Do you think Linkin Park will ever go back to their Hybrid Theory/Meteora style?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Oheao, Aug 25, 2012.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Repetitive structure or not, Meteora still has some great tracks, most notably Faint, Numb, and Breaking the Habit. I've heard a ton of lpa members complain about Numb, but I have almost no doubt that they are singing along just as loud to it at a live concert as other Meteora obsessed fans. I will say that if I hate anything about this album, its the dumbass nu-metal loving morons it created who wont let go of LP's past.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Can't stand Numb. It also needs to be removed from setlists. Along with SIB now that THAT is back.

Breaking The Habit should be dropped now that the completely epic LOATR+SOTD+Iridescent Medley exists.

Faint should have never replaced APFMH.

There is nothing on Meteora that isn't done better somewhere else. Other than sucking and being repetitive, unoriginal, and poorly written. For that, Meteora is king.

I guarantee you that tonight I will make myself projectile vomit during any and all Meteora songs. Real talk.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Dude, that's better than 90% of Meteora rapping...

Anyway, to the question in the title of the thread: NO. HELL NO.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Only 90%? Must've been pretty shitty.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I would screaming the name of those songs from other albums what they won't played because of Meteora.(While they playing Meteora songs.)

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

[​IMG]

Geki

Geki >.

One question I will never know the answer to is: Why are LP fans never satisfied with any anything LP does? Every single album LP put out is amazing and if you didn't like LP, you obviously wouldn't spend a lot of time on a Linkin Park fansite. I don't get it.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Hahahaha.

No

Geki

Geki >.

BTH shouldn't be dropped, but the medley is very good. I like it a lot.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Alright, this is a viewpoint I absolutely cannot get behind. I may love a lot of the band's songs, but that does not in any way make them infallible. I don't think brand loyalty counts for anything. I laugh at shit like the Kiss Army and I can't understand how people will happily buy the latest AC/DC album when it's the same shit as before. I can still be disappointed and if Linkin Park records an album that I find completely irredeemable, then I'll stop paying attention to them. Living Things tested my patience and if there weren't songs like Castle of Glass and Until it Breaks on that album, I would outright decry Linkin Park as lazy.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

If they can do a LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley, I'd love to see them crush the singles from Meteora into a medley to give them more room to play new songs instead of the old ones. Plus, if they do it WELL, this would make the older songs more creative and not the same stuff over and over.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Can they just bring back the hip-hop medley? That'd be cool.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Meteora lasted only one month in my CD player when it released in 2003. I don't know why it's some fans favorites, but then again, all the ones I met who claim it as their best album didn't listen to Hybrid Theory until after Meteora.

With that said, I don't think Breaking The Habit should be dropped from setlists. It's the one song on the album that was truly unique and the band was really proud of. The song's lyrics weren't great, but the energy is infectious. The other Meteora songs that I can still listen to without cringing are Faint (for its catchiness and energy) and From The Inside (Chester's emotions really shined through). I also thought that Session was one of their best instrumental tracks.

But to answer the OP's question, I don't think they should revisit the past since that would make the band sound dated and they've developed so much as songwriters since then. But what I do want them to do is try to recapture the raw passion and energy that they had in Hybrid Theory. They tried to do that in Living Things, but it felt more like Meteora.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

copy that.

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men. Exactly my thoughts. And to the TS, hell no, I don't want Linkin Park to EVER go back to something like Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Yes, at one point I thought they were the greatest albums ever, but I've gotten over them and I can't get through either album without cringing at the lyrics or the boring formulaic song structures and guitar riffs. There are still some great moments on both albums (more so for Hybrid Theory) but for me the bad outweights the good.

In My Remains

In My Remains Like an army falling one by one.

Although I do like their earlier work, I hope they don't go back. Personally, I don't mind Somewhere I Belong and From The Inside, but I agree, LP have written similar songs that were better. And honestly, I hope they keep experimenting. Living Things was decent, but it felt different to listen to after an album with the epic atmosphere of ATS. It felt more like it would fit better between Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

This question has been like asked tons of times since i first signed up. >_>

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I think they might at least make an effort to make their future material more energetic, considering how their recent setlists have been mostly moshpit friendly. I know they promised that with Living Things, which turned out to be pretty mellow with the exception of Victimized and a few tracks, but it's pretty obvious the crowds don't get too psyched up over songs like Burn It Out. It's just a hypothesis, considering how they retreated back to their formulaic style after A Thousand Suns failed in the charts compared to their previous efforts. I loved ATS, mind you. Stranger things have happened, but in this point of their career, I think they're just trying to stay relevant in the music world. It's just hard to balance pleasing fans and staying creative.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

METEORA! METEORA! NEVER AGAIN! METEORAAAAAHH!!!!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

if they go back to anything it would to something ATS-esque. Which I wouldn't mind but I don't see it happening.