Reanimation Demos

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 23, 2013.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Fansite, LPLive have released an exclusive set of demos. Check it out - http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9688&st=0

On June 20, 2012 (the ten year anniversary of Reanimation), LPLive released a demo of 'Frgt/10' off of the album.

March 20, 2013 is the eleventh anniversary of the first single off of Reanimation - 'Pts.Of.Athrty'. Since Linkin Park is taking a break from touring until August, we thought this would be a good time to release the rest of the Reanimation demos we have. This release includes four more additional demos from the eight track Reanimation Internal Demo CD. While we are unsure of the exact date of this CD, we do know that it is from around the time of Projekt Revolution 2002 so sometime between late January and February 2002 is a safe estimate.

Reanimation 8 Track Internal Demo CD Tracklisting:
    01. Krwlng (Unreleased Demo) 5:49
    02. Frgt/10 (Released previously on LPLive) 3:45
    03. Enth E Nd (Unreleased Demo) 4:03
    04. Pts.Of.Athrty (Released previously by Jay Gordon in 2008) 3:42
    05. H! Vltg3 (Unreleased Demo) 3:14
    06. 1stp Klosr (Humble Brothers Remix) (Found on Frat Party at the Pancake Festival DVD) 6:18 *Excluded due to an official release*
    07. Ppr:Kut (Unreleased Demo) 2:56
    08. One Step Closer (Humble Brothers Remix) (Known as the Humble Bros. Remix FM Edit) 3:12

As you can see above, one track is excluded due to it being released officially - the version of '1stp Klosr' is on the Frat Party DVD. Additionally, 'Frgt/10' was released by LPLive in 2012, 'Pts.Of.Athrty' was released by Jay Gordon in 2008, and the 'One Step Closer (Humble Bros. Remix) is the version found as track 2 on the 'One Step Closer' (Humble Bros. Remixes) promo CD from February 2002. Combined with the 'Plc.4 Mie Hæd' demo released by Amp Live in 2010, this brings the total number of demos from Reanimation to eight. Seven are found on this release (excluding track 8 since it is an FM edit of track 6) with the eighth being the Amp Live remix.

Astat was kind enough to provide us with a rundown of the differences found in the four new demos:

01. Krwlng - The main difference with this one is that it's missing the live string parts that Phoenix added over the top of the programmed strings Mike did (hence the intro/outro violin being absent, along with the strings not sounding as thick throughout the song). The transition where the album version synth hook comes in sounds a little rougher, although that might just be because of the lack of some of the string parts. The bass beats in the second verse sound louder to me, and I think some of the effects on Chester's vocals are a little different too.

03. Enth E Nd - Check out the beginning of Mike's first verse - music stops on this version, doesn't happen on the album version. This version also has a less distorted sound to it as a whole (I think they were going for the "vinyl-like" sound on the album version). A lot of the echoes on Mike's vocals are a lot less prominent as well, and I think they used an alternate take for the doubled vocal at the end of each of his verses ("what it meant to me..." etc.).

05. H! Vltg3 - The intro includes the talking from the original version, and the bridge from the original version is used in place of Pharaohe Monch's verse (they basically put the original acapella over the new instrumental). The outro on this version is completely different, lacking the scratching that DJ Babu added to the final version, and it sounds like some of the misc. sound effects throughout the song are missing too.

07. Ppr:Kut - This is basically an entirely different remix...it has a few things in common with the final Cheapshot/Jubacca remix (mainly the arrangement of the guitar parts in certain spots and the bass part that comes in during the bridge), but this must have been a VERY early draft of this remix.

DOWNLOAD
    FLAC
    .mp3 (320 kb/s) <http://lplive.net/cache/Linkin_Park-Reanimation_(Internal_Demo)-2002-LPL.zip>

This is the first in a series of exclusives that we have coming over the next few months between now and Linkin Park's return to the live stage in August. Enjoy!

-Hahninator

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, this was two days ago. :) I'm surprised that the unfinished version of the "A Place For My Head" remix isn't part of that release

CaptainObvious

Actually its included in the zip download. Don't know why OP hasn't mentioned about it.

minuteforce

Well, I downloaded the MP3 archive the other day and I certainly didn't find a copy of that track in it

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm not sure if this is allowed in LPA rules. :/

If so, I'll download it.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I don't see why the rules of the Linkin Park Association should affect anything to do with Linkin Park Live. They have no reason to be bitter with each other.

Download away.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

He doesn't mean that LPL needs to abide by LPA rules, he means he doesn't know if we allow download links on the forums.

Anyways, this is fine.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Ppr:Kut demo is so fucking kick-ass.

CaptainObvious

I did PM Hahninator, whether I had his permission to repost over here. That's why it took 2 days.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

This is why I love this forum so much! Posting awesome stuff like this just makes my night. That Ppr:kut demo is pretty sweet.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

:leak:

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Reanimation was the one that made me become a big ol fan! :p

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Words can't describe how awesome Reanimation and these demos are!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'm not even slightly interested in this. :lol:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I did see LPL had published this through a retweet into my timeline but I wasn't sure if I wanted to download.

Heck, why not. I'll be checking it out.

minuteforce

Well, it just depends on whether or not you're a fan of "Reanimation". :)

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I am a fan of Reanimation \o/

Well I just downloaded it and the only demo that's noticeably different from the final version is the Ppr:Kut one, not bad at all! The other songs I just skipped parts to see if anything sounded too different, and here and there you see some differences but the tracks are still fairly similar to the final ones.

minuteforce

Probably should have read Astat's write-up on these remixes beforehand. ;)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*stuffs face with cookies* Hush you! :lol:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

These are pretty awesome! Big ups to the guys over at LPL for this!