LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2013: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 8, 2013.

Tags:
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sorry for the delay in choosing winners! It was a very good month and it was tough to truly pick a winner. Here are the results:

WINNER:

Confetti Parade (Pts.of.Athrty Remix)
    Click Here To Listen

RUNNERS UP (alphabetical):

Bane (Pts.of.Athrty Remix)
    Click Here To Listen

Hybrid - Bought In The Echo (LOST IN THE ECHO vs. Buy Myself)
    Click Here To Listen

zwieR.Z (Pts.of.Athrty vs. When They Come For Me)

Click Here To Listen

Congratulations to the finalists, and thanks to all who entered! It was a great month. As mentioned in our LPA Playback post, we are temporarily retiring the MMU contests, but they will return in a few months, to occur alongside LPA Playback.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Congrats guys you all had wonderful remixes. I think Hybrid should've had it..but hey, this was a tough tough month. My remix was so damn random I didn't want it to win, I just wanted to experiment with some new sounds.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you goldenbear. Thank you guys for choosing me as a runner up. Congrats everybody. That remix I entered in was literally the best piece that I made so far and was also my personal favorite. I hope other people get to enjoy it as much as I do. My entry was a mash up of "LOST IN THE ECHO" with the Reanimaton B-Side "Buy Myself."
    For your convienience:

Downloads are also enabled.
    http://soundcloud.com/hybridsoidier/bought-in-the-echo

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Congratulations to minuteforce and Decay(Confetti Parade) for a well deserved win! Also congratulations Hybrid and zweiR.Z, you guys really did well. I'm honored to have been chosen as a runner-up, it means a lot to me. Thanks guys!

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I like the fact that 3 of the 4 remixes contained Points of Authority.

Hybrid

I'm glad to have stood out. :awesome:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks for picking me and Tony as winners of this month, we really appreciate the kind words. We sincerely hope you all look forward to more material from us :)

Also congrats to the runner-ups (all winning entries to me) and everyone else who entered, I heard a lot of great entries. I'm sure it must've been hard to choose winners/runner-ups this month, with all these great entries!

Again, thanks!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

For a while, I thought you guys had altogether forgotten about announcing the winners :lol: but, yes, thank-you!

To the runner-ups: even while this round is over, you're still tough competition. :)

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Really glad I didn't win this, I already felt like I was selling out by entering my mix. Now I can finally fix my entry to be rid of LPA.

Derek

Good for you.

Seriously, posts like this don't bother us anymore. If people can't accept losing gracefully, then we really don't want them to enter in the first place. We want mature entrants. Not people who call entering our contests selling out, removing all mention of LPA "fixing their entry", or (like a few months ago with some other people) writing some epic Facebook diatribe against us.

It doesn't offend or hurt us, and the only thing it manages to do is make us feel sorry for you. Sorry for the fact that nobody taught you how to lose gracefully or not be an attention seeker and instead you're now acting like Kanye West sticking up for Beyoncé. Don't be a Kanye. Don't steal the winners' mics. That's just being a butthole. Don't be a butthole.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

Congratulations to Confetti Parade, the Remix is pretty amazing! And a thumbs up for the runner-up`s, good work guys :) I always enjoy listening to the Remixes brought here by this amazing community.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yours was the best IMO. great job

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners and runners up! Well done, guys! And once again, Bane - very impressive start.

I have one question though. Who the hell is this "zweiR.Z" dude?

Awww... you're so cute when you're jealous.

Hybrid

Spelling. :shinado:

Derek

Fuck. I worried too much about the unique capitalization and ended up fudging the order of the i and the e. Dammit!! I'll fix it later :lol:.

Also I find it funny that people keep accusing us of playing favorites or not running a fair contest. If we played favorites Zweir would've placed in the top a LONG time ago as he's immensely talented. Instead winners are chosen via a very fair and democratic (if not complicated) vote and point system. The winners are not just picked out of a hat and are instead picked in such a way that it represents a democratic consensus instead of pure favoritism. People forget what happens when public voting is enabled. See Indaba. Shitty or badly produced remixes always make their way to the top with public voting because of vote spam.

So people need to just stop being childish, jealous and whiny when they dont win. Instead, try harder. Casper (The2ndHope) kept trying and he not only eventually placed high, he became a fucking badass in the remix community. Glen Orpheus kept getting runner up or not placing, and then one month he took top honors.

Moral of the story? You lose, you dust yourself off and try again. Plain and simple.

Hybrid

Wow... Never thought I would be placed in the same category as Glen... Atleast without the top honors part. :p I'm taking a break from music remixing at the moment though. My PC is having issues and I dont have any free time at home that I can dedicate to remixing. I entered my favorite remix that I made this month, not expecting to win, but rather wanting other people to hear what I created. Thankfully the LPA allowed me to do just that. :)

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Thanks very much! Knowing that you guys enjoyed my remix is what makes me happy.

And zwierR.Z., sorry I got your name wrong, my mistake:p thanks for the encouraging words!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

We put the rule in about needing to have an LPAssociation avatar/picture in your entries because promotion goes both ways. From our standpoint, the more people who know about the MMU, the more people who enter, and the stronger the competition. Plus, if your entry is good enough to be named a winner/runner up you get exposure to (potentially) thousands of people through our front page, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Derek

This man knows what's up.

Quoted for emphasis.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Mark & Derek pretty much nailed it in this thread. Don't enter your remix into a contest and then when you lose the contest, go in this "pfft at least I don't have the LPA logo plastered on it now, considering i'm better than that". Why is everybody obsessed with not being sell outs anyway? To maintain an underground identity? Reflectionist, if Linkin Park wanted to put your remix on their next LPU13 collection, would you deny them simply because you'd become a sell out? What are you selling out anyway? You're not an artist with thousands of fans. People are so ignorant sometimes.

Once again congratulations to Confetti Parade and the runner up entries. I am going to miss this creative concept for a little bit. Hope it returns!