Next album: Political Song(s)?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by VorteXLP, Aug 1, 2013.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Doubt it'd turn out as good as American Idiot.

But LP needs their own Jesus of Suburbia, yes. An epic, 10 minute song.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Exactly what I meant, they should address issues. The recent events are just a good motive.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

The thing that I always appreciated LP for doing is that when it comes to world issues, they'd rather invest the time to help fix the actual problem through MFR rather than just write a song about it like so many other musicians do. I'm not saying I wouldn't dig a political song, I'm just saying that appreciate that they do more than that. Instead of simply addressing issues, they use their success and their platform to get their fanbase to actively effect change and help the world.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Linkin Park better stay away from the Green Day route the farthest they can. Hate those dudes.

Agreed. I'd rather have them keep on working with giving electricity solutions to the africans for example that just writing a song about how they're in the dark. Way more productive.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So. Much. Yes.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

So much no.
    And LP needs a long epic song like Jesus of Surburbia or Homecoming from Green Day. Or Exogenesis from Muse.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

But LP is not Green Day or Muse. Also, The last record that Green Day made that was remotely interesting was Dookie. Having "Grown up" with their releases, they really haven't done anything exciting since. I don't get this misnomer that many 15-20somethings year olds have that think Green Day are an amazing band that no one can touch.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Yeah, they really aren't............................
    Dookie isn't bad, but imo AI and 21stCB are their two best. Dookie was just a regular punk album, but with AI and 21stCB they made something different and exciting.

Bgrant7

Bgrant7 Member

If you enjoy political music, Rise Against has some good songs, I personaly love Drones, Survive, Make it Stop and many more by them. You can also check out the Flobots, Circle in the Square is their newest hit, and I can't get enough of that song. System of a Down has some good stuff, and so does Anti-Flag. I would reccomend any of them to someonewho wants to listen to more politically charged music.

About Linkin Park now, I think they need to write meaningful lyrics again. They don't need to be political, they just need to have a feeling of purpose IMO. I also think they should try to stay consistent with lyrical themes and musical sound, as Castle of Glass and Burning in the Skys are both too upbeat for what the lyrics are talking about IMO.