Linkin Park doing future collaboration? Who?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MtzLuis, Jun 28, 2013.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And even on other people's albums; "featuring Linkin Park" would be the same.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

redarrow.jpg That guy over there

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

ANTHONY KIEDIS

Tomp-O

Tomp-O Well-Known Member

Linkin Park feat. Imagine Dragons :adam:

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't think the band really needs other artists to colaberate with. There's already enough musical and vocal talent to cover many musical styles. The small colaberation with Owen Pallet was somewhat necessary, but otherwise something the band couldn't have provided.

Why is everyone mentioning Kanye West? Mike can rap better than Kanye and drop beats hotter than anything "Yeezus" could ever produce.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Look at this opinion and how wrong it is.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

How wrong an opinion is? That's very intelligent.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Saying Mike is a better rapper/producer than Kanye West is like saying Brad's a better guitarist than Slash. I'm not trapped in the mindset that just because I like one artist more than another, that means they're better. I'd rather listen to Smash Mouth than Queen. That doesn't make the guys who wrote "All Star" the greatest rock band ever. Go on any other music-orientated message board and say that the rapper from Linkin Park is better than the guy who revitalized the careers of Jay-Z and Common and made some of the most critically lauded hip-hop albums ever which continually spawn legions of imitators. FFS, people on here, including me, were giving Mike props for using polysyllabic rhyme schemes and similies on "Until it Breaks", which are basic hip-hop tropes.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm not biased just because I like Linkin Park. Kanye is a good rapper, but Mike's better in my opinion. It's not "wrong" either to say that Kanye's music isn't as good as what Mike has done. There also wasn't a need to be clever to voice your disagreement with the post I made.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The thing they did with Owen Pallet was cool (well minus the fact that there is audible evidence that it even occurred). No guest vocals. There is no way to bring on a guest vocalist and not piss off some group of fans.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm not sure that an opinion can ever be right or wrong. It wouldn't make it an opinion if that was the case. LOL FAIL. Anyways, I don't like Kanye and I don't like Yeezus, and I do not like any rap at all. I'm not even too fond of Mike's raps that much, but I do love Mike. Does this make me wrong?

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You may wanna check the definition of an opinion, because it's not as black-and-white as you think it is. From Wikipedia:

I can think of many opinions that people actually hold that are wrong. Bush was a good president, racial profiling works for deterring crime, and apparently, Kanye is a worse rapper/producer than Mike. If you wanna say that you just like Mike better than Kanye, fine. Nothing I can say will change your mind as that is completely subjective. But if you wanna say Kanye's worse at what he does than Mike, that's an argument that has a mountain of evidence to the contrary, namely the amount of critical acclaim for his entire catalog and the impact he has had on the industry and you cannot prove to me that anything Mike's done comes close to that.

Geki

Geki >.

I can somewhat see where you are coming from. You are saying someone would be wrong if they were to say Mike is better than Kanye. I said I didn't like hip-hop/rap as a whole, so it's different. I have never been a hip-hop/rap fan for most of my life, I just never got into it. I guess so. Kanye definitely has a bigger respect value in rap than Mike ever will, but Mike is also very talented at everything he does. I don't want to debate it too much.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Mainstream success doesn't always mean one artist is better than the other.

There's no real way to determine as a matter of fact if an artist is better than another. I say Mike is better because I prefer his music. My opinion is that he can produce better music. Now, saying something is better than another thing (in terms of music especially) is completely a matter of opinion.

We're getting off topic now, this isn't the point of the thread.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Thank you for confirming that you think Mike's better because you like him more.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Whatever dude. You're right, my opinion was totally stupid. Thanks for pointing it out because you're absolutely correct.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

To bring the thread back on topic, if I want Linkin Park to collaborate with anyone, I don't really want them to collab with a non-independent artist (i.e. Jay-Z & Busta Rhymes). If I were to pick anyone specific, it would probably be someone like k.flay, Onry Ozzborn (Dark Time Sunshine, Greyskul), Macklemore, Geologic (Blue Scholars), etc. It would be nice to see independent musicians get more media coverage than what they do, provided Macklemore gets quite a lot as it is, and help people discover new artists.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Nuff said.
    [video=youtube;KhZrxvNPqyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhZrxvNPqyA[/video]

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Oi, drop it.

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I have no problem with LP doing a collaboration with another artist. I already love Linkin Park and I've got 5 albums of solely their material, so what's the problem with trying something new once in a while? I say they should do it. Preferably with an artist I already know and like. ;)