What genres should LP experiment with next album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Dec 28, 2012.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah, short songs are cool but only when you mix them up with an equal amount of long ones too. It about finding the balance methinks...

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Metal

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

[​IMG]

Maybe 30STM.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Industrial

And Blues

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

No but seriously, if they were in that kind of direction at all -unlikely-, I would like them go and make a nasty-heavy song, not like VICTIMIZED or QWERTY, they even have their "soft spots" in them, kinda balancing the heaviness (i.e Mike's verse on V, and the breakdown on QWERTY). They can synth their way into it, or whatever they like, but it'd be sort of fun that they had a song that's really like hitting your face with a baseball bat.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

In all honesty, I liked the raw, organic rock sound that MTM had.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

A metal twist to their music would be fine. For example, a song could begin with a cool beat and some weird noise, then climax goes darker and darker, and then it all ends with a brutal riff and Chester going crazy.

That would be awesome. Won't happen though.

And also, come on...I'm still waiting for a song with Chester's screaming from begining to end non-stop :lol: The guy has a monster scream, there need to be at least a single song in their discography which trully lets shine this side of his vocals without counterbalance it with soft vocals. Then all the other songs could be without screaming, and I wouldn't mind it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Pop Punk ;). Loljoke, that would be cool but would never work. I'd love it if they put a ATS style twist on something like Imagine Dragons style, that would be awesome.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

No genre experimenting, all the samples from ATS they used in Stagelight could've filled 3 more albums with superb music. Not a single one is alike, fuck.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Lol that's pure ATS admiration, dude. Most of these samples are 2 sec drums noise.

Geki

Geki >.

LP would never go in any of the directions everyone here (including myself) are saying. I think LP are going to continue on with the LT sound to be honest... The really heavily based electronic stuff, like ATS, probably isn't coming back full force, and neither is the organic rock sound of MTM. Neither is nu-metal, either. If you want punk or rock/metal, DBS and BOW were your closest bets, and those both failed to deliver metal/punk. I think LP will just continue making music that fuses all that they do, like with LT...

Andreina

But even so, that would be them repeating themselves, and I don't think they will keep making the same record again if that's what made them step away from the early sound to begin with (being repetitive). They like fusing stuff but I'm not sure if they will apply the same formula as LT.

We can all agree that *the-genre-that-cannot-be-named* :)lol:) won't be back, but I'm not sure they will drop the organic sound of MTM altogether, at some point they will want to do at least one or two straight-forward, organic songs.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's what everyone said about folk music. Don't just blanket statements like that.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To all the people saying "LP should sound more like Muse", please no. While Muse are a fantastic band, attempting to fully emulate their sound would not only come off incredibly inauthentic but very dishonest creatively. I'd rather have the band attempt to do their own thing, even if that "thing" isn't as good as Muse or [insert band here], because at least they're being true to themselves.

Geki

Geki >.

Sorry but Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled and Skin To Bone HARDLY sound like folk to me. Maybe they started off as folk type songs, but the final product definitely doesn't sound like folk. Even the band has said that they started off as folk songs but were changed later in the process. And besides, I was talking about stuff like the band going metal, going ''Muse'' like (ew), and going super electronic, etc.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Piano Rock. I want an album that is 2/3 upbeat piano driven rock songs and 1/3 slow to mid-tempo piano ballads. The songs should all be between 4 and 6 minutes long. A lot of string arrangements, light ambient electronics, some brass instruments and harmonica. Chester and Mike should both be on every track with Mike singing and rapping and no screaming at all.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I don't want them to imitate. Muse has a really nice balance of different genres. They use creative structure, and their music is just different. You can't mistake Muse. My local alt rock station would play 3 songs where the intro sounded just like Burn it Down. It's boring. Muse is never boring. So when I say I want Lp to be more like Muse I mean I want them to be balanced, unique, and interesting. I just want more intelligent music. Living Things is not an intelligent album. It's simple structures, time signatures, and lyrics. I don't want them to sound like muse, I want them to sound like Lp. I just think they could learn a thing or 2 from Muse.

Andreina

Sorry but of all the alternatives, I think this is the least likely one for them. They are no strangers to piano but I highly doubt they would put that as the center element of an album. Brass? Harmonica? LP has gone "bonkers" once (Chester's words) but that's just too much.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

[video=youtube;gsh7mBAtKGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsh7mBAtKGQ[/video]

5:30 - 5:40, Mike on harmonica and Brad on piano. Way better than some stuff that's been put out and it's ATS era.

Andreina

Eh, I'm not saying they've never played those before, I'm talking about using them as a central element for an album, which is the concept jare0674 is describing.