LIES GREED MISERY Live

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jul 12, 2012.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Chester does not scream the ending chorus. That is the most major problem I find. The bridge has this incredible build-up, chester screams like mad for a few seconds, and then the song goes back to the same chorus and falls flat.

Geki

Geki >.

The reason I'm not a big fan of LGM live is because Chester doesn't scream the last chorus like on the studio version, it really ruins the song for me. The whole point of that is to escalate the anger from the bridge and keep on screaming, like done in the studio version, but he screams ''you did it to yourself'' live, than goes right back to regular, soft singing. Wtf? It's always bothered me. I'm starting to wonder how bad LITE and Victimized will be live if he doesn't scream like on the studio versions. Wow.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That's very unlikely. He WILL scream on LITE and there's no way he can go clean singing on VICTIMIZED because he doesn't have the option to. In LGM he has that option because the same chorus exists in the song in "clean version". Has he avoided screams on APFMH or OSC perhaps? No. There's no need to worry. Also, he doesn't sing it like that because he wants to, he knows he needs to "manage" his voice and there will be times where he'll feel he can scream more, and other times where he's more limited.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

For me, the reason why Lies Greed Misery sound off, is just that. It sounds off, Mike raps off key. He also raps off key during Wretches and Kings.

These two songs sound off key live...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

He's not off-key.

And he isn't off-key in W&K either. If anything he's off-tempo. A little bit late. At least that's how it was on most of the ATS Tour clips of W&K.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

On LGM it sounds like he's using autotune o.o WHY IS CHESTER USING AUTOTUNE?!!?

Andreina

I'm sorry but I don't hear it like he's using such thing. He most likely recorded more than one layer. It doesn't sound autotuned at all :lol:

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Definitely sounds like a layer to me.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

Well it sounds weird. Maybe echo'y? Idk I just find it annoying.

What's more annoying is how Mike overplays a vowel sound:

Imma be that na-na-na-nail in your coffin
    you let-let-let your pride and your ego.

Besides that, it just sounds... weird.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Pretty annoying how he accurately imitates the glitched vocal in the studio version. Shame on him for being true to how the album sounds.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

And shame on me for having a different opinion! Shame on me......

Andreina

I do that as well when I sing along, and I love it :lol: .. And live if I'm not mistaken, he sings "you wanna let your pride or your ego", but the 1st part he does "stutter" it. I like singing the glitched version though :p

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I really don't think there is much of difference between studio and live. I just don't hear it.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

Only difference live is that Chesters voice sounds higher than studio.

Geki

Geki >.

OSC is probably the only LP track that Chester still screams on live. Nowadays, he barely screams on songs like Faint, Given Up, A Place For My Head, Lying From You, From The Inside, Bleed It Out, etc., he kind of does like this weird ass aggressive yell. I don't understand why he does it, but he does. Listen to a performance of APFMH from 2000-2004 and listen to a performance from anything after that.

Anyways, we will see how he handles the screaming on Living Things. I bet he will end up singing/yelling the chorus to Victimized like he does to Blackout nowadays. Lame. Takes all the energy of the song and just rips it out by doing that. I suppose he may scream on LITE, but only because he really has to do one scream at the end of the second chorus, I highly doubt he will even scream the last chorus at the end like he does on the studio version because it's layered, and he would never actually let Mike sing it for once and scream. I would hate to see what a cover of Wish would sound like nowadays. Imagine if they did decide on playing QWERTY at the iTunes Festival last summer instead of Rolling In The Deep, it would probably ruin the song for me.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Hit The Floor come again!

Andreina

I'm sorry but I'll just :facepalm:

There's the age factor, you know? I don't even, I'll just stop here 'cause it makes no sense for me to keep going.

Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

I don't think it's auto tune, It sounds like a vocoder playing in the background of the chorus covering his lines. And it's probably sampled live.

Geki

Geki >.

Sorry to piss everyone off, I just don't think that Victimized will be good live. If you enjoy the way Chester sings Blackout from say, MSG 2011, then you may like it live.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

While I don't think his screaming is awful now, I do believe that it was way better back in the day. Especially during 2004 tour, or even 2007