The Making Of: Living Things

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark_LP, Dec 4, 2012.

Mark_LP

Mark_LP in my fear and flaws..i let myself down again

I love watching Meteora's, MTM's and ATS's documentaries (and collision course's if you count that) i know they have the 2 minute vid on their YouTube but to my knowledge there has not been any news on a full documentary. The guys should do a Living Things special edition with some demos and the film. They really shocked me not making a special edition of Living Things. But yeah, do you think we'll ever see one?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

There's a 17-minute Making Of feature called Inside Living Things, it was released through Zune Music for Xbox/PC around the time the album came out, and was subsequently shown prior to the AXS TV broadcast of the Carson Honda Civic Tour show.

Finisterra

Finisterra Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;p3ykZgTtfls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ykZgTtfls[/video]

Little slow huh? lol

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Didn't the LPA upload Inside Living Things first? Can't find it.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

It got Took down by copyright

Filip

Oh. Weird. Wasn't it uploaded for months?

Mark_LP

yeah i ment like a 40 minute version with a CD

Mark_LP

What's slow?

Mark_LP

Geki

Geki >.

The ''Inside Living Things'' documentary was a bit weak for LP, they usually released good length documentary's with the album. MTM had the longest documentary and it was just shy of 40 minutes, I think this is all we will get unless they release a CD/DVD version with a full DVD... I still dream about the making of MTM I saw at the Webster Hall event in theaters in 2007...that was so much better than the version included with MTM....

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah, we had a good quality version up for a while but we got ninja'd. :(

Filip

Agreed. Making of MTM really gave details, they had those interviews, and here it was just footage of which some was already seen in the LPTV's.

btw. What other making of MTM? :huh:

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

So you saw that version of making of MTM. Can you tell me everything about that version? I'm a big fan of MTM and I want to know every little stuff about the album. Thanks :)

Geki

Geki >.

They showed an alternate making of MTM when people went to see the Webster Hall live show in theaters in 2007. It was like LP did this year with the Berlin show but in 2007 and the Webster Hall show.

It was so amazing. I am in love with MTM and everything to do with it, we share equal feelings! But it was much different than the making of MTM included with the CD/DVD edition of the album. Mike gave very descriptive track by track information about tracks like Bleed It Out, Hands Held High, No More Sorrow and What I've Done. He explained about having the party in the studio while recording Bleed It Out, and he showed Bleed It Out without any music and just the party in the background, it was awesome. He then showed us how Hands Held High was made with the whole band singing the chorus, he showed us some of the individual band members singing the chorus, and then joked saying other band members would get mad if he showed us them alone singing the chorus. He explained about the whole ebow thing about No More Sorrow, about how Brad originally intended to use ebow for TLTGYA but ended up using it on NMS instead and they built the song around that. He then explained how he went home one night and created the entire demo for What I've Done and the whole band loved it, and then explained how they created vocals for it and stuff like that. Really cool. Phoenix also talked about how Chester always is swearing and how Chester originally held the 18 second scream in Given Up longer but they decided not to use the longer scream. He said he could hold a scream for a good minute. There was also various other footage shown, like more footage of what the studio looked like, the band screwing around, and stuff like that. It was really awesome... I really wish that LP fans could somehow get that version. LPU should have put it up in the video section. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to since it wasn't included on any LP DVD's and they will never use the footage again since it's from a album that was made in 2007. I would love to see it again... Maybe we could try and ask Adam or Mark Fiore or the band about releasing it? Even if you hate MTM, I think LP fans will love this footage, it's really cool.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I love MTM, and although it's not my favourite LP album (ATS holds that honour), I would love to watch the shit out of this. We need to show the band demand for it to get released! I just tweeted Adam on twitter.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Damn, fuck, LP NEEDS to release that version. I'm curious about the HHH part especially. Thanks for writing down all this. :)

Geki

Geki >.

You are welcome!! It definitely was awesome. I loved it... I hope the band can do this for us...

Filip

(w00t) :jawdrop: :headbang:

My body is ready.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I also love Minutes, it's my favorite. I want to see this so bad... I asked Zane to ask Chester about it on the LPU chat, but he didn't :(