Linkin Park Twitter Promotion Campaigns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Adiek84, May 24, 2012.

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

1. Thanks a lot for the great response! It's awesome that so many of you want to join the party! Also thanks to everyone for spreading the word :)
    2. Exclamation marks: Never thought this would be a problem, but since so many of you noticed that, I'd better change it.
    3. Hashtag: Yes, Mike is a weird guy. He blogs about the Release Day Challenge and says that we should use #LinkinParkReleaseDay and then later he replys to my comment, saying we should use #LivingThingsReleaseDayChallenge. Since this is the latest info he gave us (and I made an effing flyer already), we'll stick with this one. I think he himself uses it too.
    4. Time Zones: Sorry people in Australia and Asia, but it's impossible to find a perfect time for everyone. I hope many of you join us anyways.

PS: Are exclamation marks even included in hashtags or does Twitter automatically stop the hashtag with punctuation?

EDIT: Do you remember the Rock in Rio livestream and how effortlessly all songs trended worldwide because all fans were tweeting about them at the same time? Same thing could happen during the Twitter party!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I just tested, Twitter ignores the exclamations. Anyway it is better to keep the hashtag without its.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Good idea, Adie. LPA Staff can maybe tweet to remind people when it's about to take place and help out. :)

Adiek84

Lol, just in case more people are wondering about that, of course everyone listens to the album with their own devices and just uses Twitter for the discussion.

By the way, using Spotify to listen to the album would definitely help to get it in the Top Charts there and I have no idea how it is in other countries, but Germany has official streaming charts.

Thanks, Ree, that would be great!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

I'd like to join in with this, I'll get the album early though so the excitement won't be as high :/

mirjanalp

mirjanalp Member

same in here..i can barely wait until june 22nd to go and buy album..but I will join you guys,right after I finish my exam that day :D

ambergirl87

ambergirl87 Member

amazing idea!!! this will be worldwide epicnesssss!!!!!!!!! can't wait! it's perfect time for us in Bulgaria-11pm :))

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

nah, i'll pass.

Adiek84

You might've seen that Mike tweeted now to use #LivingThings or #LinkinPark2012 as hashtags since the other ones confuse him. I think it's pretty impossible to spread the news about the change now, so I'll just go with the flow. I'll watch which hashtag is mostly used and use it, too. I guess that's the best strategy here.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

You know I'll listen to the album before the party, right? Aussies get the album on June 22nd.

ambergirl87

ambergirl87 Member

i think #LivingThings is the best one to choose...but still...dunno what Mike has still more to say ??:D

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I put #LINKINPARK2012 and #LIVINGTHINGS while calling him bossy at the same time! *finish eating oatmeal*

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I'm with you! ;D

Adiek84

Adiek84

I just want to make clear, that of course everyone who has already listened to the stream or leak is still welcome to join the Listening Party. This is not about the first listen, but about the experience to enjoy the album together with the whole fan base all over the world.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make sure that everyone sees this and my other post is already two days old, so it would be a bit weird to edit it.

Adiek84

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I can't wait to share the excitement with all you guys and Mike! :awesome:

Adiek84

Can't wait either! It's gonna be awesome!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That was my initial thought, but then I discovered I had a brain.

Adiek84

Little update:
    1. I've rewritten my blog post about the Twitter Listening Party, since all the updates made it look like I'm a total idiot. You can still reach it through the original link in my first post.

2. The Facebook Event Page now has 839 people who are attending. I hope that more people attend, when they have received their copy of the album. It would be great if we'd reach 1000 attendees!

3. We will use the hashtag #LIVINGTHINGS since it is short and everyone knows what it's about. Please share the news!

4. I've added a little picture challenge just to keep people occupied. Take a photo of your Living Things album, add a)the message "I'll attend the Official Twitter Listening Party" + b) the Twitter name + c) the hashtag #LIVINGTHINGS and post the picture on the Facebook Event's wall. People who downloaded the album can use a picture of the album cover. You can see examples on the FB event page's wall.
    I just thought it would be nice to pay people back for supporting this event and with those pictures (that I'm gonna share of course) they are promoting their Twitter and maybe gain some followers.

5. Mila Souza made a trailer for the party which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFTS1miKF4 Thanks to her!

I already tweeted that, but I think it's more fitting to mention it here. Big thanks to the LPA for sharing the info about the Listening Party and promoting it! I'm pretty sure that Mike would've never heard about it without the LPA's tweets! You guys rock! :chuck:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012