LOST IN THE ECHO Music Video Being Filmed Today

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Says the guy who has a drawing from Mike from the OSC days as his avatar, Hybrid Theory lyrics in his title, and a Meteora era winamp skin as his signature pic. Have you even given their new music a true listen, or are you hopelessly waiting for a return to Meteora? More importantly, are you sure your headphones are plugged in?

Does your music library include limpbizkit, KoRn, Insane Clown Posse and several other nu-metal bands too by chance?

Sorry, but a part of me has a hard time taking you seriously...considering that Linkin Park's last three records were the most critically acclaimed of their career, and the most adventurous of any of their 5 albums. Yeah Hybrid Theory was a classic, but that's only cause it was different for the time. When you release an exact clone of it to follow, with a mashup EP that also rehashes that old sound, it's suddenly not as fresh.

So yes, LITE is better than at least two of their albums, because it actually did something "different" with the classic Linkin Park sound.

2. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

You, as an original LP fan, are hopeless. So I'm gonna ignore you starting .... now!

The set looks so damn good! I really wonder what the music video will be about actually :eek:

3. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

But many Pre-HT demos got better lyrics than the final ones.
    Don't misunderstood me, I LOVE Hybrid Theory, but I love many demos from that era more.

4. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I'm as big of a fan of LP's new stuff as anyone, but to simply bash or even call an album like Hybrid Theory anything less than a masterpiece is just crazy. Hybrid Theory is one of the best selling albums of the decade, and there's a damn good reason for that. Critically, it was also one of LP's best received album while Minutes to Midnight was the worst. But I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys this.

Either way, LP wouldn't be where they are today without the success they had with their breakthrough album. Yes, LITE is probably their best song in recent memory, but you can't compare one song hat just released to an entire album.

NOW.

Can't we all just get along.

5. mastae

mastae Some Honky

That's probably the cutest thing I've ever heard.
    If you consider Hybrid Theory to be a "masterpiece" of an album, probably not.

It's a good album, no doubt, but masterpiece is another story.

6. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

First of all i like living things its better than ATS way better and it might even be better than m2m, and 2nd i dont even like korn, and icp they are fucking terrible, and i listen to music that i can relate to
    buts its just some many people are racist/biased r against HT its ridiculous everywhere i see someone is bashing HT.

7. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Ok, let's not drag this thread down into the "HT vs Newer LP albums" debate.

Back on topic! Perhaps the band is simply using these actors as a ruse to confuse the LP fanbase and they're actually secretly filming the video in a studio as we speak. :kappa:

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I can see why you would say this. I personally like most of the lyrics on the album more than the demos. but I can see why one would say otherwise. I think the took the demos and made them better for HT but that's all opinion.

The day this happens in the LP community is the day the world blows up.

9. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

THANK YOU!!!

10. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Wait...

wait did you just...

KJHAGDFSHJKHGVEWUIJKF JESUS CHRIST YOU DID

11. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

LPHybrid Soldier: "many people are racist... against HT"

[​IMG]

12. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm so sorry but there is no such thing as an "original LP fan" .. Are you really going to drag the discussion to that? What makes you think that this "nu-metal" thing is better than any of the other albums they put out later? Are you really aware to begin with, with the TRUE ESSENCE of what Linkin Park is? It's not about heavy guitars or angsty lyrics, it never has been, it's about the MIX of different genres and music tastes.

Who has bashed around here Hybrid Theory? I am yet to see a negative coment about the album around here, some people say that newer songs are, TO THEIR LIKING, best than most of the HT tracks and you automatically assume that they are bashing it? Did they explicitely said that the album sucked? No? Then stop the judging. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

If there was anything like an "original LP fan" it wouldn't definitely be what you portray, which is complete denial of their latest works, refusing to understand the efforts and progressions the band has made over the years and most importantly, the FAILURE to recognize the true "hybrid" nature of Linkin Park, which has NEVER revolved around nu-metal, that's something people boxed them in, not a place they wanted to be in. You don't have to like every record they make, and there will always be detractors to their music, you say "you will not stand for it anymore", how exactly on earth are you planning to stop it?

13. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

... xD I think ppl are more "racist" against Meteora and MTM if anything....

And if you want ppl to get along, stop calling them racists.... And respect that ppl have other opinions than you have. Sure, they might not be so subtle about it, but why then sink to their level?

14. Rullon

Rullon Active Member

Joe...you are awesome! :D

15. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Can this become a meme, please?

Oh, you like Death Cab For Cutie? Fucking racist.

16. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

shepardscared.png

17. Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

wtf is this hybrid soldier clown doing on these forums, lol get real kid

18. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Jaw dropping images! I can't wait for the video!

19. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

screw you

20. takai

takai Blues Drive Monster

This post sounds contradicting. First it sounds like you're saying the last 3 albums were amazing and Hybrid Theory isn't the only good LP record. Then it sounds like you're saying LITE makes them sounds like shit because it's Linkin Park's old sound, changed for modern times.

:dafuq:

In any case, it's a matter of opinion. Being a moderator, I thought you would realize that.