Linkin Park LIVING THINGS Face to Face Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

i guess but i remember when Minutes to Midnight was in the process and released, they said countless times, the Hybrid Theory era is OVER and never coming back....well that energy is back lol

Last edited: May 29, 2012
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What we hear in Shinoda's "Until It Breaks" verse isn't much different from what he wrote for Fort Minor. It does show off how much better a rapper he's become since 2005, though. In terms of bravado, it's exactly like "I Have Not Begun", but "I Have Not Begun" is more Fort Minor than Linkin Park, stylistically, and he's gone beyond Fort Minor with his more recent rap verses. He's got a style that works better with the band now, I think, compared to what he had going on for his side project.

Shinoda and Chester have just about always written about themselves in their lyrics; the rapping's no different. Shinoda's just drawing on more influences than he did before.

maclieberman

Im lost....where did u hear Until It Breaks?!

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Live as the intro to Waiting for the End. Check the videos on Youtube.

maclieberman

like from where? i only see videos from 2010 and 2011...i dont believe Until It Breaks was even thought of then lol

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The HOB show, as well as Rock In Rio (and Pinkpop, since it had the same setlist), Mike raps the 1st verse of UNTIL IT BREAKS during the intro of Waiting for The End. Of course, all 2012.

maclieberman

aww yeaaaa i found it...thats hard, i cant wait to hear the full song!

Last edited: May 29, 2012
    LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

As I've been saying, there's a certain style and delivery shown in Mike's rap in Until it Breaks that I'm still iffy about. I don't mind the bravado, the swag, but compare his tone in I Have Not Begun to his tone in this little supposed snippet of Until it Breaks. I prefer I Have Not Begun's style. I'll wait until I hear the album version of Until it Breaks, but if it's how it sounds, I hope it's not all over the album. Burn it Down's rap may have been simpler, but I preferred his style on that, he just sounds better.

Side note...people were mentioning the shortness of Lies Greed Misery, and I almost wonder if there's any correlation to 'aggressive, swag-laiden' raps and shortness of track length...or if it's just coincidence that it turns out that way sometimes...

I went for a run today for the first time in way too long and towards the end I told myself I'd stop after I'd run the full length of Lies Greed Misery on my mp3 player...song never seemed so long lol...which yea I know is pathetic for me but I hate running...

fabianto

fabianto 2+2=banana!

this:)

and the running 30 sec im down dude xd

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Back on topic, I really like these interviews. I especially loved Mike's response to the first question on the third part. Good finds.

LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

lol nice...I feel a little better now

I actually felt I was on topic save for the last sentence of my post...being that Shinoda mentioned 'bragginess' and aggression in this interview...but anyway. I agree, many of his answers had me nodding along in agreement (not all, but good enough)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.