AlternativeNation.net Posts Review of Stone Temple Pilots Rehearsal

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 2, 2013.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Awesome videos. Have seen only one will se the other ones next :D.

Great job Chester, really happy for him right now. Hope they kick the shit out of their next shows.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Was the venue fully packed, or was there a noticeable lack of audience? :/

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I asked this to Derek last night and he said the turnup was really good.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester was actually very awesome to the LPA last night. When I met him and he met my dad, he spent a long time telling my dad how much he appreciates the LPA and what I did for the band. It meant a lot to hear that from him and it was really cool. I've met Chester three times now (this was by far the most personal though) and he is really as nice as he seems on LPTV etc. He's a really stand up guy.

Well if last night was of any indication, fans at future shows are really going to get rewarded for coming to support the new STP. As the videos show...Chester, Dean, Robert and Eric all kicked major ass.

During Filter the floor was empty enough that we could wander to get a drink if we wanted to and get back to the same spot (which was sad because Filter were really good). Once STP came on, it started out a little emptier but by the end of the night it was genuinely packed. Probably could've fit some more, but it was a great showing for a Weiland-less STP. And the good thing was, the fans that were there were very supportive. No boos, no 'FUCK YOU CHESTER's. All support and love for Chester which humbled him to the point of tears at one point. Chester was really awestruck by the support and it was emotional. Powerful night.

Here's Vasoline. Clips of "Piece of Pie", "Silvergun Superman" and the whole performance of "Sex Type Thing" will be up within the hour:
    [video=youtube;Y27TlbMQJ_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y27TlbMQJ_8[/video]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Wow. I can't imagine what it's like to hear that from your idol. Congrats, man!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And here's the promised last video:

"Silvergun Superman", "Piece of Pie" and "Sex Type Thing" (HD)
    [video=youtube;2o_DLxb8vls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o_DLxb8vls[/video]

Review coming shortly. Will be joint posted on AlternativeNation.net as well.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hearing the crowd react like this validates Chesters addition to the band. Really does bring a smile to my face. Hopefully STP will venture out my way sometime soon.