Pictureboard

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Hybrid, Mar 16, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you very much Cam! :) Empty Spaces is one of those shots I could most likely never capture again if I wanted to. The shutter closed right as a firework was going off. The camera only captured half of the image, but the outcome was anything but half satisfying.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I'm a bit late to the party!
    Damn, Joe. The amount of work you put into this project makes it quite clear that this was a labor of love. :thumbsup: Really nice job on these photos overall. There are quite a few that speak out to me in particular.
    It was fun looking at some of the photos and then reading the title, to see if I came up with the same interpretations that you did (I totally got In the End!). I really appreciated the artsy takes as well. I don't know if you've put up any photography on LPA before, I'd definitely like to see more of your work, perhaps in a non-LP related manner as well.
    Also, I'd like to point out that I appreciate that you didn't use any kind of Photoshop effects on these. It makes the art that much purer, and gives the photos character, if that makes sense.

To comment on a few specific photos:
    Burning in the Skies seems like one of those once-in-a-lifetime photographs. It's absolutely stunning how it both encapsulates "burning in the skies" and "swimming through the smoke," at least it seems that way to me.
    I'LL BE GONE is another favorite. Though I can't say the song itself is one of my absolute favorites, it is a great song in its evocative use of imagery in its lyrics. Your photograph is a great representation of those lyrics.
    I would have never guessed how you accomplished the New Divide photo, all I can say is that the end result is amazing and definitely reminiscent of the Decepticons, without actually featuring any Transformers in the photo itself.
    The jellyfish in Waiting for the End is oddly peaceful looking, the way I feel after Mike's first verse ends and Chester's verse begins.
    A Place for My Head seemed very clever. This was easily one of the most memorable for me.

Personally I found Numb's photo to be appropriate for My December as well, it just seems so desolate and quiet. Even lonely.
    Also, there's a couple of photos I'm curious about. Namely In Between and No More Sorrow. :lol:
    Again, great job! Hope you continue posting photography for us here at LPA. :)

Hybrid

Thank you, Serenity! I don't really like photoshopped or HDR photos. Yes, they may be striking, but they also lose realism in my opinion. When I take photos, I want them to bring realism because that is important to me. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my photos. This project was a long time coming. I actually told Derek about this crazy idea a year or so ago.

January 6th, 2012 will stick out in my mind as one of the greatest sunsets that I ever experienced. The colors were stunning and it seemed like the whole sky was on display that evening. I felt, as you did, that this moment captured the essence of Burning In The Skies.

I'll Be Gone's photo was from a sunrise and I was lucky enough to witness the sun column that day. Sun columns are made from ice crystals in the upper atmospere diffracting light into the form of a column. They aren't super rare, but they are beautiful to witness. Using that as a backdrop, I pulled in to an old run down farm one morning and took this shot. I am pleased with how that sunrise was framed.

I was toying with the idea of naming the photo for Numb as My December, but there just wasn't enough snow for me to go with that. The picture does represent cold quite well though. It's kind of ironic how lonely the photo feels because there were many cars speeding behind me as I stood on the bridge to take that photo. :lol:

In Between, I really can't talk about openly about what it is. All I can say is that the photo was taken looking in between a long line of parts.

With No More Sorrow, I went to an airshow and they had pieces of an old, broken down aircraft. The photo I snapped, cried out "Your time has come to be replaced!" Robot Boy's photo was shot at the same event. ;)

I will post more photos as I compile them. I'm humbled with how well this project has been recieved by you guys.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

After so much thought, I've come to like the way you've ordered the images randomly in the original post, even though it can sometimes be hard to find the one I'm looking for without CTRL+F

Hybrid

Thank you! I thought about ordering them by album, but then I thought about how I don't have a picture for every single song. I thought the random order induced spontaneity and I liked that better.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

All the ATS ones seem to be the most interesting. My favourite out of all the photos are The Catalyst and Blackout :).

Hybrid

ATS was a very inspirational album. ;) The two that you mentioned, taken out of context of a photo, no one would consider it art with what was actually happening. :lol:

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

gorgeous.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I did, haha. I really like them, maybe I just have weird tastes. :lol:

Hybrid

Thank you! :) Do you have any favorites?

No. Here's the thing. An awesome and challenging thing about art in photography is finding beauty where you'd least expect it. The two that you mentioned, I guess I've succeeded in doing just that. :)

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Congrats.

Hybrid

Thank you! :)

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Every time I see the title of this thread, I always, just for one second, think the song has been uncovered.

:timothy:

Hybrid

I thought the title fit the project well. what did you think of my project?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Exactly as Joe intended. :shifty:

Sempiternal

Sempiternal Keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

Amazing pictures dude.

Hybrid

Indeed. :shifty:
    Thank you very much! Do you have any favorites or least favorites?

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

This shit is EPIC AS FUCK. Holy shit!! They're all awesome.

Hybrid

:lol: Thank you, Jack! :D

Sempiternal

Sempiternal Keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

Favorites: In The End & WFTE
    Least: By Myself (didn't get it)