DJ Fresh Working With Linkin Park On New Track

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Aug 18, 2013.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

100% Agreed.

Maybe a mix of Collaborations and demos.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Elaine, your seriousness is harshing our mellow. HARSHING OUR MELLOW

But yeah, I think this could a good indicator that we may see collaboration tracks back in LPU CDs. I still quite enjoy the track "Standing in the Middle of It" they did with Motion Man back in the day.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly I'm hoping it's not LPU.

I'm actually hoping this is the beginning of an EP and the sign of a shift in the band's release schedule. I don't know why, but I have a feeling the band is going to be changing the way they release music in the future instead of keeping us waiting. That while we'll get full length studio albums, we'll be getting a lot more collaborative stuff like this inbetween albums.

Think about it, the band is in the middle of a huge creative surge right now. They've released two albums in as little as three years, they're currently working on a soundtrack to a movie and an album at the same time. Not only that, Chester has just finished recording with STP. Add this to the fact that they're promising to shorten the length between album releases, and that last time it took only about 18 months to get another record and we could be hearing a LOT of music really soon. A month ago I felt it'd be ages before we'd hear anything new, now I'm thinking that within a few months we're going to be swimming in new Linkin Park music. Late 2013-2014 are going to be good times to be a Linkin Park fan.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

hehe for a second I forgot where I am, ofcourse some people got butthurt because someone criticized a simple news.
    First Aoki, now this one, what will we have next? Tiesto? whatever, I'm not an HT-ish fanboy, I love their latest albums as much as the first ones, and I have the right to be pissed for seeing my fav. band going in a direction I don't like.

eleven

eleven Banned

Was about to say something similar, though not as well written.

Derek

There's no proof that just because LP are working with EDM artists that the band is going in an EDM direction or that the songs will sound EDM in nature. The beauty of the band working with artists that are completely on the opposite spectrum from them musically (which DJ Fresh is in many ways) is that there is no way to accurately predict what the finished product will sound like. Yes "A Light That Never Comes" had a bit of a more poppier sound to it, but Steve Aoki also said that he was working on 4-5 songs with the band. Provided that the band is working on an EP (and I hope they are!), if one of those other songs make it out there it could be totally different than ALTNC. You take the six very different musical minds in Linkin Park, and add in a 7th mind that has a completely different approach to music? Yeah we could get some really creative and out there shit.

Do yourself a favor and wait till the final product is out before pissing all over it. You could like it for all you know.

Serenity

One can only hope, Derek. On the pessimistic side, all this creative energy could be spread thin over the large amount of projects they seem to have taken on; however, as it is often with artists, we sometimes work better while under pressure and by keeping busy. So I'm choosing to be optimistic, and I think their music could turn out a lot better because of this. Cheers to 2013-2014!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I have a great idea:

Why don't we wait until we actually hear the music before we pass judgment?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm going to initiate the first :gfresh: into this thread. You're welcome! :awesome:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Woah. It seems the butthurt volcano has erupted. Anyway...

I don't believe that DJ Fresh will produce an LP album (if I'm wrong, it's nice to have fresh minds. No pun intended) but I'm optimistic for the track.

Derek

Butthurt volcano...

Butt volcano...

Tub girl?

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

This is why I love DBS, BOW, Camp Freddy and now STP. I always loved the rock/metal side of Linkin Park, I was never heavily into the DJ and hip-hop side of LP. I guess the DJ and hip-hop side of LP is what the band is ''evolving into'', so I am extremely glad that Chester is now the lead singer of STP. It would be a shame for that awesome voice to go unused. The last real rock songs we got from LP were from the MTM era. ATS and LT were super electronic and I wouldn't call much of those songs rock on those albums. Even Victimized, it has a shit ton of electronic shit going on during it.

eleven

eleven Banned

What shall we do in the mean time?

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Complain on the internet about how a band isn't making the music WE want?

Honestly, it's like you're new to the LP fandom. :kappa:

:rolleyes:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Try going outside...finding a friend....and listen to dubstep :kappa:

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Good for new music.
    Bad for LP suporting unknown people outside US
    I hope all that shit ends up in LPU13 (13 for number of collaborations????? or for bad luck????)
    BTW where´s the fuckin STP collaboration the obvious one isnt that obvious after all
    the lawyers must be very busy right now

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not excited for this. I don't mind EDM but it isn't something I would care to listen to. Hopefully the collaborations turn out good.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The fact that I get this reference... :shudder:

Serenity

I think I may be glad of being blissfully ignorant on this one...

eleven

eleven Banned

You being srs right now?
    [​IMG]