. Wonderful movie and yes, it makes you hungry at the same time.

THE VOW: 8/10. This sh*t happened in real life. I mean, seriously??? People never fail to surprise me.

SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE: 8/10. I don't think this happens in real life but yeah! :lol: This is probably the top 1 of my list. I've been dying to watch this movie and it never failed me. Some parts were dragging but still I enjoyed it.

THE ENGLISH TEACHER: 7/10. Let's just say I'm a big fan of Julianne Moore so whatever it is if she's in that movie I would give good rating. I'm biased. lol. Seriously, don't let trailer manipulate your opinion. Haha. I would say it was just a so so movie. Few comedy lines but I think it lack of something.

THE ORANGES: 6/10. Dr. House meets Blair Waldorf. lol. They were some good points to share but overall I think it's poorly written. It lacks character development.

THE FIRST TIME: 4/10. =/

---------------

That bad? I am actually looking forward to see this movie. lol

Just earlier today my friend Anne told me the movie was pretty good.

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Idk, I thought it was good but I really didn't find anything special in it. But then again, a lot people felt very meh towards Scott Pilgrim and I adored the ever-loving shit out of it so I can see you're point of view.

5. hawk

travz comment sums it up. It was pretty good up until about the third act, and then it fell to absolute shit.

6. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Which ruins the whole movie when you think about it...

The World's End - typical Edgar :)

7. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Saw the second Sherlock Holmes movie. Love RDJ but man, he makes an ugly woman. Then saw Casnio.....don't know how to spell that.

8. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: 7/10
    Insanely creative in the visual sense. Unfortunately, it gets pretty predictable by the end.

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

World War Z - 4/10

Horrible. The only thing that kept me hanging on was the overall premise. Ridiculousness all over the script. Absurdities everywhere. I can't even properly express how stupid it was.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  10. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Elysium - 7.5/10 - Really good at blending a good story and acting whilst presenting awesome action scenes

11. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The World's End (2013) - 3/5 - I was a bit disappointed with it tbh. I love the first two films in the trilogy but this felt a bit off beat. The comedic moments were few and far between. Just didn't work.

12. Squish Mitten

The World's End: 4/5 I liked it quite a bit actually. And I actually found it more entertaining than Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

13. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

The World's End - 3.5 out of 5
    I don't know what everyone else is on about, but TWE didn't have the same feel as HF or SotD at all, particularly with the Pegg/Frost bromance. Still, it's fun, and I waited forever to see the Cornetto nod.

Now You See Me - 2 out of 5
    It's fun and cool to watch and all, but just like he did with The Incredible Hulk, Louis Letterier lets himself go in the final moments and just lets it fall all over the place. The big reveal everyone is bitching about really comes out of nowhere.

The Bling Ring - 2 out of 5
    It's so slow and annoying to watch literally the same scenes over and over without any focus on characters, which is what makes this kind of film work usually. Also, Emma Watson struggles with getting her accent so perfect for the first 75% of the film and her conviction suffers for it, but fuck does she look good.

Martyrs - 4.5 out of 5
    Gets right down to the gritty action and gore and delivers in every "act" - although the ending leaves questions hanging, it's poetic. Plus, there's an insane makeup/effect in the final minutes of the film that should blow everyone's mind.

14. TheZlajaZlo

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - 8/10

15. Squish Mitten

L.A Confidential: 9/10

16. hawk

The World's End, A-. It was very enjoyable, but as previously mentioned by [someone], it just didn't have the same feel as the previous two.

17. TheZlajaZlo

Star Trek: Into Darkness - meh

18. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES: 6/10

I'm not sure with my scoring because half way through the movie I was sleeping. :lol: This type of genre is never my cup of tea. I rented it for Anne. I guess the movie was somewhat okay but eventually it was so dragging that I got so bored and that's why I dozed off. Hahahaha

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 2: 7/10

I still think part 1 is more enjoyable than this second part. Part 1 was more gruesome though and it's a bit realistic compared to this part 2.

WE'RE THE MILLERS: 8/10

In spite of MKH's opinion, I still find this movie funny and enjoyable. :D

19. TheZlajaZlo

Skyfall - second re-watch. I loved it despite some plot holes and some minor flaws.

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Whores' Glory (Documentary) - 5/5 - Heart wrenching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.