09.22.2012 - iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 22, 2012.

Ignite

Ignite Well-Known Member

They weren't cut short

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure it's frustrating for these rock acts that work their asses off and are undermined by the pop stars of the world.

As for Green Day...the guy had every right to be upset. Honestly he handled it like a 4-year old though. That was the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen. It wasn't out of line to even call them out on it, but to use profanity in the excessive way that he did, and to slander Justin Bieber (I hate the kid, but Green Day should be WAY above that sort of thing) makes them look so bad. Again, he had every right to be mad, and even call the organizers out on it, but not that way. Damn.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

If that's the case he was probably strung out lol.

And for those of you defending Justin bieber, Fuck that shit. I love to see him get thrown under the bus. He deserves it if you ask me.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Wait, that happened? :lol: I missed a little over half of the set. What song was this during?

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

How was Billie's tantrum less manufactured than the pop stars he and his fans bitched about?

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think it was a publicity stunt. Their album is releasing in two days, isn't it? Although I would've been pissed too if the only performance before my CD release was cut short (yeah I know their time wasn't really cut, but they wanted to play a new song off of it to promote the album or so they say). The rehab thing is hilarious. Didn't think Bille Joe would joing the line of celebrities who go into rehab after some bad publicity. In this case, it was good publicity for the rebellious kids who want to grab their album this week.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

What the fuck is I Heart Radio anyway??? It seems like another ambiguous corporate music thing. If every artist was allotted 25-30 mins then they are not doing the artists and the fans any justice. I used to like the old Green Day and I have nothing against Billy Joel, but he's obviously he's going through some kind of problem that needs to be taken care of.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

No matter how much people hate Bieber, I don't know any other pop star kids that play guitar, drums, dance, sing, rap and act.

Well for one, I don't think his "tantrum" was co-signed by Usher.

DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

green day wasnt cut short. billy joe is a 40 year old midget who still wears eye-liner. booooohoooo. every artist knew they got roughly 30 minutes. take your ego out the equation and adjust your setlist accordingly.

lp last night was on just under 40 minutes btw

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Hey, I've always given the kid more credit than these other talentless pop stars. It just so happens he's the topic of conversation more often than the others and despite him quite a bit of legit talent I still hate him so my credit to him might not come across so well.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

This crowd was pathetic, lmfao at Mike saying "LAS.....VEGAS....LINKIN....PARK....SUCKS"
    haha epic

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I literally spent the rest of my last post explaining that he was extremely immature about it. I'm not sure why you just took that one line. lol

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Love how these kids could go to a show where it's 600 a ticket and just sit there and not enjoy themselves. Must be fun to have their mommies and daddies buy them expensive concert tickets all the time.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

There's no rip of the video stream yet? And I'm not talking about recording the tv with a camera... I found the audio rip though.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

For God's sake, his name is Billie JOE.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That may have been my favorite part of the performance. Again, can't blame Mike for feeling like that when it comes to the crowd because most of them were probably there to listen to some other artist. With this whole Billie Joe Armstrong freak out, that was the most childish thing I have ever seen. What did he expect to have, an extra 2 minutes? 20 minutes? When you're playing such a hyped up concert like that, particularly for the mainstream music fans there, you've got to understand your place. Yes, you've been around for decades and revolutionized music, but at the iHeart Music Radio Festival, you're not going to be the biggest name on the ticket, same goes for LP. Fortunately, they realized that which is why Mike was having fun mocking the crowd a bit. I don't like having to carry my judgment from one band member onto the entire band, but Green Day was definitely in the wrong here.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

iHeartRadio show in 1080i is awesome!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Green Day's not as rebellious and anti-establishment as their fans thinks they are. For Christ's sake, their song "Enemy" is a theme song for WWE's Friday Night SmackDown. For the last 4 or 5 years, Nickelback had "Burn It To The Ground" as the theme song for WWE's Monday Night Raw. Both shows, whether you want to admit it or not, are very main stream shows that find it's way into MILLIONS of people's homes every week. Do you still think that money isn't a determining factor for what Green Day does? Let that sink in for a minute.

$600 a ticket? Seriously? And they just stood there like that... Wow. If I had to spend $600 on a ticket, I would FORCE myself to enjoy every minute of that show. Even if I wasn't fond of the artist playing. The price of that is out of control...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

600$ wow...that would make ... uh nvm, joke is in bad tastes

20. Ken

Ken New Member

This set, though short, was frakkin awesome. Most of the songs were perfect, kicked ass and I got chilled. Stupid, terrible crowd though, good thing it was recorded, other wise it would have been a waste. I wonder what Mike was yelling at the end, probably telling off the stupid crowd of something.