Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jul 15, 2013.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Excellent news. I don't want to have any episode summaries for the final episodes. It was my mistake to even look at that Reddit post. Very exciting...

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Iit's HIGHLY likely that they are fake but if they were real they would NOT admit it. Spoilers for entire episodes of the walking dead leaked and were called fake but were real.

Anyway, we'll see. Speaking of, from the same source that "leaked" these "spoilers"

Episodes 9-14 full episode summaries.

http://imgur.com/a/ivMGz#kJBHbgh

Don't read even if you think they may be fake if you don't want spoilers cause even though not likely real, they're mega huge.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Sounds badass.

ZachLP

Hmm. Some of these spoilers, I could honestly see happening. Other spoilers, not so much. SPOILER ALERT The bit about the nazi's coming to Walt's house and killing Skyler next to baby Holly is incredibly dark and gruesome, I can see this happening, but at the same time, I don't think Breaking Bad would get that dark, but who knows..

Jesse

I'm pretty sure only the first episode spoiler is true... But we'll see.

ZachLP

The guy that wrote these spoilers just confessed online that they were all false, except for some info that people know about ''Blood Money'', like stated above. I honestly think the ending of Breaking Bad will be just insane. I trust Vince Gilligan and his team.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

AMC is marathoning season 4 tonight, and the episode "Hermanos" just played. This is the episode that goes into Gus's backstory.

Someone online had a theory about Gus, and now that I've watched this episode with it in mind, I'd say it's very accurate. I'll make it invisible just in case it turns out to be true and is addressed in the final 8.

Gus served in the corrupt Chilean government of the 70s and 80s before he got to Mexico in 1989. This would mean he was probably involved with some pretty horrendous violence and human rights violations under Pinochet.

When Hank brings in Gus for questioning with the DEA, he mentions that he can find no record of Gus before 1989 when he was in Chile. Gus mentions that this isn't really surprising, because the Chilean government at the time was very corrupt and disjointed. Back record keeping wasn't uncommon.

In the next shot, Gus is in the elevator leaving the DEA. We see a close up of his hand, and his fingers are twitching. This is right after he was a bit blind-sided by questions about Chile. The finger twitching is like he's remembering all the violent stuff he had to do, like a nervous tick/muscle memory of his finger pulling a trigger. Cinematography is incredibly important in Breaking Bad, they don't just show close-up shots of things for no reason.

Later, Gus is talking to Mike about Hank's suspicions. He asks Mike about Chile, to which Mike replies "if I couldn't find any record of you, I doubt Schrader can." This tells us that Gus specifically does not want people finding those records and was making sure it couldn't be done. And we know that Gus's drug involvement didn't really take off until he got to Mexico, so that can't be what he's hiding.

In the flashback to his first meeting with the cartel, his partner is murdered in front of him. Don Eladio then tells Gus that the only reason he didn't kill him is that he "knows who he is," but also warns Gus that he "isn't in Chile anymore." Don Eladio had taken a lot of offense to Gus's actions during the meeting, so the fact that he didn't kill him means he must have had a big reason not to. Maybe someone would come for revenge?

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Awesome theory on Gus. Maybe some previously unknown entity will be going after Walt and getting to him before Hank?

ZachLP

A lot of people always say that about Gus. But honestly, Gus burned the bridge with the cartel and what not in Season 4 when he killed a lot of them, and especially when he killed Don Eladio and all of them in Salud. They all hated Gus by the end of Season 4, and then Walt killed him. In Season 5a, Declan and them didn't seem too mad when Walt told them he killed Gus Fring. I don't think anything related to Gus will come back again in Season 5b, except for maybe flashbacks. Since a lot of reviews with spoilers about Blood Money have came out, I can almost see where the show will be headed, but I won't post the spoilers here since the episode airs tomorrow.

In the meantime, I just watched this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aliOLSP643c I never realized until now, how dark that Walt has become in Season 5a. Seriously. You guys should watch it too. I'm not sure if I even like Walt anymore after my realization.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Gus burned the bridges with the cartel. Nothing has been said on his past in Chile besides him warranting not being killed for who he is, and presumably what he had done. Maybe it can come back to Walt, maybe not.

Either way, in re-watching the series up to this point, going to knock out 5A tonight and tomorrow, I've tried to watch pretty much every scene with Walt, Hank, and Jesse just that much more closely. And, in over-assuming context, those scenes are always very confrontational.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

ZachLP

I'm rocking my Breaking Bad shirt today. I can't wait for tonight. I will probably watch 'Gliding Over All' again today before Season 5B starts.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

"Tread lightly" HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon

Walt (while giving his "I am the danger" speech): Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see?

Hank (confronting Walt): I don't know who you are. I don't even know who I'm talking to.

PARALLELS. Tread lightly Hank.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

WHAAAAAT.

Nice!

Great episode, although slow in parts (see: Badger and Skinny Pete scene). I can't wait to see what happens next!

When Hank pressed the button on that controller, I thought the tracking device was going to start beeping. But when I realized it was for the garage door, and it started going down, I got goosebumps. Such an "OH SHIT!" moment!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Nobody else think the way they went about having Hank piece together all of Walts crimes just kind of fell flat? Even couting last seasons finale, it boils down to he matched handwriting, combed through case files, found that famous "Heisenberg drawing", and then just suddenly knows he blew up the nursing home, etc . Didn't build up to it with maybe seeing security footage of Walt bringing the bomb into the hospital in season 4, being spotted talking to Hector Salamanca hours before he explodes, nothing. Book, handwriting, a failed car bugging and Hank just knows everything. Just like that.

It didn't ruin the episode for me, or even drag it down, but that sure felt off for me.

Brandon

Well he already figured out more or less that the same person, Heisenberg, was behind/orchestrated all of those things. That's why he's been following the same case for so long, chasing this one man. So if he thinks Walt is Heisenberg, then he would have to come to the conclusion that Walt did all those things.

Jesse

I was about 95% sure the pilot spoilers were true. The rest fake.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Precisely. They could have spent all episode having Hank piece together every single puzzle piece, but it's reasonable for Hank to expect Heisenberg to have been behind everything. It's who he's been chasing for years.

20. ZachLP

Wow... simply amazing episode... It turned out that the ''spoilers'' for Blood Money were true as well. Not sure about the other spoilers, but judging my next week's preview, it seems that they could also be true. A lot of the promo pictures have stuff in common with these spoilers as well. Who knows.. Anyways, epic episode. It did feel a bit rushed how Hank pieced everything together, but you have to understand that they only have 8 hours to tell the entire ending, and there is a lot of ground to cover. I think they did the scenes fine, but I can see why some people wouldn't like it. A lot of people didn't like the Skinny Pete and Badger scene, but I thought it was pretty funny, it gave us a second to breathe from taking everything in. I certainly wouldn't want it in every episode, but I thought it was funny. I'd have to say the best part was when Hank closed the garage door, stared at Walt, and then punched him in the face and told him he knows who he is. Another thing I enjoyed is that you can feel the raw emotion from each character, I loved that. One more thing, I don't think I hate Skyler anymore. I thought it was awesome that Skyler stood up to Lydia. I never liked Lydia at all, and I can see her ruining everything. I also have to say, I can't believe Walt lied to Jesse's face about Mike. I know Walt has lied a million times before to Jesse, but this one just seemed overly scumbagish. I somewhat want Walt brought down now for everything, but at the same time, I still love Walt's character. Aghh. Anyways, I can't wait for next week's episode. I have a feeling each episode will have a major cliffhanger like tonight's episode.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013