Your views on Reanimation

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Reanimation is under the Top 3 of the LP albums.

Personally I think it's highly unfair letting Reanimation and Meteora fight against each other. Reanimation smashes Meteora to the bones.
    It's like a battle between Chao-Zu and Vegeta.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Vegeta wins...

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Reanimation is not a critically acclaimed piece of work by any means. I do not see how it is overrated.
    Give us a nice description of why you folks deem Reanimation an overrated release and maybe your opinion will appear to hold some form of validity.

You know... kind of like how the rest of us have:

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Yep, thanks my friend. I see you're on top. ;-)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This. I mean, everytime I read someone bashing ATS and saying that "it's not Linkin Park" I always bring Reanimation as a proof, how could people not see that coming? Reanimation stripped the guitars off of Hybrid Theory and still made the songs sound really good and powerful without having guitars as protagonists. And even with its existence I can't comprehend how people and even fans were "scandalized" when LP released an album like ATS, how different is ATS from Reanimation? There isn't a dramatical difference between the two IMO when it comes to the nature behind them.

Of course ATS was way more elaborated and was conceived in a more mature stage of the band, but still has that essence and idea that Reanimation had at the time.

Blake

Vegeta= Meteora to me though

Brian

Brian Member

It's not my favourite LP release, but hell, this is coming for a guy who's more into the rock end of the musical spectrum. For a genre I never 100% got into, it's damn amazing! And one of the things I love about linkin park is the sheer number of genres they have mastered, it's this kind of record, along with many of their other releases of course, that proves that.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Reanimation was actually the first LP album, I ever owned and it got played day in day out.

I basically had this and Hybrid Theory at the same time and would debate with myself which version of which song I liked better.

I love Reanimation. I wish they would have developed that remixed sound into something else. (Collision Course was still immaculate IMO, just not the same creative level as Reanimation)

The album was worlds better than M2M, but so is everything else they've ever put out.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

For me, Reanimation is a perfect re-imagining of what Hybrid Theory is. The production on the album is incredible and has some of the bands greatest works, aside from a few tracks on the album.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Couldn't agree more. It was awesome.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

You mean like The Wiz?

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I agree with everything you said, except this. We're talking about one album that have When They Come For Me and Wretches & Kings as songs.

And plus I'll say that Plc.4 Mie Haed is fucking great to me.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

There is only 2 "heavy hip hop" songs in ATS, while in Reanimation it's more than half the album (if you don't count the interludes + Opening and Cure for the Itch)

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I don't listen to Reanimation much these days. That being said, I think it was a great showcase of the bands true potential and thirst for creativity. Like a lot of people have already mentioned, it was ahead of it's time and showed where the band could go. And yet, for some reason, it's the 2nd last album that comes to mind for me when LP releases are mentioned (last being Collision Course). I was a bit of a pretentious musical elitist until Reanimation forced me to reconsider what I liked in music, as ATS did again 8 years later.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I think it's getting much more praise by the fans than it deserves. Reanimation is experimenting, and pushing the limits of pop culture, and people seem to love it, while albums like A Thousand Suns aren't getting such acclaim by the same fans, the ones that love Hybrid Theory, and I consider ATS much better than Reanimation. Hybrid Theory is my favourite LP album, and ATS is my second. That proves I like both ''old Linkin Park'' and ''new Linkin Park''. I love Krwlng and 1 Stp Kloser, and I listen to them almost every day, but the rest of the album is boring, and I just want it to end when I'm listening to it. I'm one of LP's younger fans on this page, I guess, and I've been listening to them since MTM, but I can say that I love all of their albums. No LP album ever had to grow on me, I liked it on the first listen, but I thought Reanimation would eventually grow on me...I still hope it will. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Yes, I do not disagree with that point. All I meant is that ATS also has heavy influences from Hip Hop too.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I think it's less a case of the album getting more praise than it deserves and more a case of LP getting more credit then they deserve. 9 of the 14 actual songs (not counting intro. segues or X-Ecutioner Style) were remixed by people who aren't in LP. I get the vibe that folk here are ignoring (or maybe aren't aware of) the significant contributions other artists had in ReA & crediting LP for work they didn't do.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I was about to post the same exact thing. Aside from that, Reanimation is still great anyway, but we can't give all the creativity credits to LP.

Blake

yes, if you just look at the responses in the thread, they are giving too much credit/ overrating it

20. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

That other artists had a hand in it is irrelevant in the argument of whether or not it is overrated and it seems as if you are piggybacking on this argument since people have asked you why you think it is overrated since those of us who love it are able to express in detail why we think it's an impressive piece of work.

Whether or not all of, most of or none of the creative credit goes to LP doesn't change the fact that Reanimation showed the potential and versatility LP has and that is the point just about everyone here is making. And no one has intimated that LP should be given ALL the credit but I don't see the point in bringing this up when the project was overseen and produced by Mike and a handful of the songs were remixed by Mike as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.