How different would Linkin Park be without Brad?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AaronJxD, Jul 25, 2013.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

I've often seen LP criticised for Brads basic guitar writing, mainly with Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I'm just curious how people think Linkin Park would be if they had a more complex/better guitarist than Brad? I don't mean from now onwards, from the beginning.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

LP'd be hugely different. With how involved he is in the studio I'd consider him and Mike the two most irreplaceable members.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I feel like they wouldn't be as...pop sensible? Brad seems like he listens to all kinds of music, and he's usually the guy working with the label to determine what works as a single. Maybe some of the band's biggest radio hits don't happen without him.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is only the beginning of "what-if"s - how different would the band be without Phoenix or Hahn?

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*throw cookies shaped like bricks* Don't you dare!!

Kids we have to realized, before Chester was attached to Mike with needle and threads, there was Brad. If there wasn't a Brad, there wouldn't be a band we love and hate.

*jumps off soapbox* Ow, this cat can't land on her feet, lol.

ps-don't even think about this when it comes to Mr Hahn and the Bassman.:p

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

These two. However in a hypothetical case.. If there was another guitarist, I think he would've been more reluctant to give up on his instrument in some songs or reduce its prominence.. Guitars although complimentary and necessary, in Linkin Park they can take a back seat to the point of becoming 'unnoticeable'.

Vdalem

*still throwing brick-shaped cookies* Eh! Play nice!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Why? I'm just saying that in LP guitars aren't the central element anymore, they can make great music with or without them and Brad is happy with the role.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

if there was another guitarist you would here ripping solo's in every single LP song and i think this guitarist would be full up himself and would hate ATS cause the lack of guitar in it. Brad shows balance when he plays and that's what makes him stand out from all the other guitarists.

Vdalem

In that case, they should change their name to the Bennoda's show!

oh my did I say that out loud?.......YEAH!!! :p

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

It's all been said.

sophieLPSoldier

sophieLPSoldier Member

Their albums would definitely have more guitar solos and most people would see that as good but take classic songs like In The End, One Step Closer and Numb, they wouldn't sound the same with really complex guitar parts, think about it. If Brad wasn't there fans would miss out on some really funny moments and his awesome hair lol.

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

Maybe different on some level.

If brad leaves, Im gonna cry *sniff sniff*

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Brad is a Linkin Park icon. Especially growing up with their early stages he was always the guy with the headphones and then eventually the afro. He's the most noticeable guy on the MTM cover and easiest to recognize. He isn't a bad guitar player by any means, nobody knows what he is capable of because Linkin Park doesn't rely on guitars to carry their sounds. As you all know they use for sonic layering. To make the songs have more depth to them. Brad himself says he likes the music to have more of a cinematic sound. That's why songs like KRWLING could've been used for an epic battle in movie. The strings/guitars/vocals were enough to give the song depth.

Brad has done simple guitar solos in Shadow Of The Day, In Pieces, and Burning In The Skies. He had a more melodic one in Little Things. You never know if he could rip out a huge guitar solo with complexity and length. Plus, Mike does a lot of guitar work too.

I'd say Brad is more involved with the decisions of the band now, but before that he was almost a visual icon for the band with his appearance.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Everything I was going to contribute to this thread is summed up perfectly here. Well done.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Can you imagine GNResque solo in the middle of In The End or Numb? :D :D :D :D

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Haha! In my opinion, one of the bast parts about Hybrid Theory is the abscence of guitar solos.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

LinkinPark.jpg

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I don't understand why people make these kinds of threads, but anyways, I'd imagine that the writing process would definitely be different, seeing as how Mike and Brad do a lot of the work concerning LP's songs. A lot of people do criticize his guitar playing, but LP have never been that kind of band that has huge flashy, shredding guitar solo's and shit like that. It wouldn't fit with LP's style, I think the solo's on MTM and ATS were nice and they weren't really flashy like I stated above. A friend of mine in high school, who was in a band and still is, once told me that his guitar playing isn't amazing, but it's unique and fits LP's style well, he makes it sound cool. I agree fully. It may not seem like Brad is a crucial part, but he definitely plays a huge role in LP's sound.

Vdalem

Remember if it wasn't for Brad, we wouldn't have Rob or Phi. *tilts head* Am I right?