Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I really don't get why people are calling the band "sellouts". You're basically insulting the band that intentionally threw away the nu metal sound they were so popular for and experimented with new genres in the next 3 albums. I don't see the big deal in a compilation album when it wasn't even promoted. It's just a day away. If they promoted it even a LITTLE bit, then you could say that to a certain extent. Mike hasn't even put anything on his blog and nothing has been put up on the Linkin Park website. If they really wanted to promote it, it would be up on the website. It's common sense. Seriously. Before you go on to insult a band that has more balls than most other bands in this age of music combined, do some research first.

Living things was not a sell out album. Just cause they didn't make ANOTHER ATS, they become sell outs? Jeez. :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Most if not all of the "SELLOUTS" posts in this thread were all done in a joking matter.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

LT was a savior, thank GOD they did not make another ATS album, if they made another ATS that would end my LONG tenure as a
    very old LP fan. But i will say that LT was very hyped up, prob the most hyped LP album more hype than Meteora. Did it live up to the hype?
    Yes and No. But LT is not a sell out album.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think if they tried to make another ATS, it would have left the band in shambles. They went back to having fun. Nothing wrong with that. I think it re-focused the band more than anything.

LohithMohan

I personally would love another ATS. It's by far the best music they have created. I want some more guitars on their new albums though. I want to see Brad play some good solos. Tired of seeing people say that he is a crappy guitarist.
    And the thing about LT was that the band never created any hype. It's just because they told the album will be more "familiar" than ATS, people started thinking that they might go back to nu metal a bit.

MattLP

Yeah i agree ppl need to stfu about how brad is a bad guitarist, i do miss his guitar riff's. But LT got alot of advertisement, with BID and last year's nba playoffs, and LITE playing durning the MLB season in the summer.

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

I had one and only feeling when I watched all the albums put together like that: the end of a cycle.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I think too much people here are fantasizing about LP leaving warner :lol:

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Those were always my thoughts about it. ATS was a really great album, but it also really strained the band to get them to that point artistically. To me, LIVING THINGS was not as great a venture as ATS, but I did love seeing the band let loose and look like they were having fun making music again. So I'm a little torn. :lol:

Damn right we are! I do think people are reading into this a bit too much but it's fun as hell to fantasize. :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think that ATS is amazing and their best album but to say LP shouldn't make another similiar better album than ATS is to say ATS is the extent of their abilities and I think that that is quite the insult.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    LohithMohan

I agree with this. Even in the making of ATS which they released. You could see how stressed they were in trying so hard to create something new. Brad even told the camera guy to switch off the camera. It would have been really hard for them to make that album. I'm so glad they did though. Hope they keep making such albums. I think its solely cause of that album that Mike got the chance to do the score for The Raid.

MattLP

I think LP needs to drift away from the electronic sound and try something cause its really played out know and getting boring,
    maybe try some gothic rock or hard industrial rock.

Serenity

Yeah, because those sounds are not played out or boring at all. /sarcasm
    Also, how do you go about making industrial music without using electronics?

MattLP

It doesnt even have to be gothic rock or industrial, just anything else besides more electronic idc
    what it is, i dont know y ppl are freaking obsessed with these robotic sounds techo/dubstep/electronic rock
    Jesus Christ. I got into rock because of LP, i use to listen to heavy rap and hip hop. I feel like i'm the only black guy
    to like heavy rock stuff.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

That's obviously a matter of opinion. I have only ever heard people say that Either Hybrid Theory or A Thousand Suns is their best album to date. Clearly they aren't going back to their Nu-Metal style so I'd say to expect more electronic sounds with a new genre mixed in (which of course is the obvious). Many of their old fans that abandoned them after MTM and ATS came crawling back because of LT. I'm sure it was just a way to show the old fans that LP can still create music in a similar manner like they used to and the second half of the album is a transition into what we can expect in the future. Gothic rock/hard industrial rock are definite no-no's

Serenity

Well, all I can say is that I'm not rooting for a carbon copy of A Thousand Suns anyway. I just want to see them continue to experiment with their music, whether it's more electronic or devoid of it entirely. But synths and sampling have been a part of their "sound" since Hybrid Theory, so I don't find it likely that they'll move away from electronics any time too soon. If they were to make heavier music, though, I'm all for that. As long as they do it their way.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

We're obsessed, yes. Actually, the truth is, we are all robots. And our way of communicating between eachother is Dubstep and other Electronic music (mostly through Dubstep though, all Electronic music is Dubstep anyways derp) sarcasm

On a more serious note, though, just because people got introduced to rock because of LP means that they should stay to their old rock nu-metal (not really) rap-rock herpy derp sound? They're evolving and are trying to make music that not only excites them, but also intrigues the fans instead of copy-pasting their old sound to every album they make. They've been introduced to new kinds of music and therefore are influenced by different things than they were 10 years ago. Result? A more Electronic sound. You don't like it? There's HT, Meteora and MtM to enjoy.

Now, while I do think LT wasn't really the right way to go (I myself would've loved to see them expand on the ideas/style established on ATS) but it was a nice album nonetheless. Not only that but it shows that they're not gonna drop the Electronic vibe real soon. On the contrary.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    MattLP

That's what i mean. What ppl dont understand is that LP can make really heavy music without going back to their roots and they should
    to let every 1 know that we can make a heavy album without going back like you said as long as they do it their way.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Heavy = best.album.ever. amiright?

I love that you think that a band filled with members that have long passed their 30's should still proof themselves to everyone in the world that they can be "heavy" lol

Oh and, not sure if I'm ready to believe the album collection release, it smells funny. But I'll guess we'll see tomorrow :lol:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

BARAKA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.