Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I want the band to end the contract with Warner as soon as possible so we can stop talking about Warner.

But, knowing LP's fanbase, it'll later be "When LP was with WB....."

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Sweet video interview. Totally unexpected. I hope the new album does appear early next year.

LP really need to prove to the world once again that their a band worth staying around.
    There's been too much hate on them recently. I'd hate to think their turning into the new Nickelback. :ohno:

Andreina

I dont' think they'll reach to that point, tbf. But yeah I'd like them to release some epic shit, they gotta make a statement.

ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

This is their last album on their contract with Warner, isn't it?
    Maybe they're hurrying to go the independent route after this.
    Also, do you guys think they're working with Rick Rubin again?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hammer, meet the nail's head. :chuck:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

All aboard the hype train!!

I don't understand this concept everyone has in their heads where "Linkin Park needs 2 years to make good music" and then points to A Thousand Suns. Hadn't the band stated time and time again before the album's release that they had a general idea for their 4th record in 2008-2009 (when tracks like Pretend To Be were made) and then scrapped those songs all together to work on what we now recognize as the "experimental, structure defying" A Thousand Suns?

If that's correct then at the most the band worked on A Thousand Suns material for 1.5 years. The exact same amount of time as Living Things.

Sempiternal

Sempiternal Keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

I'm really hyped for this, a sixth studio album and The Mall OST...If The Mall OST will be released by summer this gon' do the rest of it for me tbh.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

You have learned much, padawan. :lol:

No, because you can't arbitrarily cut a continuous process like that in half, and then not do it for LT cycle. There wasn't anything to suggest that LP restarted from absolute zero. Likely, the band needed to write stuff like Pretend to Be to come to their conclusion that they want to do something different, thus making those songs a necessary part of the process. Their thoughts don't exist in a vacuum.

And then for the LT cycle you went and included the whole tour phase and seed generation, which you didn't do for ATS. If you're gonna apply a rule, you have to apply it evenly.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Andreina

I think some people are a bit overhyped about The Mall soundtrack/score, come on we don't even know what's it all about, are there going to be full songs, instrumentals...?

We're almost halfway on the year, so before we notice, LP6 teasing and small interviews like these will start popping out. Now THAT excites me.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

It still means they spent a large amount of time on cookie-cutter material like we were used to until they decided to go deeper halfway through in 2009 or whatever. In the case of their 6th album it means they already know what it takes to make experimental music as they showed us in Roads Untraveled or Victimized from Living Things for example. They don't need this absurd amount of time to write stuff like Pretend to Be and then cut it if they wish to go in a more advanced direction. Therefore music just as good as Waiting for the End or The Catalyst can easily come from 18 months of writing.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

It's actually interesting to see how some people want ATS back. They sound so similar to the ones who want HT back.

Geki

Geki >.

Great news! I hope the next album is awesome, they always are anyways. A lot of people hate LIVING THINGS, but I personally happen to like it a lot. Minutes To Midnight is definitely my favorite LP album, but out of the other 4, they're all tied.

laura

laura Well-Known Member

i like ats but ats 2 ? i don't know i love so much living things

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So the outcome of this theory would be that LIVING THINGS would be the B-sides of Album#6!? :awesome:

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It still shows that the band can write in a direction they don't like, and then change their minds and go somewhere else entirely. It's still spent time on the failed directions. This is more likely to happen again the more they wish to experiment.

Living Things didn't experiment, that's how they did it in ~18 months. All that album is, is :toolbox: There are no experimental tracks on there. They're mixing and matching their old tricks. It's weird you even use Victimized as an example because that is the definition of their old sound, except pitifully short.

Lol. Maybe the band has some tricks up their sleeve they didn't get to try when writing LT because they were too much in a hurry.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

That's not a recent issue, but yeah...
    I disagree with this, a lot :) One of the essential features of their old sound are those catchy melodic chorus. I mean, ITE, Faint,SIB, BTH, WID,Numb....One of the biggest similarities between those are the big anthemnic chorus.

Victimized has none of that. You can't really get radio airplay with Victimized chorus. Not to count the fact that the 2 verses are totally different, that the song doesn't really have a bridge neither a final chorus neither a pop structure, and that the instrumental, while agressive, doesn't sound at all like old LP instrumentals. The agressivity here is coming from the drums, mainly, while old LP instrumentals were powerfull because of the guitars. Once again, having screaming and raping in a song doesn't necessarily means "Old LP!". LP never did such a short in-your-face track like Victimized is. If they never did it, then it is experimentation, isn't it?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Andreina

:antoine:

Sorry, had to do it :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah. :/ Personally, I feel we got more than enough "A Thousand Suns" on "A Thousand Suns". I want the band to experiment and do some wildly different things but I don't want them bringing out an "A Thousand Suns II" or whatever.

That's the main reason why I think that "Living Things" is great. Some of the songs explore new directions without necessarily referencing the band's earlier material.

Anyway, at this point, I'm excited for the film soundtrack. Even if it's full of minimalistic one-minute cues.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I think people are misjudging the term "like A Thousand Suns." I don't think anyone is looking for another apocalyptic/concept album/ATS-electroesque album. It's just that the shock that people received after listening to A Thousand Suns is what they mean by another album like A Thousand Suns. Linkin Park did some really out of norm stuff on that album and it's that for which people are asking for.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Agreed. Though, another concept album would be pretty sweet.