What do YOU want on the next LP album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Luke, Apr 19, 2013.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

more electronic, happier, lighter, soft singing, less scratching

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I want both. In the same song . :shinado:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Havent they been making lighter, soft singing, and more electronic songs yahhhh no thanks thats played out know and less scratching?
    I havent heard hahn scratch in a song in mad long and in my remains doesnt count

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

full energy, linkin parks old sound, epic lyrics.... just linkin park :D

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Linkin Park needs to bring the darkness. Honestly. I feel like it's the only territory they haven't explored. For me, the only heavy track that could stand up against some superior artists in metal is W&K. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think if LP made a darker, heavier album with the scale and innovative-ness of ATS, I would probably die from the dopeness.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Jamming. Instrumentals. Show off.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Didn't the band switch from heavy rap metal because that sound was played the fuck out? Also, What I've Done, In Pieces, When They Come for Me, Waiting for the End, Wretches and Kings, The Catalyst, Lost in the Echo and In My Remains all have scratching. Joe's scratching has been a token element in most of their songs since day one; it's not like he's Kid Koala here. Paraphrasing him from the old days, his contribution to the live show's thirty percent scratching and seventy percent headbanging. It's like people who want more solos despite knowing Brad's a mediocre guitarist. It only highlights some of the band's deficiencies. Like, anyone who grew up on Jane's Addiction is not gonna be impressed by Burning in the Skies. I'd rather they make interesting music with their own skillset than trying to pander to hard rock crowds with well-worn cliches and yes, having a token DJ is a hard rock cliche. Has been since the late nineties.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This. Linkin Park aren't stuck in 2003, thank God.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I wish other people weren't either.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*plays violin* More singing, more guitar (Brad's guitar), more bass, and less dissing on Mr Hahn!! *smashing violin*

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I want them to make a song about how to make a cake. Like raping the recipe. That would be awesome and no one would expect that.

MattLP

Jesus Christ The min someone mentions they should make a dark, heavy album everyone talks about another HT, NO NO NO LP can make a dark, heavy, intense album without having that nu metal sound, what if they tried doing a full metal album? or a full hip hop album, im sure everyone would love it just as long as its not nu metal (which they never were) am i right?

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Exactly. You can be dark without the slightest hint of nu-metal or even metal in general. I would argue that the first half of Blackout was pretty damn dark. I agree that they should go darker but without all the cliche silly angst that comes with the notion.

MattLP

Thank you, i mean they dont have to have the silly angst, but chester can still scream/sing, and mike can still rap, and have heavy, dark beats that isnt the nu metal sound.
    Ht isnt really dark neither is Meteora, i want them to make a very dark album, we should see the dark side of LP. Like a perfect example would be that song Chester did called System
    that was dark.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

Piano.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yes, I remember telling my friends while showing them Blackout "this is how you make heavy music without guitars". I'm not saying they should give up on guitars, but to reafirm the point that there are different ways to achieve a darker or heavier sound. Heck, you can make some dark, heavy shit with a good string ensemble.

Or you could do something like this.

[video=youtube;gFIffgrfw08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIffgrfw08[/video]

Man I love that singer /fangirl.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I would NEVER want Linkin Park to drop the guitars completely, in fact quite the opposite - they need to bring the guitars back more than anything. But yeah a dark orchestral album featuring a Minutes to Midnight level of shredding? THAT along with the experimental structures of A Thousand Suns would make a brilliant album.

That and the band just really needs to make an epic song. They've had bits and pieces here and there but never a full song that can simply be defined as "epic".

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Of course, me neither, but in this -utopic- scenario there would have to be more than just guitars, in order to add some variety and richness to the album, and the point I made was that there are different ways to get to "heavy". It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, as it's well acknowledged by fellow fans around here that LP does a pretty good job with layering. I keep insisting everytime the subject comes up that LP should add some badass string ensemble to a powerful track, now THAT would be epic (IMO).

I get all excited talking about this, but I don't see LP going any heavier in the near future, it pains me to say.

MattLP

You dont know that, they just might go heavier, who knows, but they need to make some more songs with mike and chester going at each other kinda like forgotten.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Layering like that would be awesome. Another thing that's awesome is if the layers aren't buried in the mix next time around.

Very often, I wonder how much my opinion of LT could change if I heard a different mix of it.

:antoine: I may be a perverted fangirl, but I don't think I want to see that.

Yes.

Also yes.

To make epic, you need like +10 minutes. I would kill for a 10 minute LP song.

This is assuming you're not counting ATS, because that is all continuous and epic.