The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Oct 15, 2012.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Same here. Hopefully that snoozefest leads to a worthwhile story.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Tyreese at the midseason finale?! And he's being portrayed by the guy that did the voice-acting for Coach?!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm still loving Woodbury. I think staying at a prison all the time would be boring. I guess it depends on the person. Hmm.

jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Just finish season 1. Going to start season 2.

ernieball003

I'm not sure if you should read the first few trade paperbacks before you start Season 2, or after...

Comics after Season 2, but comics before Season 3.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

So begins the mid-season break. The episode was pretty good, whilst the ending wasn't a cliffhanger (no cliffhanger is a cliffhanger anymore because of Breaking Bad) it definitely had me wanting more. Tyreese seems like a pretty badass guy, and Carl is definitely off my 'hate radar'. Andrea was somewhat less annoying, but I still dislike her, I am curious as to what she will do following the events in the final scene of the episode.

Next up, "The Suicide King".

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I thought this was the best episode of the season. Still, I cannot stand Andrea and wouldn't mind if she dies anytime soon.

ernieball003

Midseason finale was good, but holy shit the finale for the game made by Telltale was good stuff.

I hope Lilly makes in onto the TV show somehow, just so she can be the only character to have appeared in the comics, tv, game(s), and novels.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

SPOILER: Just when I thought this show might have two recurring black characters at once.... :kappa:

hawk

Absolutely ridiculous. It is so obvious that it makes it seems as though it has been done purposely.

ernieball003

The Walking Dead: The Game won GOTY and pretty much everything else that it was nominated for. Hoping it continues to rake in the end-of-year awards. Should definitely check it out regardless of it being a point-and-click.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Its not a bad game, I've tried it out and its definitely a fun game, but I was kinda hoping for AC3 to win. Still, whats done is done and I tip my hat to the walking dead, best game and show. Can't wait til February!

hawk

I'd consider it a little bit more than just a "point-and-click" because there is much more to the game that those three words can describe.

ernieball003

Of course, but general terms are general.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So apparently the penultimate episode is "This Sorrowful Life" based on Volume 6. It's the third time an episode is named from a volume of comics ("Days Gone Bye", vol. 1; "Made to Suffer", vol. 8). And yes, I think I saw Lilly in the casting sheet

From reports, I heard that Governor and Merle would still be back for season 4, but it already looks like they're building up for all out war, so we'll have to see.

I bet that Beth, Axel, Hershel, Martinez (dude with baseball cap) Allen (the husband) and probably Ben (the son) would die in the second half though. I am convinced that Carol could possibly outlive her comic counterpart.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Jesse

I personally consider the game to be an Interactive Movie, as you can have a lot of fun by just watching someone else play it, and even more fun when you get to make decisions yourself.

I find the game better than the show and quite on par with the comics if not even better than those also.

ernieball003

I love how my paydays are now aligned with the release dates of new Walking Dead issues.

Coming soon... 105.

Jesse

Did you see the preview for 105? It was only 3 pages and not the usual 6-8. I bet something big is going down!

hawk

I bought the first two volumes just recently, really looking forward to getting into it. I'm getting a new laptop soon so I cannot wait to smash the rest of the game (I finished Chapter 1). Unfortunate that the mid-season break falls on my break.

ernieball003

All I've seen is the cover. 104 was the first single issue of a comic that I've ever bought, and that was damn well worth it. If 105 continues 104... shit be goin' down.