Linkin Park - LOST IN THE ECHO (KillSonik Remix) Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

lol i am a dubfan, i raged before on an other guy but well
    i can understand your opinion but only because you heard the mainstream dubstep
    there are actually pretty awesome and silent tracks you can sleep on it or so aswell
    i just dont get the "i dont like dubstep" thing when you didnt check out every dubstep type
    anyways
    you dont like it
    its okay ;)

2. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I dig it.. This is what the remixes should sound like.

3. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

That's like MLP fans saying "You watched 7 episodes of the show? NOT ENOUGH. YOU MUST WATCH ALL OF THEM." ((Yes, I literally had that happen to me.))

It is flawed logic.

And yes, I'm comparing it to MLP. Because, well...

A) They're both born from the internet,
    B) They are both overhyped
    C) They are both (in my opinion) overpopular
    D) Their fans insist it's the best thing ever
    E) They're both everywhere on the internet, so much so that it's hard not to notice when you go places
    F) Most fans obsessed with the genre/show can't understand that some people just *Don't like it*
    G) I can see why people can LIKE both things, but I can NOT see why such a big deal is made over it, like MLP is the second coming of christ for the internet
    H) Fans are everywhere, and it's getting talked about and fanboyed about so much that it sometimes just gets irritating to hear about.

So yeah. I went off on a bit of an off-topic rant there, so my apologies.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  4. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

This. haha

I dont make blanket judgments based on genres because there are shit songs and good songs in every genre. I've heard some great electronic tracks but I just think this is a bad one. Simple as that.

5. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Boom. That's what I like to hear. You don't like it, but you're not bashing it to pieces. To kind of hop on what Elaine said, I just don't think anyone should be allowed to disavow a whole genre if they really haven't tried to find something they like in that genre or asked for suggestions. We all know most of us, me included, probably don't go that far when finding something new. But I'd rather hear "I hate dubstep songs that sound like this one" than "dubstep sucks".

I know I'm entering the realm of pushing my ideals onto other people, but I'm just all for interwebz karma lol.

Back on topic, as much as I enjoy the remix, it does feel like dubstep for dubstep sake. If this was three years in the future or three years ago, this would be a completely different remix. Korn is about the only artist I feel hopped on the dubstep train on purpose, but did it well as dubstep works with the general philosophy of Korn's sound (bass specifically). If trance was HUGE right now I feel like we'd be listening to a trance Lost In The Echo remix lol.

6. Elaine

To get this straight, I'm not calling you obsessed. You just fit the latter part. I don't WANT to listen to dubstep. It is not a genre I like. It is not appealing to me.

I don't like MMO's. You can't say "Well you haven't tried them all!" As a valid defense.

I don't like MLP. You can't say "Well you haven't watched them all!" as a valid defense.

It's these kind of things that irk me. What I have seen ((And I have seen/listened to/watched a fair bit)), I have not enjoyed all that much. It is not on the level of calling it "Sucky". It is on the level of not liking it.

Some people just don't like things, capiche? It doesn't mean they're wrong for not liking them. It's like how some people just don't like Linkin Park. Why can't you guys just say "Well, good for you, I'mma go listen and be happy listening" instead of insisting they're wrong for having personal tastes? I don't like Dubstep, but I'm not hating on it. I'm sure there are one or two songs out there I might potentially actually enjoy, but on a whole, I am not inclined to go find them because dubstep is not a genre I find enticing. It's like telling someone who doesn't like horror movies that they haven't watched enough horror movies so their opinion is invalid. I find that line of thinking absurd.

7. obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

They need to pull a Trent Reznor and release a bunch of Multitracks songs for people to remix. I think I still have that multi track version of Only.

8. Elaine

I would fangirl so hard if they did this.

9. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

This. I wanna listen to Linkin Park not this Skrillex crap. Dubstep just needs to die already. How anybody can consider wub wub wub made on a computer talented music is beyond me.

10. mastae

mastae Some Honky

You lost me at "made on a computer"

When will this stigma of making music on a computer = no talent go away?

11. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes. And yes.

This would be about 10 Christmases at once. (I assume that's the plural of Christmas? Is there a plural of Christmas? I guess we'll find out if they ever release some multitracks)

12. izboos

izboos Member

Eeeeeeevverybody's dubstepping

13. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

What Elaine means by MLP?

Anyway. I liked too much of this remix. .-.

14. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Though I still prefer the BURN IT DOWN RAC Remix, this is still a really badass song! Mike's verse is sick, so is Chester's screaming with all these drops. This truly makes up for the BURN IT DOWN PVD remix whether this actually is part of LIVING THINGS REMIXED or not :D

15. Elaine

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

16. Flagrare

Omg. It sounds very bad. :O

17. Elaine

Believe it or not, it's the most popular thing on the internet.

I am not even kidding.

18. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Yeah I did haha! It really isn't a great song, deadmau5 tripped up on that, although Raise Your Weapon was a popular deadmau5 song, which was basically dubstep and it really didn't sell out, thats one of his GOOD widely known songs :D

19. Flagrare

OMG. I don't want to live in this planet anymore.

20. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

It was more directed at other people and less at you. Like I said, its not like we will all take the time to sift through something to find something we like. I get the same thing with people who want me to watch Game of Thrones lol.

Your reaction was pretty mild. I was annoyed more by the "OMG dubstep needs to die!" people. You came right out and said its not for you. Everyone is a fanboy/girl for something.

And hell yes on multi-tracks. It won't happen while they are on a label. That's why only newer NIN has multi-tracks. Give me some Fragile and Meteora ones (we need Reanimation 2 lol).