Potential First Previews of LOST IN THE ECHO, IN MY REMAINS and I'LL BE GONE

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I see it more like this: imagine snippets like a packed Christmas gift. You remove the cover just to find out another black pack sorrounds the gift and you get called away before opening it. They let you inside part of the sound, yet with a terribly awful quality and certainly not long enough to make up your mind about it (even worse if the music comes from a band that you know you like). So you arrive to the end of 30 seconds whose passed as fast as ever and you realize you have dozens of emotions playing inside of you at the same time, all of them contrasting each other. 30 seconds seems nothing, but they are already 1/5 or 1/6 of a LT song and so, as EVERYBODY does, you get a first impression of the song without being sure of what you just heared and what has yet to come, and THAT ruins the experience more than everything else. Plus, you don't get the surprise of "going to listen the unknown", where every single note is to discover, 'cause you already heared some and is already not "new" anymore.

About someone messing with a leak, I'd just take that risk. With a textured sound like LP is not easy to manipulate something without building up noise in the end, specially when lacking of multitracks. And a good ear can still capture mistakes or even hear if a song was remastered, 'cause it starts lacking of depth.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I have finals this week so im going to keep busy. Perfect for when waiting for the leak :)

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't have particularly strong feelings for the clips one way or another.

I usually make something of a mini-event out of listening to new album for the first time, as well as avoiding clips and leaks. But this time around I haven't really been impressed by anything I've heard. My expectations are low and I don't really care enough to observe my usual "ceremony", I just want to cut to the chase and see if the rest of the songs are any good (as in, I'll be listening to the leak). I'm looking forward to Down IV way more.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was hoping the Celtics would win because I am not a Heat fan at all, but yes, OKC all the way for me!

On topic: I need the leak. I listened to LITE preview 37 times in Itunes. Sounds so epic

5. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Dementia no....not you too....the album is under 2 weeks away....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree. No Church was the perfect opener for WTT, and my favorite song from the album. LITE sounds like it will be a perfect opener for Living Things

yes me too, I always listen to leaks of albums I am anticipating. Only exception recently was Neighborhoods by Blink-182, and Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay-Z (because it did not leak)

7. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

The whole point of the manipulated songs is for them to sneak stuff into it without you knowing.

8. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

Watch the Throne is an awesome CD, but I don't have it yet

9. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

And I thought you were cool......just kidding lol, not a big deal to listen to leaks...and by the way, not that I'm the biggest basketball fan, but I don't think you have anything to worry about...the Thunder will continue Lebron's string of Finals nightmares

10. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Totally valid points man and I don't want to take that away from you. I just disagree is all. I think if it's a high anticipation event like a new album, yeah, sure. But I also know that sans-snippets I'm far more likely to try to download a full leak out of impatience.

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Well, DUH. I actually BUY albums, you know, and I never noticed any differences other than the sound quality.

12. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

LOL we're off topic completely and are now talking about leaks. I don't really care though

13. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

You mean...there's somebody else out there who still buys albums?...I'm not alone?...but it's such a dying breed...

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're not a unique butterfly. You're not a special snowflake.

You're just like everyone else.

Seriously now. How many people on this forum pre-ordered the album? Look at album sales. Look at research studies. Studies show that downloading music doesn't affect sales nearly as much as the digital music model. Those that download discographies are more likely to support the artists they enjoy.

"ZOMG I'M NOT ALONE"? Welcome to the internet.

15. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I have no desire to listen to these previews or whatever. I'm just going to wait for the album release. But reading this thread is fun!

16. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I was being sarcastic, and I wasn't referring to just LP albums, obviously several people on here will buy Living Things.

But good attempt at continuing to be the "resident bully"...*slow sarcastic clap*...

P.S. Meteora is a good album

17. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

[​IMG]

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's funny because you're taking a post by someone named "Baby Minus" with a baby as an avatar seriously.

I thought that alone would alert people to the fact that I'm just fucking with everyone, but apparently not. I must be more obvious than that, otherwise people get butthurt.

[​IMG]

19. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Who said I was taking you seriously? I was just replying. I know you're just fucking with everyone, I've known that for a little bit now, no "butthurt" here.

20. Linkinparkfan012

Linkinparkfan012 New Member