Do you think Linkin Park will ever go back to their Hybrid Theory/Meteora style?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Oheao, Aug 25, 2012.

Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

Some time in the future they will. Every band does that at some point in their career. A farewell album (if they decide to call it quits someday) where they go full circle with their music would be great.

Viper224

Viper224 Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;31g0YE61PLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/video]

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:facepalm: at this thread

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think LIVING THINGS fits into this category more or less.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Unless they do a back to roots album, which I doubt it with LP, then no they won't.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

BACK TO DER ROOTZ!

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

They may still integrate elements from it now and then, but they're never teleporting back into 2001 or 2003.

YeahKlay

YeahKlay Banned

In that case I hope we're waiting a while then. :)

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

I don't think so and I hope not. I love those two albums but i wanna see how far they go in their evolving process :) .

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think it is a good place to grow inspiration from and visit every once in a while. To be stuck there, however, might not be the best thing ever. The Nu-Metal era, as much as I loved it at the time, no longer really appeals to me. I absolutely love what Linkin Park did in the early part of their career. When a band tries to repeat what was popular over ten years ago, I feel that the sound and style are cliche. Yes, Linkin Park did have some "Nu-Metalish" sounding songs on LIVING THINGS, however, there were still enough changes in the sound of their music that made it sound fresh. They also kept the expiramental tap digging, which is a GREAT thing in my eyes. There are only a handful of bands from the Nu-Metal genre that are still together, and the ones that are still making music have moved on from the exhausted sound. If you want to know how well a Nu-Metal record would do now a days, ask Fred and the boys that were in Limp Bizkit and ask them how Gold Cobra was...

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I think when they call it quits they will a farewell album, every band does it their last album always goes back to the early days,
    and since nu metal is making a come back now, i mean is no longer big like it use to be, today's era of music is just terrible i'd rather listen to
    nu metal than listen to the shit of today. But if LP does make another nu metal is should be the final of "THE HYBRID TRILOGY"

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

If you see things under a certain perspective, LP is doing a back to the roots album each year with the LPU releases. It's always cool to get some of that old school vibe again, and that way, they can still experiment with their new music, while pleasing old fans too...really, putting demos in the LPU was a brilliant idea :)

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Oh, great, another one of these threads.... Seriously, though, i hope they don't do a HT3.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

yeah, but the old fans aren't gonna buy the Lpu stuff. That would be silly.