LP Underground Twelve CD: Thoughts and predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by bullettrain, Jul 10, 2012.

1. alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Blackbirds is an outtake from the Minutes to Midnight sessions, right ?

2. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

And that's the reason why Chester can't scream like he used to. Because he screamed too much. But those heavy MTM demos would be cool. Also that piano and drum demo from the Making of Meteora and Take Away My Pride of course. I want to hear that song so much.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Yes. Blackbirds has nothing to do with ATS

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Except that it was released as an Itunes exclusive when you preordered ATS...

5. bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

Blackbirds, or at least a seed that sounded like it was present on the Making of MTM. It was done as a bonus track for ATS as around the same time 8 Bit-Rebellion was released.
    he
    TBH or would be great to hear some older and newer stuff on this release. I wouldn't mind seeing LP cross a few albums when even releasing COG as a single, stuff on NRL and LOATR (MS remix) on the COG CD and you would make my week. Shouldn't be long until it's announced, they've only got a couple of months left if they want to keep up tradition :)

6. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

what I want on LPU12
    - Studio version of LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley
    - Cloverleaf (CASTLE OF GLASS demo)
    - Fugitives (has Chester singing so it might be a full recording)
    - Laser Shorts
    - Surrono
    - Holding Company (I believe is the LOST IN THE ECHO demo)
    - IN MY REMAINS (alternative lyrics demo)
    - Buried At Sea (BURN IT DOWN demo)
    - SKIN TO BONE demo
    - I'LL BE GONE demo (If it exists)

7. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

The LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley wont be on it due to the fact that mike stated it would be ten unheard demos a month or two ago.

I don't know what Fugitive, Laser Shorts and Surrono are.

Holding Company if you listen to it in the Making of Video it sound very similar to the 'LOST IN THE ECHO 2012 intro'

In My Remains (Alternate Lyrics) I don't know if I'd really want to hear that, the Robot Boy one wasn't that great in my opinion, I'd rather hear a demo of it to see how the song developed. All though it is possible that Mike would chose that (if it exists)

Buried At Sea, sounds kind of interesting but I think BURN IT DOWN is one of the weakest songs on the new album, I'd be a little skeptical on that one.

SKIN TO BONE demo, that would be interesting only if it had lyrics that aren't as cliche as the ones that made the final cut.

I'LL BE GONE demo, I felt I'LL BE GONE was a weak point on the album, some of the lines are good but the music its self is kind of bland imo.

Cloverleaf (if it is the CASTLE OF GLASS Demo) Sounds interesting, I'd love to hear that one since that song had heavy folk influence.

Instead of things from only recent years I'd rather hear something from their every part of their career HT/M MTM ATS LT, at least one song per album would be cool.

You have a cool list, Fugitive sounds interesting, that definitely caught my attention too.

8. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Right now I want

1. Pay Yo Respektz (a finished version with Mike rapping instead of Dave)
    2. Thoughts song
    3. Meteora piano and drum song
    4. Fuse (with Chester on it)
    5. Tinfoil (ATS sessions version)
    6. ATS b-side
    7. Iridescent Demo
    8. Heavy MTM b-side
    9. MTM demo with Mike on vocals
    10. Sabotage studio cover

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Would hardly be an LPU exclusive, then.

10. Geki

Geki >.

It bothers me when people think Blackbirds was a ATS track. You can CLEARLY hear the song playing in the Making Of MTM DVD, and it sounds identical to the ending of the song. The lyrics, the vocals, the whole song sounds like a MTM song, even the structure does. It also was released as a bonus track for 8 Bit Rebellion and was planned on being included with it since late 2009. It was then later included as a bonus track for pre-ordering ATS so people could get a rip of the song without having to find it online. Mike has even stated that it was from the MTM sessions.

11. bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

I'd keep Phoenix for Pay Yo Respektz. To me, he would sound better for the song.
    Besides, first song with Dave on lead vocals, Winning!!

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You're acting as if this isn't common information. It's obvious Blackbirds was recorded around MTM. I never said that it wasn't. But it's not an exclusive for the LPU and there are no editions of MTM that includes it. In my iTunes, Blackbirds is the second to last song on ATS, so I counted it as an ATS song on that technicality.

13. Hybrid

What you just stated here was like you were condescendingly insinuating that I already didn't know that. I was stating the fact that Blackbirds, whether you want to admit it or not, did have something to do with ATS. Granted it was not written at the same time as ATS, it was still released, as a bonus, with the album. I get that it was written in the time of MTM. I look at it as a bonus "B-side" that was "released" in between MTM and ATS. It was available after you completed 8-bit Rebellion, and for those, like me, who didn't have an Iphone/Ipod to play said game, got a chance to get it as an exclusive official bonus track. As Spitz said as well, there is a technicality there. Why does it bother you so much? Are you that much of a MTM purest that the song can't be bogged down by something else the band did? C'mon, man. That doesn't seem like something to lose sleep over. Tinfoil/Powerless was written in the "ATS Era" but was finished an released on LT. Does that mean anything other than it was a LT track? It shouldn't. Just like your crusade against Blackbirds having anything to do with ATS.

14. colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

I would quite like a 10 track LPU album filled with there live intros and outros
    added to there tracks in studio quality.

15. Geki

Geki >.

I was saying because people always used to say it was an ATS track like it was recorded for the album. Yes, it was a bonus track for ATS, I'm just saying it was written in 2006/2007. That's all.

16. Hybrid

Alright. You were coming off as though it was a big deal which is why I said what I said.

17. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Geki, that kind of stuff irritates me too. lol

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

leftshoe has an LPA account? this is news to me, lol. I've never seen you around once, only on LPL

19. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Holy fucking shit! Cloverleaf IS the Castle of Glass demo. I never noticed. Good catch!
    I'll Be Gone has a demo, Primo, the original one from the ATS sessions. I can tell you for sure Fugitives, Surrono (Surhon?) and Laser Shorts (Blazer Shorts?) only remained at the seed stage.

20. Remixes don't seem appealing to me unless they are remixed by Mike, which is rare. A couple of rare demos from ATS and LT are good and I don't mind instrumentals. I don't really want live tracks unless they are whether the new ballad medley they are doing on the tour right now or any alternative versions of Bleed It Out (Sabotage/A Place For My Head/new guitar bridge by Mike Einzinger). Also studio versions of those live tracks are welcomed. I still want No Roads Left to be included because I love that song so much and when I found out it is only available on iTunes japan store and some limited tour edition of MTM, I was so mad.