Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Maybe, I don't know why they changed those stuff. Those extended intros are amazing especially in Across The Line.

2. (BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns are now available Mastered for iTunes. Deluxe versions of each album feature bonus tracks, some of which have never been released digitally. The LINKIN PARK Studio Collection is also available now containing Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS.

What means this "mastered for iTunes" ?
    I mean they master every track once, or exist an other master for iTunes?

3. Suffered

As m_macdonald said two comments before it means that they are mastered from the original master tracks, and encoded in higher quality then the CD version. That means maybe some "unhearable" stuff will be much more recognizeable like the high pitched synth in In My Remains.

4. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I'd rather listen to the old sound over and over again than listen to the shit music of today it's complete garbage and it's better than
    most of this generation's music. And that's what i am saying about the band doing heavy stuff without going back to their "nu-metal" roots.
    It can be done, but ppl are just brain washed and obsessed with the soft stuff LP does, i mean its good but it gets dull and has no energy in it
    you cant bump to it.

5. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Muse did this a few years ago, right before Bellamy resigned with WB before The Resistance with their "Studio Album Collection" except theirs was pretty nasty. All studio albums, all single b-sides and remixes. Basically their whole catalog! Applying that WB move while in negotiations with Muse bodes well for this counting as WB/ LP final album on the contract...

6. Suffered

:dafuq:
    Sorry but most of LP's soft stuff sounds better LP's heavy stuff like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Oh yeah, and Energy =/= Better songs. Especially in LP's case. They won't do heavy stuff mostly because they want to get out from it. And Chester voice is unfortunatly gets worse and worse.

7. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

relax people, its just a box set, like Disturbed's collection which includes all the albums in full at a low price, a lotta bands are doing this these days...they cant sell anymore.

8. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

"most of LP's soft stuff sounds better LP's heavy stuff like Hybrid Theory or Meteora" Opinion not fact

9. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Oh the irony.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

Has any body previewed the songs on itunes? Maybe it's just me but the sound of the songs don't seem to be that great....but so far all I've checked out is Hybrid Theory.

11. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Ditto.

If anything, people who are still clamoring for LP's "old sound" or wanting them to go full-on rock seem much more "brainwashed" to me than the people who are just fine with letting LP experiment and progress with their music.

12. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hey cool your jets you two. And LPGangster, your statement was an opinion as well. When it comes down to it, everyone likes different things and that goes for the band as well. Whether you like the more hard rock or the soft Linkin Park doesn't matter because it really isn't your decision to make in the case of future albums. You're going to have to understand that not everyone is going to agree with you. That's just how it's always going to go with Linkin Park.

13. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL CHESTER USES HIS ANGELIC VOICE TO DO A COVER OF CARLY RAE JEPSON'S CALL ME MAYBE.

THE MUSIC VIDEO WILL CONSIST OF CHESTER STANDING IN A GARAGE AND ETCETERA, ECETERA.

FALSETTOS ARE ALL THE RAGE AND I EXPECT NOTHING MORE. DANCING WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRULY SATISFY.

14. Zane

At the end of the video Chester will give him phone number to his neighbor and :trollface:

15. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really would like Chester to do a cover of Call Me Maybe. :lol:

Great song.

16. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

For the life of me I'll never understand the "Old LP = HEAVY RAWK New LP = *removed*! >:c" shit considering most of those same people found Linkin Park either through In The End, a song that sounds almost exactly like a Backstreet Boys song with a particularly moody fella taking leads vocals, or Numb, which is almost Papa Roach levels of "MAH FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS ; ___ ;.

Real fucking metal, those songs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  17. Zane

Blackee Dammet, stop using homophobic slurs in your posts. This isn't your first time and you know the rules of this site.

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well....I guess my post had at least its own humorous merit :lol:

And Derek, heavy electronic wouldn't bother me. At all.

It's more...you wish they would get out of it. Chester said on one accasion LGM and COG were his favorite LT song. Yeah, LGM too. Which is one of the heaviest on the record. It doesn't look like they're done with heavy stuff

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wait...what the hell? Where did this idea come from? Across the Line is a Minutes to Midnight b-side, it was fully finished in 2007, Mike's even gone on record as saying it was the last track cut from the album.

What is it lately with people coming up with random and completely incorrect "facts" about things that have been common knowledge for years?

20. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Really? Thank God, then. That song is awful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.